•  Previous
  • 70(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Nobody can answer the question. Is he hired and when is he going to start? Seems like we are still not getting the truth from anyone.

We are going to hit 70 pages today, do you really think it would finally be that easy?
Bobcats 9108 Wrote:Tim was a good coach but he hasn't coached in over 20 years.

You're right. I get the Saylor's mixed up lol
It's a shame by all involved and now it's not just the administration.
So Wylie and Red Rocket, obviously you don't like this hire. I am interested in who you would have chosen if the choice was yours.
I don't think it is anything personal with the hire (if it is in fact a hire), I think it is the fact we are 4 months in with no coach and our players are doing absolutely nothing in the weight room or football field. We have no Coach, no Coaching staff and a principal that does not tell anyone what is going on. Instead he says it is fine, or we are handling it and the boys are lifting, which of course are all lies.
NOBODY has a clue what is going on. Would somebody please let the kids know. Geez
:insane: What a mess...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Wouldn't surprise me if these 2000+ post have been nothing but sheer speculation with not a soul knowing anything and Bell not even beginning to look at candidates yet.

Check back with you all around the dead period to see if anything has happened Confusednicker:
rojas Wrote:So Wylie and Red Rocket, obviously you don't like this hire. I am interested in who you would have chosen if the choice was yours.

it is not about who was chosen....McCreary was not chosen, he was the only one that would take it. I said he was a good coach. You said one of the most successful in the state of Georgia. I just do not agree with that.

Should not have had to hire , but if so, this could not have been handled any worse by Richard Gambrel, Tom Lefevers and John Brock Jr. We are where we are and made a good hire and have a good coach.

I think now we are having a question is to why this has not been made official and why are the kids not working , and where is he? All legitimate questions. Can you answer any of them?
Read some articles. All point to him being burnt out on coaching. That's exactly who we want.
trenches14 Wrote:Read some articles. All point to him being burnt out on coaching. That's exactly who we want.

I am sure our committee did some research. :lmao:
trenches14 Wrote:Read some articles. All point to him being burnt out on coaching. That's exactly who we want.

In Georgia with as many years as he's been doing it, I'd say he is. But, I've known college aged young men say the same thing before. They decide to hang it up, thinking they are completely burnt out (and, they might be)..only to take 4-6 months completely off. They then transfer (or come back, happens often at your lower levels) only to be more rejuvenated than they ever thought they could be and in turn love the game more than they had previously. The mind and soul are mysterious things.

Talk about year round...it's the definition of year round down there in Georgia.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Talk about year round...it's the definition of year round down there in Georgia. If you have zero hobbies, I'd say it'd be great.

It is here too. Problem is our boys have had 1/4 of a year off already.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:In Georgia with as many years as he's been doing it, I'd say he is. But, I've known college aged young men say the same thing before. They decide to hang it up, thinking they are completely burnt out (and, they might be)..only to take 4-6 months completely off and they transfer only to be more rejuvenated than they ever thought they could be and in turn love the game more than they had previously. The mind and soul are mysterious things.

Talk about year round...it's the definition of year round down there.

How many coaches, regardless of age, have had at least a little bit burn out? I mean, you put in countless hours, and for a pretty big stretch it's 24/7. And that might not always get you the win.

I've known guys who claimed to be burned out after a down year, because it's a huge strain on your health, family, money, time, friends, job, and your mental stability.

If a coach says he's never even been remotely burned out, then he's a liar or he's been coaching for a week or two

From everything I've been able to gather, I don't think this is a bad hire for Bell County.
Don't forget to spend more time with family.....that will now be 5-6 hrs away.
Finis Wrote:Don't forget to spend more time with family.....that will now be 5-6 hrs away.

So, none of his immediate family/grandkids, etc live in Harlan I don't guess? That would be a contradiction for sure.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:How many coaches, regardless of age, have had at least a little bit burn out? I mean, you put in countless hours, and for a pretty big stretch it's 24/7. And that might not always get you the win.

I've known guys who claimed to be burned out after a down year, because it's a huge strain on your health, family, money, time, friends, job, and your mental stability.

If a coach says he's never even been remotely burned out, then he's a liar or he's been coaching for a week or two

From everything I've been able to gather, I don't think this is a bad hire for Bell County.

Absolutely they do. It's the case for the vast majority of these 40 jobs/yr average that have come open the last 5-6 years.
Can someone answer the questions, why no announcement? Where is he? Why are the kids not working? Have we hired this guy or not?
Finis Wrote:It is here too. Problem is our boys have had 1/4 of a year off already.

I'm not sure you understand the difference in high school football in Georgia and Kentucky. High School football is THE sport in Georgia. While in Kentucky a few thousand people will show up for a state championship game in Bowling Green or Louisville, there will be tens of thousands at the Georgia Dome for their state championships. High school football is a much bigger deal in Georgia.
WhyLie Wrote:Can someone answer the questions, why no announcement? Where is he? Why are the kids not working? Have we hired this guy or not?

My point exactly. It is a shame. And then people want us to get on board.:please:
Trashtalker Wrote:If there 4 year starters hard not for them to be seniors

Yes I know a 4 year starter will be a Sr.

Does Bell have any good players coming up or is it going to be bad for a few years?
After 2016 -17 things will fall off for a few years. 16-17 has some talent and should stay on track, if they go to work. Not sure what is going on, what a time for the principal to start keeping his mouth shut. He talks when shouldn't and shuts up when the community needs info.
rojas Wrote:I'm not sure you understand the difference in high school football in Georgia and Kentucky. High School football is THE sport in Georgia. While in Kentucky a few thousand people will show up for a state championship game in Bowling Green or Louisville, there will be tens of thousands at the Georgia Dome for their state championships. High school football is a much bigger deal in Georgia.

From a fans standpoint, coaching is no different from state to state. Coaches all over put in a great amount of time. He was referring to the amount of time the coach would put in. So you are saying , McCreary can come to Kentucky and not have to work near as hard? Not sure we want that.
rojas Wrote:I'm not sure you understand the difference in high school football in Georgia and Kentucky. High School football is THE sport in Georgia. While in Kentucky a few thousand people will show up for a state championship game in Bowling Green or Louisville, there will be tens of thousands at the Georgia Dome for their state championships. High school football is a much bigger deal in Georgia.

Frankly sire I don't give a rats hind quarters about football in Georgia. I care about the football in Bell co and it seems very few do anymore. I have been around football here for a longtime probably longer than you have been alive. We get it you like Amos point taken. So where the hell is he?

I don't think you understand BELL COUNTY FOOTBALL. It's year round and if you think something else you are ignorant of what football means on log mtn.
AnswertheBell Wrote:From a fans standpoint, coaching is no different from state to state. Coaches all over put in a great amount of time. He was referring to the amount of time the coach would put in. So you are saying , McCreary can come to Kentucky and not have to work near as hard? Not sure we want that.
The sport is vastly different from state to state. North Laurel once hired a coach that had won state championships in Oklahoma. The quality of basketball, including coaching, is not close to the quality of Kentucky. Even though North was going through a period with lots of talent, the guy was winning only 2-5 games a year at North. Some states are much higher caliber than others.
Finis Wrote:Frankly sire I don't give a rats hind quarters about football in Georgia. I care about the football in Bell co and it seems very few do anymore. I have been around football here for a longtime probably longer than you have been alive. We get it you like Amos point taken. So where the hell is he?

I guess he is still in georgia until school is out.
^ This. Maybe a while before anything happens.
I've written stories on a 100 or more coaches in 30-plus years who retired or quit or whatever, and half of them say they want to spend more time with their family.
They spend a month or two doing that and they're ready to coach again. It happens all the time.

He will be here next week, Friday probably, from what I heard.

Some of you guys are so obvious - all you want to do is stir up negativity.
Well put HCS. It seems a few have turned against their new coach before they have even met him.
  •  Previous
  • 70(current)
  • Next