•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mills fired at Bell County
Everyone ask so far has said no. That is 3. Woolum from Fl. is next with a interview. If you were that close you would know that the committee has been formed, at least the three that will hire the job. Maybe not the one for show. It is Woolums job to turn down now.

The future of Bell County football in the hands of these three guys that have no knowledge of the game or what they are even looking for. They will be remembered for this hire , not the super for the firing of Mills. As of now they are all over the park so to speak.

J. Herron
S. Thompson
C. Larkey
M. Woolum

T. Larkey has said he wants it and they are still are looking.
Not that anyone who would be in the circle of admin folks would read this but you can bet they understand the importance of making the right hire. Some have questioned their commitment to football as well as their knowledge but you also have to look at the constraints that they are working under;

1. Lack of teaching posisitons
(schools can no longer just make jobs for coaches like they could when the
money was flowing freely
2. Finding a coach who meets the needs of the school
(You have to find a coach who can fill a teaching job that is available)
3. Location, location, Location
(face it Bell is not the destination a lot of folks want to live, I mean to go to
Lexington or Knoxville you have to go someplace else to even start your
trip)
4. "Fans" spouting how bad the admin is and how bad of shape the program is
(You are not doing yourself any favors, coaches read these boards and
also talk to other coaches)
5. Housing and lifestyle....gotta think about the wives and families...............
Happy Wife, Happy Life

You better hope that somebody can find a good fit for all of the above....and these factors are just the tip of the iceberg.....and it is the tip of the iceberg that always sinks the ship!!!!
All great points posted directly above. Another reason why you better have someone ready to take the job when you got rid of a very successful Coach. Just another example of the POOR LEADERSHIP!!

3 blind mice are doing the hiring. I love Woolum's family and his father is my entire families physician but if he is the hire they have sadly messed up. His career as a Head Coach has not been very successful. 22-19 in 4 seasons. 0-2 in the playoffs. Not very sparkling results. I am glad I don't have any kids coming up now, the grandskids are still a few years too young. Maybe by then all the current leadership will be swept aside.
If humfleet were to transfer. Which I still doubt. I don't think pineville would be where he transfers to. Both schools will finish second in their respective districts next year. Seems like a step back instead of a step backward for him.
Not if more follow, and I hear that is about what is going to happen. Elam is smiling with that news this morning , fact or fiction.
Madness Wrote:Everyone ask so far has said no. That is 3. Woolum from Fl. is next with a interview. If you were that close you would know that the committee has been formed, at least the three that will hire the job. Maybe not the one for show. It is Woolums job to turn down now.

The future of Bell County football in the hands of these three guys that have no knowledge of the game or what they are even looking for. They will be remembered for this hire , not the super for the firing of Mills. As of now they are all over the park so to speak.

J. Herron
S. Thompson
C. Larkey
M. Woolum

T. Larkey has said he wants it and they are still are looking.

If Larkey wants the job I think you stop the interview process and hire him. He is high character and a winner with a style that fits Bell co. Might be the only thing that could take the bad taste out of peoples mouths and build some excitement
Dang everyone complained about offense before, imagine if they hired Larkey!!!!
4ThePlayerz Wrote:Elam is not a candidate nor is Frazier. There is not a form of committee yet. But there are a few names. Only a couple are correct at this point I see posted so far. And if the one front runner takes it. Let's just say there will be a few from a city not far away pissed.....lol

I hope you are not saying Corbin's coach, Corbin > Bell County. the only I can think of would be Donahue but not sure anyone at Harlan Ind. cares about football. Unless you are just flat out not talking about city schools.
DarthVader Wrote:I hope you are not saying Corbin's coach, Corbin > Bell County. the only I can think of would be Donahue but not sure anyone at Harlan Ind. cares about football. Unless you are just flat out not talking about city schools.

I believe that he may be talking about the city of Barbourville.
Finis Wrote:All great points posted directly above. Another reason why you better have someone ready to take the job when you got rid of a very successful Coach. Just another example of the POOR LEADERSHIP!!

3 blind mice are doing the hiring. I love Woolum's family and his father is my entire families physician but if he is the hire they have sadly messed up. His career as a Head Coach has not been very successful. 22-19 in 4 seasons. 0-2 in the playoffs. Not very sparkling results. I am glad I don't have any kids coming up now, the grandskids are still a few years too young. Maybe by then all the current leadership will be swept aside.

Yeah your talking about 22-19 in FLORIDA! He took a team that was 0-10 and hasn't won a district championship in 20 years when he got the job! 2 years ago went 9-2 and won a district championship! Bell county should have hired him 4 years ago! He's done a heck of a job at the schools he's at now IMO
Interview Woolum next week... He's coming in for Christmas and going to talk
Bobcat4years Wrote:Interview Woolum next week... He's coming in for Christmas and going to talk

He would be a fool to come without any help. Larkey wouldn't fit in at all. I saw where some former players who donate money said they would be stop supporting if he was hired.
Pineville Pride Wrote:Yeah your talking about 22-19 in FLORIDA! He took a team that was 0-10 and hasn't won a district championship in 20 years when he got the job! 2 years ago went 9-2 and won a district championship! Bell county should have hired him 4 years ago! He's done a heck of a job at the schools he's at now IMO

22-19 with Florida talent as well. It was not like he was using the lowly mountain lions and playing Dade Central. The year before he got the job the same team was 5-7 not 0-10 as you said. In this day of the worldwideweb the truth is never far away. As a matter of fact the year before he was hired they won 2 playoff games which is exactly 2 more than he has won in 4 years. :welcome:
This is why this job is a nightmare now. It doesn't matter who is mentioned it is not going to make the people of Bell County happy. Politics have taken over there. Bell County may have to start over and if kids leave this may be a trap for any coach. Not if , but when the super is gone in a year and a half, the next side will dismiss or demote all involved. Including the fiasco hiring this job. The big news for any coach, is there is no help there and can not hire any.
Good Luck to Bell Co. in their search for a Coach. Hope you find the right one. JMO Mills is a good coach and Bell will be hard pushed to find one better. Good Luck.
From the outside looking in...... Mills knows the game... Would be a great coordinator, but very questionable obviously with tact and decision making concerning his attitude and what he promotes on Friday nights.... I wouldn't want him as my coach if I could crawl back 20 or so years. Again, the man may be a lot different than I think..... I'm just lookin at what I've heard and seen on the field. No matter how bad the politics are in Bell, it's the same to a certain degree in every small town..... Take care of business and put a team on the field to make the kids better is all any community can ask of a head coach. Lead by a good example.
Funny post, Because the word is he is trying to be on your staff next year.
There are a couple at Bell that think they have a job at Corbin, what they forget is Tom Greer and the knife he puts in everyone's back. Even the guys he calls friends. Not to mention the administration will not touch some of this.
if I have to walk on egg shells I'd rather be a chicken farmer lol
Humfleet can come to Boyle County. We like their running backs.
With Humfleet and a couple more lineman we may make a statement for several things. I do know we will win more games. Come join the party at Pineville.
If he is on the redhound staff, so be it..... If he isn't.... Who cares.... He won't be the head man... Greer is neither the head man, but I like him and the way he coaches.... Backstabbing/drama and coaches come and go..... A good leader at the top nips it all in the butt and carries on. I honestly have zero knowledge on him or any bell guys coming to Corbin. Jus what I read on this great site.. Call my posts funny if you want. You aren't the first on here to think so..
No body is going to Corbin... No one going to Pinevile.. We would love to have Greer back at Bell, but that's not happening either.. Our asst coaches will get on board with new head coach and everything will be fine on Log Mtn..
It amazes me how so many are so jealous of Greer.. He's a great guy and there's not one on here that can say he stab them in he back.. This thread is a joke!!!!
Start a new one: Wh is the next head coach on Log Mtn?
Woolum will be offered the job next week.. I hope he takes it!!
You really do not know Greer. But I do admire your optimism about the Mountain. We can all guess about what will happen, but you do not believe anything you just wrote. Good night and God Bless
Funny you use God bless.. Maybe God forgive?
I know him very well.. Coached my kids at Bell..
I am hurt , you don't remember.
Bobcat4years Wrote:No body is going to Corbin... No one going to Pinevile.. We would love to have Greer back at Bell, but that's not happening either.. Our asst coaches will get on board with new head coach and everything will be fine on Log Mtn..
It amazes me how so many are so jealous of Greer.. He's a great guy and there's not one on here that can say he stab them in he back.. This thread is a joke!!!!

Ask those that were in charge at Whitley if he didn't "stab them in the back", TWICE.
Mills will most likely be on Corbins sideline next year.
No better way to stick it back to Bell I would imagine.
Bobcat4years Wrote:No body is going to Corbin... No one going to Pinevile.. We would love to have Greer back at Bell, but that's not happening either.. Our asst coaches will get on board with new head coach and everything will be fine on Log Mtn..

Don't think any of the assistants will get on board. Unless the hire Nick Saban.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next