Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future for Pike Central....
Ya know... I love watching JV games because it gives you an idea of who is going to be leaders for a team years to come....

I watched some of Pike Central's JV games with this thought in my head, and to be honest... I'm a little nervous. It seems to me that Pike Central's JV team is needing some serious "something". I mean, from last year, them winning games, to this year, not winning a single game, is kind of bad. Lucky for them the season isn't over yet, and they can still win, but... What do you all think?

I personally think that T. Murphy has serious potential. She, is one of my canidates for being a team leader when she gets older. J. Mullins too. (We all know Thompson and Harris, but they're Varsity and I'm only talking strictly JV, as of now...)

Rolleyes
well imo, Brucie Robinson is getting alot better playing post she is tough and she gets alot of rebounds for the jv I agree with you about Jamie Mullins I think she does real good I think she should be the point guard and not that fields girl she don't impress me at all I think mullins is alot better imo , I think if they would play her more that Beth Howell is impressive, but I don't see alot in Murphy imo but you are right they need to win some games aren't alot of the girls on jv the same as last yr
i meant i see alot in murphy (take out the dont)
i think a big part of pc not winning is that last year they started willams and robinson together.and no one could handel them together ....kinda like on varsity with lowe and slone,but in jv.IMO
I'm glad that you corrected yourself on Murphy. I was beginning to think you were losing it. Murphy has awesome potential and has improved very, VERY much since last year.

Mullins has also improved. She's beginning to act more like a point gaurd as the season progresses. She has been doing well, getting some Varsity minutes, and will continue to do so.

As for Fields... She's young. Give her time to mature. It's probably that same old transfer from playing at grade school to going and playing in a high school game. She'll be a good point gaurd one of these days.

Beth Howell. She has potential. She knows what to do when she gets the ball. She hustles her butt off when she does get in the game. I think that will pay off later. She'll be getting more playing time eventally.

I dont think they started Robinson and Williams together last year did they? I don't think they did, however, I could be wrong. I do know, in fact that at SV when they started Robinson and Williams together, I don't think it went well... Each of them are strictly posts and need to learn that you can go other places on the floor except for the block. They are the two main posts on the JV team though.

Some posts that could probably contribute though are S. Meek (grade school at Mullins or Johns Creek?) and Kristina Fields. Both are very tall. They should take that to their advantage and just keep working. I'm not too familiar with Meek, however, I do know that she is freakin' tall and HAS to use that. K. Fields is doing better than she did last year.

All of these are in my opinion though...
They did start Robinson, Williams together alot last year and I think did well together, Robinson is like 5'10 she is pretty tall ,Meek is from Mullins you are right about that she needs to step up and use her size and if she would get tough nobody could do anything with that girl . I think the team has alot of potential they need to work all the girls together and see who works the best together as of right now i really don;t see a leader in anyone of the girls imo but hopefully that will change they do need to play team ball I have seen some of the girls have the ball and they post player be wide open and they would not pass it and the coaches yelling for them to look to the post and they seem to want to make shot there self IF I was the coach I would sit them down when they did that imo
If you were the coach and you sat them down... Who would you put in? Who are their starters now? Is it Mullins, Murphy, Blackburn, Williams, and Fields? or is Howell in the starting line up?
The starters most jv games are Murphy,Blackburn,Mullins,Fields, and Robinson or Williams I would put in Howell, Mia coleman from Mullins, and see how some of the others could handle the ball. I think Robinson,Williams does well on post But I also think K.Fields is so underrated I think see could really be good for the team if given the chance to show what she has she only gets in a few minutes most of the time There is a freshman game at home tomorrow against valley hopefully the girls will step up But we will have to see. GOOD LUCK GIRLS
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:well imo, Brucie Robinson is getting alot better playing post she is tough and she gets alot of rebounds for the jv I agree with you about Jamie Mullins I think she does real good I think she should be the point guard and not that fields girl she don't impress me at all I think mullins is alot better imo , I think if they would play her more that Beth Howell is impressive, but I don't see alot in Murphy imo but you are right they need to win some games aren't alot of the girls on jv the same as last yr
Savannah Fields will be a really good point guard, but the other girls are gonna have to give a little assistance by moving around instead of just standing there. It is so easy for opposing teams to create turnovers when no one is coming back to the ball. Also if they would move around, then maybe Savannah could get a descent look at a shot, cause believe me, she can shoot lights out if given the opportunity!
yulp i would agree
JV has a game on Thursday agaisnt Grundy. I think I'll go check it out before I give anymore of my opinions =D

However, what Hawksfan said about moving the ball... Very well said. That's something that the JV team needs to do.
AND about K. Fields. I totally agree she needs more playing time. She's just as tall as Robinson, Williams, and well... not AS tall as Meek, (which I dont think anyone is lol), and I think she can do just as good as either one of those.
good luck
not every team wins every game! they have potential they are young and as they keep playing they will get better
PC plays GRUNDY TOMOrrow!!
hope the gurls pull out a win
I've watched Pike Centrals JV and They have some talent, they may havent won any game this year like they did last. But alot of them have improved like Jamie Mullins, Taylor Murphy, Regan Williams, and Brucie Robinson.

PC should start Williams and Robinson in there together, their awesome when they have both of them in there.And with Mullins as a point guard shes just getting a whole lot better and hopefully some Varsity minutes
Iwould have to agree with you on that imo, if they would start robinson, williams, murphy, mullins, howell and then work they others in as they need to I think people would be suprised how well they play together but thats imo pike central has so much talent on the jv
Yea 15thregiongurlsbball if they would start those girls Pike Centrals JV might win a game
Thank you we should be the coaches HA-HA no I really do think it would be the best line up as of right now.
That would be the best line up for the team, but instead of starting Robinson they are starting Blackburn
I know blackburn is good but I think robinson, and williams just work better together imo they always rotate williams and robinson with starting if williams starts tomorrow then robinson most likely will start the next j v game I wish the coaches would rethink the starting 5
I agree on Blackburn being good but I honestly think she could do better in ways, yes the coaches should rethink about the 5
is s.fields not starting TOMORROW?
howell is right !
Theres only one problem I see with starting Robinson and Williams together... Both of them are big built girls. They're going to get tired easily. I'd rather start one, let them play til they are tired, then sub. the other one in, until they get tired, give the other enough time to rest up, and rotate. That to me seems better. I think Mercer and Coomer are very wise when it come to the line up. I think that its good the way it is.
so you honestly can say that s.fields is a better point guard than j. mullins?
and that b.howell shouldnt be in the line-up anymore?
cause i heard from a very reliable source that fields was not a starter anymore!
Thats true 15th.Region.Fan I agree with you on letting them rotate
I was thinking we did better with the line up from last year
but sounds alright
i would have to agree also....it seems to work better if they rotate robinson and williams in and out instead of letting them both play at the same time because if they both get tired then who would they turn to after that
but when we are playing a big team the coaches usually put in robinson and willams together. it seems to work out good becuse honestly who wants to be in the paint with them to? you'd get ruoughed up a little...and for fast teams id say keep the line-up the same as it is for tomorrow
Do you think anyone from Johns Creek can step up and help Pike Central's JV? The Mullins girls has helped out somewhat but will anyone from Johns Creek improve up at Central?
Molly meade is good i think she may be a little underated she has potential
im wondering the same thing nothingbutnet15 the mullins girls have helped but idk bout the johns creek girls yet