Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Homosexuals a race?
I found this in another discussion forum. I found it to be an interesting debate.. How do you all feel about this argument?

It seems to me that the preponderance of evidence points to the fact that you're born gay, if you are gay.

I can't prove that, of course, but all the gay people I've ever spoken to seem to relate that they've felt the way they have ever since they were born. Many have pretended to be straight, only because they couldn't come to grips with themselves. They wanted to be straight, but couldn't.

So, barring evidence that homosexuality runs in families... because gays seem to be actually, physically different (at the genetic level, or whatever it turns out to be), are they then a legitimate race?
interesting, race kinda refers to skin color, so ill say no but more as a ethnic group or minority
i agree von i wouldnt call them a race
NO
no
I think the only reason it runs in families is because they are raised that way. I think there has to be something that happens when they are growing up that causes this and effects the child for the rest of his/her life. I can actually explain this later, it's based on a Freudian Theory.
NO
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, I would'nt say race.....

I am of course from Pike Co. I never had to grow up around Gay people. Now, where I live, being gay is not a hidden thing it's wide out in the open and I have several gay & bi friends. I don't judge them, I don't treat them any differently.

Of course the way we all grew up we learned it was wrong...But, also we are not supposed to judge anyone either, judging is God's job not ours. I have talked to some of them about it, and its not a choice they all made, for some they have been that way their entire life. One of them was sexually molested repeatedly when they were young and so naturally they are apt to have homosexual feelings as they get older.
no i wouldnt call it a race
No
no
no.
NOOOOO
The Godfather Wrote:I think the only reason it runs in families is because they are raised that way. I think there has to be something that happens when they are growing up that causes this and effects the child for the rest of his/her life. I can actually explain this later, it's based on a Freudian Theory.

I agree with this.
NO
NO
crazytaxidriver Wrote:
The Godfather Wrote:I think the only reason it runs in families is because they are raised that way. I think there has to be something that happens when they are growing up that causes this and effects the child for the rest of his/her life. I can actually explain this later, it's based on a Freudian Theory.

I agree with this.
me too
How can it run in families when they cant reproduce?
Gay people still have kids HM. DUH! Look at Melissa Ethridge. There are often two cases:

1) The person who is gay is hiding it and has kids just for the sake of having kids, often trying to hide his or her gay lifestyle.

2) Say two gay men take one's sperm and have it artificially ensemenated just so they can have a child. It happens all the time.
I was joking Godfather,,lighten up
This isn't a thread for jokes, we are talking about a real issue here that involves real people. If you are going to joke say so, because from the look of your post you meant everything.
hawkamania Wrote:How can it run in families when they cant reproduce?

Are you really THAT oblivious?
race ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rs)
n.
1. A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.

2.A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

3.A genealogical line; a lineage.

4.Humans considered as a group.

5.Biology.
An interbreeding, usually geographically isolated population of organisms differing from other populations of the same species in the frequency of hereditary traits. A race that has been given formal taxonomic recognition is known as a subspecies.
A breed or strain, as of domestic animals.

6.A distinguishing or characteristic quality, such as the flavor of a wine.

So yes, I suppose on some levels you could consider homosexuality a race. I will however, always just consider it a state of mind. Like Republican and Democratic. Except instead of being a little more liberal you're attracted to people of the same sex.
i wouldnt call it a race or even an ethnic group. i really dont know what to say about it except that i have gay or bi friends and i treat them the say as i treat everyone else. i dont think that if someone that was talking to them for the first time was not told that they were gay then most of the time the person would not even know.

living in pike county were are all taught to basically fear anything outside of what our parents believe. i am not like that though. i treat everyone equal and accept people for who they are and not based on religion, sex, race, sexuality, etc.