Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NXT Callups
Anyone agree that Finn Balor needs to be the next NXT star to be called up to the main roster?
Yes and now. I definitely believe he needs to be on the active roster. He is ready and he brings something really new.

But on the otherside, AJ Styles is coming. To the majority of WWE fans, they have no clue who AJ Styles is, so he is going to have to be introduced through at least 6 months of NXT. I'm not suggesting holding back Finn for a year, but I really think he needs to stick around long enough to establish AJ to the NXT crowd. Finn and AJ's matches in Japan were classics, as great as the Flair/Steamboat five star matches years ago. AJ needs Finn to get quick recognition.
I disagree with this. Back in the day, I had no clue who Taz or the Dudley Boys were when they debuted with WWE, because I didn't read dirt sheets and ECW wasn't carried in this area. But the announcers put them over like a big deal. They didn't need to go to developmental and build a reputation. Just because that is how WWE has begun to do things, doesn't mean its how it has to be done. And if the rumors of how much they laid out to get AJ in the company is true, they are not going to want to use him in NXT very much, they are gonna want him on the Main Roster, yesterday to try to spike ratings, and sell WWE Network subscriptions.
I actually believe Sami Zayn should be the next call-up and I suspect that he will sooner rather than later.

I think he just needs some tune-up matches in NXT to see how his shoulder reacts.

I've heard that before he injured his shoulder before the Cena match, that was his actual call-up and he would have been probably where Kevin Owens is today.