Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New England 37 New York Jets 16
Final. Brady went 22-34 for 212 yards, as the Pats move on to the Divisional Playoff to take on the Chargers. Playoff experience pays off as Brady and Bellicheck are 11-1 lifetime in the playoffs now.
-STAT- Wrote:Final. Brady went 22-34 for 212 yards, as the Pats move on to the Divisional Playoff to take on the Chargers. Playoff experience pays off as Brady and Bellicheck are 11-1 lifetime in the playoffs now.

And to think the Patriots are down....... The NFL must be a joke this year.

The Pats defense is the best that I've ever seen (meaning at least in the past 10 or 15 years).

Three running backs for the Patriots making a difference (Faulk didn't do a lot, but still had an impact late in the game)......... impressive.

Hadn't heard much from Gaffney or Caldwell, but they were impressive (especially Gaffney).

Be an interesting next few weeks, the Pats will be tough to beat.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:And to think the Patriots are down....... The NFL must be a joke this year.

The Pats defense is the best that I've ever seen (meaning at least in the past 10 or 15 years).

Three running backs for the Patriots making a difference (Faulk didn't do a lot, but still had an impact late in the game)......... impressive.

Hadn't heard much from Gaffney or Caldwell, but they were impressive (especially Gaffney).

Yes it will be a very interesting few weeks. And its really unheard of to have 3 running backs making a difference like they did. A running back by comittee I guess you could say, but they done excellent.
I said 27-10..Oh well, lol..Congrats Pats!
the score of this game was misleading. It was closer than 21 points...However, rule of thumb, never bet against Brady or New England in January! This game proves why. They are my pick to win the superbowl.....again, lol
BFritz Wrote:And to think the Patriots are down....... The NFL must be a joke this year.

The best defense you have ever seen?
So how about the Ravens when they won the superbowl.

During the 2000 Season, the Ravens defense broke 2 notable NFL records. They held opposing teams to 165 total points, surpassing the 1985 Chicago Bears mark of 198 points for a 16 game season. They broke another 1985 Bears record by holding teams to 970 yards rushing.

They dominated the Broncos 21-3 in their first game, their only playoff game in Baltimore.

They then defeated the Titans 24-10 in Tenn.

Ravens won easily, 16-3 over the Raiders in Oakland.

The Ravens became champions with a 34-7 old fashioned beating of the Giants.

Thats 21 points in 4 playoff games.
Patriots all the way
I really dont want the pats to go to the super bowl im SICK of them!!
Doc Holliday Wrote:The best defense you have ever seen?
So how about the Ravens when they won the superbowl.

During the 2000 Season, the Ravens defense broke 2 notable NFL records. They held opposing teams to 165 total points, surpassing the 1985 Chicago Bears mark of 198 points for a 16 game season. They broke another 1985 Bears record by holding teams to 970 yards rushing.

They dominated the Broncos 21-3 in their first game, their only playoff game in Baltimore.

They then defeated the Titans 24-10 in Tenn.

Ravens won easily, 16-3 over the Raiders in Oakland.

The Ravens became champions with a 34-7 old fashioned beating of the Giants.

Thats 21 points in 4 playoff games.

Baltimore's defense wasn't a dynasty like New England is. They're still good, don't get me wrong, and maybe you could make an argument, but I just see New England as better.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
New England seems to turn there hats(Over The Top, lol) around when it comes to this time of the year and just goes out and takes care of business!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:New England seems to turn there hats(Over The Top, lol) around when it comes to this time of the year and just goes out and takes care of business!

I agree, it's impressive to watch.

TOMCAT06 Wrote:I really dont want the pats to go to the super bowl im SICK of them!!

Kind of annoying and I agree it's easy to get sick of them but they're like the poster child for a great and honorable team
New England reminds me of Jeff Gordon...Everybody loves to hate them because they are so damn good!
BFritz Wrote:Baltimore's defense wasn't a dynasty like New England is. They're still good, don't get me wrong, and maybe you could make an argument, but I just see New England as better.

you never said the word dynasty, you said best defense in past 10 or 15 years.

When you look at one season, I would go with the Ravens or 85 Bears.

Or the Gators after the smack down they laid on the Buckeyes!!

Just kidding