Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th top hitters.
The season is coming soon and there where tons of hitters that graduated last year, but who will be some of the best this year. Remember to be a top hitter doesn't mean they must hit with power. Sound off.
Ryan Hall and Brandon Smith are great hitters. Both are from Knott Central.
I think that there will be alot of big hitters in the region this year.Estill has 2 or 3, and so does Perry.Leslie always has hitters, and Brewer Reed and Pelphrey from Powell will make some noise to.I think it wil be an interesting year in the 14th.
Cory Brewer from powell is the best hands down .. I know that he was good last year but he has dedicated himself and gotten stronger .. lifted everyday almost since the last out at sectionals .. and he's a junior
Brewer's Body has gotten alot bigger gaining maybe 20 to thirty pounds of mainly muscle. he's really worked hard
I think that there are a lot of very good hitters in the 14th, and though Brewer is a good hitter, there's arguably a number of sticks that are as good or better than he is. You have to look at avg., power, avg. with runners in scoring position, and walks (good hitters know the strike zone extremely well).
hall and smith both struggled last year
baker has a great stick so does perkins from lee and dont for get hogg from lcc five names to remember this season
baker, hubbard, howard, wells, roberts all can kill the balll for lesle co.
thepasttime Wrote:hall and smith both struggled last year
baker has a great stick so does perkins from lee and dont for get hogg from lcc five names to remember this season

Yes, they did. Smith had an injury, broken thumb I believe.

Baker, Perkins, and Hogg are all very good hitters.
Chase Southwood from Powell County will be up there to.He didn't get that many atbats last year, but he will dominate this year.watch out for him.He is a beast.Also Hunter Martin for Powell he will do well to.He is young, but he will make some noise as well.He has a nack for hitting.He is one of the purest hitters that i have seen in a while.
Total Domination Wrote:Chase Southwood from Powell County will be up there to.He didn't get that many atbats last year, but he will dominate this year.watch out for him.He is a beast.Also Hunter Martin for Powell he will do well to.He is young, but he will make some noise as well.He has a nack for hitting.He is one of the purest hitters that i have seen in a while.

That's some funny stuff!!! Chase might, but I don't think that Hunter will be ready. Close, but not yet.
thats not really all that funny, if im not mistakin isnt he the bat boy..so r u sayin that your team isnt that good and needs help from younger players????
i think berryman, kirby, and freeman are top hitters also.....but who do you all think makes a top 10 list....
Jon Adams at LCC!
goinyard Wrote:I think that there are a lot of very good hitters in the 14th, and though Brewer is a good hitter, there's arguably a number of sticks that are as good or better than he is. You have to look at avg., power, avg. with runners in scoring position, and walks (good hitters know the strike zone extremely well).
Ok,well put up some names. If you know anyone who batted almost .420 last year as a sophomore,50 or so base hits, helped lead his team to a region championship. Any names?
Kirby from Estill batted .405 last season led the team in RBI's and Doubles...
and christopher also there lead off hitter hit .402 and led the team with 52 base hits...
but did they win the region?
Do it Big!
Estill's team average last year was over .320 last year in a new hitting system. In the second year of the hitting system you should see more of the same. They will have a tough lineup 1-9.
DoItBig Wrote:but did they win the region?

what does that have to do with stats? Im sure estill had more players with better individual stats then the two final teams from last year....
What was their average in the region tourny last year?How did that new hitting system do for them then?
Baker of leslie.
well if the estill players had better stats then why didnt they perform and gettem out of district???
but it doesnt really matter cause cory brewer wasnt the only reason for powell winnin region they had a full team effort, great chemistry towards the end, and good pitchin....
I agree. Powell had a full team effort.There were 13 main players that got the job done for Powell through out the post season.Brewer did good,don't get me wrong, but there were other players that were swinging a hot stick and playing defense.Not taking nothing away from him,but the whole team did it.JMO.
Powell County iS Great JMO lol
Freeman from Estill is just as good as brewer...hitting .400 as a freshman with 5 home runs...4 coming from one of the biggest fields if not the biggest in the 14th region....
Freeman isnt a true freshmen...
Freeman is probably older.