•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mills fired at Bell County
Can you detail those facts for us, or would you rather not?
Since one of cases will be in court next week, folks need to be careful.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Since one of cases will be in court next week, folks need to be careful.

WOW!!!! Guess there is a whole lot more going on than the rest of us know....

:pondering:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
PRIDE101 Wrote:Since one of cases will be in court next week, folks need to be careful.

Wrong you have no clue nothing going to court this week go to your Knox thread.
bcpc Wrote:Soooo. You are sayin you would rather have Mills and Frazier..... They couldn't get it done at bell.... Why would they be the best in the area? Explain that please. Chappell isn't even near the coach as Jody Mouser. I'll take Haddix, Greer, Mouser and still continue to beat Bell and Whitley with the combination of all the coaches left..... Corbin and Knox have a lot to say about the area too. Lol. You will fall off that limb if you go on out! Mills teaches mooning and flopping. Chappell had a great team "this" year and couldn't get it done. His offense had possibly the best Athletes in the area you speak of. Nothing stands out on Frazier like the other two. Seems like a dandy coach, but still rather have Greer callin my d.

I would take Frazier and Mills over Mouser and Greer EVERY single time.
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Wrong you have no clue nothing going to court this week go to your Knox thread.

Sorry, I will be more specific for you. Depositions will be taken. Let it go.....
Bobcat4years Wrote:I love seeing pjdoug post, he never has anything good to say about any coach. His team can't beat us or Corbin, but loves to bad mouth others.. You need to learn to take notes from RIUTG and focus on Cominel land.. Who's program is headed in the wrong direction if they don't hire some great coaches.. Or good coaches.. pjdoug, your not getting Dudley or Phillop Haywood at Whitley..

Douggie is trying to make moderator without ever adding anything of substance to a tread.
Mills is a good football coach. His time at Knox central proves that. That being said, I can see why bell co wanted to go in a different direction. I don't know about anything off the field. I do however know that bell co has changed in recent years. Personal fouls and chippy play were never excepted in the past. People can make any excuse they want, but in the end it falls on mills. It's his team and he makes the discipline. I'm not saying he deserved to lose his job, but it did need to be addressed.
Just Sayin Wrote:I have been around the program since the colors were Maroon and white and state nothing based in just a rumor or hearsay. I would not say anything negative about a person without knowing the facts for myself. With that said I stand by my statement that it was a good decision and am glad that the administration that everyone is bad-mouthing has finally took a stand on a unpopular subject. They don't get them all right, but this is one of the best ones they have made. As far as the program declining, anyone with football knowledge could tell that this has been happening for the last few years. District runner-up and having running clocks put on you is not the hallmark of a top caliber squad.

Just Sayin, I think you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else. We cant help it that your opinion makes you sound like a D.A.. This move will set Bell Co. football back several years unless they hire some amazing coach that dont care about all the negative stuff going on in Bell Co., no jobs for his assistants, bad assistant coaching pay, no promise of any loyalty or job security, leaders that could careless about football being successful, etc etc. Good luck to ya, get the white flags out and have them ready to destroy what it took many of us lots of years of blood sweat and tears to create. :igiveup::igiveup::igiveup::igiveup:
Now days it only takes a 1 or2 people with connections and your gone, just look at Larkey and Dinky. I don't believe that they will ever hire a coach as good as they just got rid of. I'm one of the few Knox Central fans who still like Coach Mills, I remember the days before him and they was tuff to watch. As one my buddies who son was the quarterback for Coach Mills first team said, I'm just happy to go on the road and not have to sit through another homecoming. As Football1 says they were other people who contributed to the start of the program but without him I don't believe it would have ever been sustained.
As for the rumors I have been hearing for 2 months that he would be the new head coach at Whitley.
This is what I posted in Jan 2011 when his move to Bell was announced:

"It is sad to see such a great Coach go. But I stand by what I have said all along. My opinion remains this is a poor move for a guy who had so much going in his hometown. Bell is an awesome program but it is just not a giant move up for him..."
Dave Diamond
Pound High School Class of '89
Union College Class of '93
U.S. Army Class of '97

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -Galations 2:20
In the long run, this might be the best thing for Wayne Mills and the worst thing for Bell.

They don't have a ton of talent coming up through the middle school like years past and Pineville and Middlesboro look like they are keeping their kids now, and I am sure that the sources of talent in VA are drying up too.

As far as Mills being at Whitley next year.......Chappell is our coach, is going to be our coach, and we are happy with him. Good Man, Good Coach and is happy at the County.

Maybe there are some coaches out there who would be interested in the Bell job who are not even on the radar yet. I think it will be a circus and fun to watch from the outside.
insideinfo Wrote:Now days it only takes a 1 or2 people with connections and your gone, just look at Larkey and Dinky. I don't believe that they will ever hire a coach as good as they just got rid of. I'm one of the few Knox Central fans who still like Coach Mills, I remember the days before him and they was tuff to watch. As one my buddies who son was the quarterback for Coach Mills first team said, I'm just happy to go on the road and not have to sit through another homecoming. As Football1 says they were other people who contributed to the start of the program but without him I don't believe it would have ever been sustained.
As for the rumors I have been hearing for 2 months that he would be the new head coach at Whitley.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the move, but ill be honest when I say ive not heard anything like that.
Well as long as people think I sound like a D.A. I guess it won't hurt my keyboard reputation to continue posting. As far as facts, a coach threatening to fist fight fight with a player on the sideline, coach about fighting with a grandparent at halftime of a game, and coach almost fighting with a parent at a banquet. Common denominator in all 3 incidents is the coach. Now maybe all of them aren't his fault but a pattern can be seen. The play on the field reflects the leader. Many more personal fouls and questionable hits than in the past. Bell used to be known for hard hitting defense, but not as a dirty team. All of these former players that are coming out to rally for your coach and his staff, you do know that when they all keep talking about lack of talent that they are blaming their misfortunes of you, students and young adults that they are supposed to be helping mold into men, don't you? But I would expect no less out of them. If Bell wins, the coaches are great, if they lose, then it must be the lack of talent and the middle school coaches fault for not being players for them. I was always told that everything you do comes back to you, I have had my share of my mistakes and mess-ups coming back to bite me cause I know I'm not close to being perfect, but at least I try to man up and own them not blame them on somebody else.
panther nation Wrote:stay on topic!!!

:rage:
Bobcat4years Wrote:I love seeing pjdoug post, he never has anything good to say about any coach. His team can't beat us or Corbin, but loves to bad mouth others.. You need to learn to take notes from RIUTG and focus on Cominel land.. Who's program is headed in the wrong direction if they don't hire some great coaches.. Or good coaches.. pjdoug, your not getting Dudley or Phillop Haywood at Whitley..

I wouldn't choose either Smile
jamesdeane Wrote:If I was Bell I would give Mike Jackson a call and guage his interest. He has local ties in the area, played at Corbin. I was told by several people he was the first coach contacted when Coach Jewell stepped down at Corbin.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/mike-jackson...ards-coach

Bell probably had somebody in mind when they let Mills go?
insideinfo Wrote:Douggie is trying to make moderator without ever adding anything of substance to a tread.

you could add substance to a tread by freezing to the road.
Mills is a Great person. But he can't win the big ones. Either at Bell or even KNOX.
I'm hearing Jerry Herron from
Williamsburg is top of the list Bell Co will go after.
Middlesboro Wrote:I'm hearing Jerry Herron from

Where will Mills go?
Middlesboro Wrote:I'm hearing Jerry Herron from

That is interesting and something I hadnt considered.

I never thought Herron would leave Wburg as it seems he pretty much has a job for life there, but it would be an obvious upgrade in coaching status and something he may or may not be interested in.

Wburg will dip off A LOT over the next few years and I don't see any more transfers coming in. Could very well happen if it is true there interest there.
Just Sayin Wrote:Well as long as people think I sound like a D.A. I guess it won't hurt my keyboard reputation to continue posting. As far as facts, a coach threatening to fist fight fight with a player on the sideline, coach about fighting with a grandparent at halftime of a game, and coach almost fighting with a parent at a banquet. Common denominator in all 3 incidents is the coach. Now maybe all of them aren't his fault but a pattern can be seen. The play on the field reflects the leader. Many more personal fouls and questionable hits than in the past. Bell used to be known for hard hitting defense, but not as a dirty team. All of these former players that are coming out to rally for your coach and his staff, you do know that when they all keep talking about lack of talent that they are blaming their misfortunes of you, students and young adults that they are supposed to be helping mold into men, don't you? But I would expect no less out of them. If Bell wins, the coaches are great, if they lose, then it must be the lack of talent and the middle school coaches fault for not being players for them. I was always told that everything you do comes back to you, I have had my share of my mistakes and mess-ups coming back to bite me cause I know I'm not close to being perfect, but at least I try to man up and own them not blame them on somebody else.

Do you care to share your timeline of these events and some of the facts that they happened? You seem to make them sound like they all happened this year which is far from the truth. You also neglect to mention the grandparent threatened to attack a asst. coach during halftime of a game during the teams halftime meeting. That grandparent who was once a parent had also threatened a basketball coach many years ago in the same way. The banquet incident has been chronicled many times before and does not merit revisiting.

The real problem here is what the future of the football program is now. 2016 looks to be challenging anyway but now looks really difficult. 4 or so starters return on offense. You loose the entire OL, 4 year starter at QB who played really well and 2nd leading rusher. On defense they may return 5 or 6 not sure. The new coach will have a difficult time filling his staff with $ problems in the system. I feel sorry for the players that are returning.
Whoever is coming better look into it long and hard because all of the assistants were fired as well. He may not have any help and with the major budget cuts not going to be many jobs to fill those positions. Bell has been short handed coaching every year Mills has been there. Dudley had as many as 10 assistant Mills had only as many as 6.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:That is interesting and something I hadnt considered.

I never thought Herron would leave Wburg as it seems he pretty much has a job for life there, but it would be an obvious upgrade in coaching status and something he may or may not be interested in.

Wburg will dip off A LOT over the next few years and I don't see any more transfers coming in. Could very well happen if it is true there interest there.

I am afraid what you just described at Williamsburg is the case here at Bell. A coach that had a job for life at Knox, a program that will be down for the next couple years and is not getting any transfers coming in. An administration and fan base that can not see that and here we are today with no coaches on staff. With Mills gone, and if what I am hearing is true , Hoskins and Frazier are going elsewhere,and most of the others said they are done. Which we only had 5. We will not have any assistants either. We do not have any teaching jobs to move people in. This may very well be the worst situation we have been in since we hired Greer the time Dudley went to Bourbon. The difference is we are not brining Dudley back to get it on track. Sad times on Log Mountain.
Bell County better make the right move here or the program could be set back a few years.
^^
What about Dudley, Jr.??
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Whoever is coming better look into it long and hard because all of the assistants were fired as well. He may not have any help and with the major budget cuts not going to be many jobs to fill those positions. Bell has been short handed coaching every year Mills has been there. Dudley had as many as 10 assistant Mills had only as many as 6.

The whole staff is gone?
pjdoug Wrote:The whole staff is gone?

Yes. There are no football coaches at Bell County High school right now.
New Coach can hire any of them he wants, but not made to. Common in coaching changes. But when there was only 5 and they say they are done, what then? No jobs, and no one else in system can or will coach. That is the problem.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next