•  Previous
  • 71(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County Coaching search
HCS Wrote:I've written stories on a 100 or more coaches in 30-plus years who retired or quit or whatever, and half of them say they want to spend more time with their family.
They spend a month or two doing that and they're ready to coach again. It happens all the time.

He will be here next week, Friday probably, from what I heard.

Some of you guys are so obvious - all you want to do is stir up negativity.

Very true on all.

....sadly that last part is about all any want to do these days on here and other boards, which is fine if they also had the courage to do the same on a personal level (face to face, call, text, email..anything with a name tied to it). The worst part is, many are coaches themselves.
rojas Wrote:I'm not sure you understand the difference in high school football in Georgia and Kentucky. High School football is THE sport in Georgia. While in Kentucky a few thousand people will show up for a state championship game in Bowling Green or Louisville, there will be tens of thousands at the Georgia Dome for their state championships. High school football is a much bigger deal in Georgia.

Paid attendance for Georgia State football Championships for 2015

7 games - 46312

Paid attendance for Ky State football Championships for 2015

6 games - 44022
Never met him, never talked to him and don't know any of his habits. It is not about him at all!! None of this has been.

Bottom line is our players have done nothing for months!! I mean nothing! That is time and work that will never come back. That is the point!!!!

This has been a giant mess since it started. We have had no direction and no plan. It still seems like we don't. Great we have supposedly hired a coach. When can he be here and more importantly who is going to help him??? He has many no thanks but I have not heard anyone say they will help. I could be wrong but that is the word.

Why did he get involved so late in the process? What changed in his situation to make him show up?
Finis Wrote:Why did he get involved so late in the process? What changed in his situation to make him show up?

With this logic, no job would ever be filled if it wasn't filled in the first 2 or 3 months.
My guess is someone contacted him, which, like I've said, is how most coaching jobs are filled. He may not have even known about it, living so far away. I find it hard to believe you guys don't know all this if you're coaches.
rojas Wrote:The sport is vastly different from state to state. North Laurel once hired a coach that had won state championships in Oklahoma. The quality of basketball, including coaching, is not close to the quality of Kentucky. Even though North was going through a period with lots of talent, the guy was winning only 2-5 games a year at North. Some states are much higher caliber than others.

I guess coaches in Georgia have a secret they are not sharing with other states. I am confused as to what you are saying when it comes to McCreary? Are you saying because he was coaching in Georgia he is some how better than the coaches in Kentucky? Why will he not have to put in a lot of time, because he is from Georgia? Explain .
HCS Wrote:With this logic, no job would ever be filled if it wasn't filled in the first 2 or 3 months.
My guess is someone contacted him, which, like I've said, is how most coaching jobs are filled. He may not have even known about it, living so far away. I find it hard to believe you guys don't know all this if you're coaches.

All are not coaches, many want to say we are, because we have a kid that plays and are involved. Some coaches from Middlesboro can not take the truth. You on the other hand only report it, so don't try to tell everyone how it is done. You know nothing more than us, or the PC answer from all coaches.
Madness Wrote:All are not coaches, many want to say we are, because we have a kid that plays and are involved. Some coaches from Middlesboro can not take the truth. You on the other hand only report it, so don't try to tell everyone how it is done. You know nothing more than us, or the PC answer from all coaches.

I told you who the coach was going to be before anyone on here. I think I'll continue, but I appreciate your interest.
By all means continue, but you have no clue what has been going on here.
HCS Wrote:I've written stories on a 100 or more coaches in 30-plus years who retired or quit or whatever, and half of them say they want to spend more time with their family.
They spend a month or two doing that and they're ready to coach again. It happens all the time.

He will be here next week, Friday probably, from what I heard.

Some of you guys are so obvious - all you want to do is stir up negativity.

So he will be here next week, will he be able to,stay? I am hearing he may not be able to come permanently till June. Is that true?
WhyLie Wrote:So he will be here next week, will he be able to,stay? I am hearing he may not be able to come permanently till June. Is that true?

We can get a new Offensive coach/assistant head coach to run it. Surely not true, he has to be here before that.
Jacob Saylor will be oc. It will be an all harlan staff.
trenches14 Wrote:Jacob Saylor will be oc. It will be an all harlan staff.

that's strange.
trenches14 Wrote:Jacob Saylor will be oc. It will be an all harlan staff.
I just hope you are kidding us
Bell County getting Harlan county's Rejects.... Wow bell county had he plenty of players and coaches that has coached they could of gotten
64black&gold Wrote:Paid attendance for Georgia State football Championships for 2015

7 games - 46312

Paid attendance for Ky State football Championships for 2015

6 games - 44022

Coaches in Georgia don't have to pay, they get 2 free tickets. Kentucky coaches have to buy their tickets. Also maybe it wasn't 2015, but one game of the Georgia state championship had over 40 thousand at it.
Oh and they have more than 7 games.
1A public
1A private
2A public
2A private
3A
4A
5A
6A
Starting this season they will have a 7A
Good Article on Amos McCreary
I was right about ga.
Thunder Lips Wrote:Good Article on Amos McCreary

Liked the article. Sounds like if Bell gets him, they will at least be somewhat headed in the right direction. Sounds like the guy is a winner and appreciated for what he's done down at that school that he is leaving.
Thank for the article, it was only the 3rd it has been posted on this thread.
Finis Wrote:Thank for the article, it was only the 3rd it has been posted on this thread.

Confusednicker:
D.B. Cooper Wrote:Coaches in Georgia don't have to pay, they get 2 free tickets. Kentucky coaches have to buy their tickets. Also maybe it wasn't 2015, but one game of the Georgia state championship had over 40 thousand at it.

Just for the sake of argument:

Georgia also broadcast every single one of their games live on PBS in HD.

It's comical seeing the difference between the KY games and the Georgia games. The KHSAA games may have two total cameras for the action.Georgia is like watching a major college game in terms of production value.

With that said, Georgia makes up for it with ticket prices in the playoffs. My wife and I went to my nephew's school's Semi-Finals game. It was 15.00 per person for General Admission. There is no child ticket either as far as I know.

They raise the prices each round. I actually kind of like the idea as long as it ensures a great event for the Finals.
Here's an example of the broadcast you get in Georgia:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's an example of the broadcast you get in Georgia:

Kentucky should could learn a few thing from Georgia on how to broadcast the finals.

Good post EKUAlum:worthy:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Are boys still have no clue as to what is going on? This is absolutely ridiculous.
If my son doesn't know what is going on by Wednesday we will not have to worry about it, we are packing up and moving on. He is so frustrated with this, he said time to go. Our principal is completely lost. We will see. We are tired.
I don't have a son that currently plays at Bell. However, i will say that if i did they would already be gone. I have tried and tried to look at this and be as positive as i could be. Theres just not much good to take from this. Ill say it again we have been turned down but a bunch of coaches, we did the ones who wanted the job terribly, we hired a guy who just retired because he was "burnt" out, and he's still not here. Who knows he may have changed his mind for all we know! The last i heard is that he offered the OC job to the OC at middlesboro and was turned down. since then i haven't heard anything thats concrete. He may have decided not do do it??? really and truly theres just not much pos to look at. March is almost over and we don't have a football coach or any assistants to help with the kids right now. This is a shame!
Madness Wrote:If my son doesn't know what is going on by Wednesday we will not have to worry about it, we are packing up and moving on. He is so frustrated with this, he said time to go. Our principal is completely lost. We will see. We are tired.

redrocket Wrote:I don't have a son that currently plays at Bell. However, i will say that if i did they would already be gone. I have tried and tried to look at this and be as positive as i could be. Theres just not much good to take from this. Ill say it again we have been turned down but a bunch of coaches, we did the ones who wanted the job terribly, we hired a guy who just retired because he was "burnt" out, and he's still not here. Who knows he may have changed his mind for all we know! The last i heard is that he offered the OC job to the OC at middlesboro and was turned down. since then i haven't heard anything thats concrete. He may have decided not do do it??? really and truly theres just not much pos to look at. March is almost over and we don't have a football coach or any assistants to help with the kids right now. This is a shame!

It is the most embarrassing situation that I have ever witnessed in my entire life. And now there are more to blame than just the Gambrel, Lefevers and Brock. It is a absolute shame.
Please, I don't want to here if you and your son was a true fan crap. If this administration gave a flip, maybe some of us would not have lost that true fan feeling. Angry and Tired!!
Madness Wrote:If my son doesn't know what is going on by Wednesday we will not have to worry about it, we are packing up and moving on. He is so frustrated with this, he said time to go. Our principal is completely lost. We will see. We are tired.

move to Whitley County:biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 71(current)
  • Next