Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Rains steps down at Dunbar
Dunbar is an incredibly difficult place to be successful.
Coach Rains has been a credit to the coaching profession.
Coach Rains is stepping away from coaching. He will continue teaching at Dunbar for 4 more years until retirement.
The coaching profession is losing one of the good guys, I hate to see him leave the sidelines. He is a darn good coach who has had success throughout his career!!!
E's Army Wrote:Dunbar is an incredibly difficult place to be successful.

Why is that? Because from the outside looking in it looks like a place with tremendous potential.
Strikeout King Wrote:http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...71835.html

is he headed to Bell County? :yikes:
Congrats to Coach Rains, doesn't seem that long ago I was watching him play for Williamsburg...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look at Dunbar's record over last decade. Several have tried and failed to fix the football culture at Dunbar.
Mark Peach had a fair amount of success at Dunbar and since then they have struggled keeping coaches. I think that if Coach Rains had elected to continue to coach he would have taken them to where they want to be, but you have to respect his decision. Not a lot of coaches spend a lot of time on the sidelines there.
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:Mark Peach had a fair amount of success at Dunbar and since then they have struggled keeping coaches. I think that if Coach Rains had elected to continue to coach he would have taken them to where they want to be, but you have to respect his decision. Not a lot of coaches spend a lot of time on the sidelines there.

I watched Whitley play at Dunbar when Peach was there. I think it was 02, and that same year Dunbar went to the state semis if im not mistaken.

I think they had a 3000 yard passer that year.
I also watched them play at Rock (It was the only Rock game I went to at ROCK that wasn't Whitley.) And also watched them at Bell.
Rock obviously played for a state title and Bell was no slouch, and probably would have played for the title if not for being eliminated by Rock.

Dunbar lost to both Rock and Bell and both were damn good games. Goes to show how tough that Bell/Rock district was for years when Whitley was in it.

The next year Peach was gone and Dunbar hasn't come close to the same since.