•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mills fired at Bell County
HAROLD Wrote:Oh, is that the kid who had about 40 touchdowns? How big is he? He's transferring to Corbin?

I have heard that he will end up where a particular assistant coach goes. Not sure where that will be or if anyone even knows right now? It has been known for a while that the entire family was going to move for work purposes after graduation. I guess the recent events have just sped up the timeline. The father's job depends on industry and we all know how that is going around here.
This whole ordeal is pitiful. It is hurting the kids only. I would look for any that can get out will go. I know a few of the kids have a parent living away and they were staying with family just to play football. I would say a few of them will move on now.
William Muney Wrote:This whole ordeal is pitiful. It is hurting the kids only. I would look for any that can get out will go. I know a few of the kids have a parent living away and they were staying with family just to play football. I would say a few of them will move on now.

It's none of my business, but the Superintendent needs to retire, and not just for the sake of football.. Maybe then though, Bell Co. football can continue being Bell Co. football.
Blooming idiot, leadership at the top..
Bobcat4years Wrote:Blooming idiot, leadership at the top..

any rumors yet who they will hire?
any of Mills' staff going to Whitley County?
Heard it in Oct. and Im still hearing Mills will be hired as the head Coach at Whitley.
No way Chappell goes anywhere this late!!!!Mills and Hoskins will both be somewhere though!
Humfleet isn't going anywhere. Geez people calm down. Like I've said a lot of sour grapes right now.
one thing is true. Doesn't matter who Bell County hires, doesn't matter if they kept wayne mills or had Dudley back. The future of bell county football is looking down. I have been around a long time and its been since we wore the maroon and white that things looked this bad. Hope they can get someone in here that can at least get the most out of the kids we will have coming up in the future.
I have very serious doubts that humfleet goes anywhere. Mills will land in his feet though. The guy is a great defensive coordinator, and a really good head coach. Everyone knew coming in to this that he was going to have to follow a legend. Tough circumstances on log mountain, as well as all of the mountains.
One outcome here that could be positive for kids, community and the game would be to re-start the KC vs Bell game. While Wayne was there that game certainly made no sense. Too much emotion and heat.

Now kids can have a shot at playing in front of a few thousand fans for what will be a once in a lifetime shot for most. Coaches and leaders should be held accountable. To say this is a bad idea now is to admit we can't control our players and ourselves. A game like this reminds players that the mountains are still alive with fans who care about them and the game they risk so much to play.

If we can't schedule local teams to play each other out of "fear" for what "might" happen that is an indictment of every adult who touches these programs.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:I have very serious doubts that humfleet goes anywhere. Mills will land in his feet though. The guy is a great defensive coordinator, and a really good head coach. Everyone knew coming in to this that he was going to have to follow a legend. Tough circumstances on log mountain, as well as all of the mountains.

Whitley County probably needs a defensive coordinatorSmile
[quote=pjdoug]Whitley County probably needs a defensive coordinatorSmile[/QUOTE

From what I'm hearing Corbin may need one too.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]Whitley County probably needs a defensive coordinatorSmile[/QUOTE

From what I'm hearing Corbin may need one too.

You saying Greer leaving?? Going where? ? Surely not back to Bell?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
^
Wouldn't surprise me a bit.
Havent heard anything like that, but how many times has he done that to several schools...
Y'all are really gettin me interested!!. What else have ya heard?! I haven't heard any of the above.......
What I'm hearing is Greer got a two year waiver from the Khsaa to be principle and coach and his two years are up. And yes I've heard the Mills to Corbin rumors, but I don't see him going anywhere to be an assistant. I believe he is only interested in being a head coach.
Rumor around town is that he is in consideration for assistant superintendent. If he gets it he won't have time to coach. I'd hate to see him go though.
panther nation Wrote:[quote=Single Wing 77]

You saying Greer leaving?? Going where? ? Surely not back to Bell?

confusing lol:insane:
I talked to Coach Greer last night and he has no desire to go back to Bell with the leadership in place. Plans on being at Corbin next year and the next 5 years til he retires. They would love to have Wayne Mills at Corbin. That might just happen very soon..Coach Mills and Coach Greer goes way back to the late 80's..
[quote=insideinfo]What I'm hearing is Greer got a two year waiver from the Khsaa to be principle and coach and his two years are up.

I ask Coach and he said that the KHSAA has nothing to do with Principal and coaching in a district. The Corbin board approved him to coach and can do that as long as he likes..
It amazes me that people say things and don't have a clue on that subject.. This is a sad ass world we live in..
Bobcat4years Wrote:[quote=insideinfo]What I'm hearing is Greer got a two year waiver from the Khsaa to be principle and coach and his two years are up.

I ask Coach and he said that the KHSAA has nothing to do with Principal and coaching in a district. The Corbin board approved him to coach and can do that as long as he likes..
It amazes me that people say things and don't have a clue on that subject.. This is a sad ass world we live in..

it is a sad world for sure.
It's schools policy that dictates if a principal can coach or not. Whitley doesn't allow it.

IMHO it's a direct conflict of interest
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:It's schools policy that dictates if a principal can coach or not. Whitley doesn't allow it.

IMHO it's a direct conflict of interest

Corbin also has a policy not allowing it. I'm not privy to the reasons why they allowed an exception for Coach Greer to coach, maybe due to the fact that he is Principal at the Education Center. I imagine that they could change their position on it as well.
Unless its someone like Larky who coaches at a school where football isn't that good i don't see us getting a big hire. there are only a few coaches in the area that would possibly be interested.....
Elam: from pineville- has been decent at a school with not a lot of talent
Hoskins: from middlesboro- young coach may not want to leave or may be more interested in college
frazier: from middlesboro- actually heard he was interested but then some rumors on here said whitley??
Middlesboro Wrote:Humfleet isn't going anywhere. Geez people calm down. Like I've said a lot of sour grapes right now.
He is posting on social media that he will be at Pineville next year.
redrocket Wrote:Unless its someone like Larky who coaches at a school where football isn't that good i don't see us getting a big hire. there are only a few coaches in the area that would possibly be interested.....
Elam: from pineville- has been decent at a school with not a lot of talent
Hoskins: from middlesboro- young coach may not want to leave or may be more interested in college
frazier: from middlesboro- actually heard he was interested but then some rumors on here said whitley??

Elam will have the best team at p'ville he has had in a while and knows the situation and circumstance at Bell. Frazier is too smart to take the Bell job. Anyone that has been around knows it is bad situation right now, things are not headed in the right way. Hoskins is not from Middlesboro. I have heard that Woolum is being courted but I would think with family close to the program he would know what kind of shape it is in. So I would think he is a no also.

So you believe everything a teenager posts?
Frazier is not from Middlesboro, he is just here till he can get out. LOL.

He has not even applied for the job at Bell. I ask him and he said quote" once bitten, twice shy".

He is smarter than to get in that mess, he learned from this mess. :dontthink
Elam is not a candidate nor is Frazier. There is not a form of committee yet. But there are a few names. Only a couple are correct at this point I see posted so far. And if the one front runner takes it. Let's just say there will be a few from a city not far away pissed.....lol
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next