Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Royal Rumble updates
If you remember, Dusty, Styles was in the Cruiserweight division in WCW.
zaga_fan Wrote:lol

My sentiments exactly.
zaga_fan Wrote:If you remember, Dusty, Styles was in the Cruiserweight division in WCW.

I know. It's a shame that they didn't get AJ during his peak years. He has lost the athleticism that has was known for with too many leg and knee injuries. He developed a very believable "hard" style in Japan, but none of that translates to the big roster. I'd still love to see him in NXT building a great reputation against guys like Joe and Aries. I'm not sure what AJ offers against the bigger guys of WWE, which means he will languish in the mid-card and be off of Vince's radar in a year.

I'd love nothing more than for Smackdown be converted into the next generation of NXT. Let NXT continue as developmental, move the smaller guys to SD and turn it into a cruiser-weight showcase. It would be a great place for guys from ROH, TNA, IWGP, Eclipse, etc., to strive for.
zaga_fan Wrote:Every time I enjoy a PPV...
Stardust $hits on it

Just an opinion. I expect so much more from the tools that they have. Booking a solid PPV should not be limited to just WM's.
Stardust Wrote:I know. It's a shame that they didn't get AJ during his peak years. He has lost the athleticism that has was known for with too many leg and knee injuries. He developed a very believable "hard" style in Japan, but none of that translates to the big roster. I'd still love to see him in NXT building a great reputation against guys like Joe and Aries. I'm not sure what AJ offers against the bigger guys of WWE, which means he will languish in the mid-card and be off of Vince's radar in a year.

I'd love nothing more than for Smackdown be converted into the next generation of NXT. Let NXT continue as developmental, move the smaller guys to SD and turn it into a cruiser-weight showcase. It would be a great place for guys from ROH, TNA, IWGP, Eclipse, etc., to strive for.

I remain hopeful - Daniel Bryan made it work on the main roster, but he may be the anomaly.

Honestly, Rollins would probably be about the size of Styles (I think).

I had pondered the idea of a brand-split before with NXT taking over the Smackdown time slot, but they would want to keep that on the network. I like the idea of a brand split with the indy guys on Smackdown.
Stardust Wrote:Just an opinion. I expect so much more from the tools that they have. Booking a solid PPV should not be limited to just WM's.

I know what you mean.

The way I saw it - I enjoyed the matches and performances (especially Kevin Owens, he was simply on fire) and I got excited about what was to come.

I'm looking forward to Brock vs the Wyatts - The Wyatts need a big feud and I think getting in Brock's head could be big for them.

Charlotte vs Sasha, even though I've seen it 10 times, will be larger than life at Wrestlemania and it will change the game for Women's wrestling. I would like to see them go back to the Women's Title at Mania and get rid of the diva nonsense.

Triple H vs Reigns should be good, it won't blow anyone away, but it needs to come to an end.

Owens vs Sami Zayn, although I've seen it 10 times, will be another one to never forget if they go forward with it at Mania. I would rather a title be on the line though.

I was really satisfied with Ambrose winning his match and being the last man eliminated in the Rumble. I was thinking they may go heel-turn with him at the very end - but he's a main-event talent.

Styles also lasted a really long time and I was happy to see him perform at that level. Could they finally call up Joe tonight on Raw and have him and Styles tangle up at Mania? I'm grasping with that one - but it's an option.
zaga_fan Wrote:I remain hopeful - Daniel Bryan made it work on the main roster, but he may be the anomaly.

Honestly, Rollins would probably be about the size of Styles (I think).

I had pondered the idea of a brand-split before with NXT taking over the Smackdown time slot, but they would want to keep that on the network. I like the idea of a brand split with the indy guys on Smackdown.

I like the comparison of Rollins and AJ, but 6-1 205 looks much more believable against Brock than 5-9/10 of AJ with minimal muscle development. Jericho looked huge compare AJ, and they are virtually the same size. Jericho made it work against the big boys, but he had the advantage of doing it when he was till in his mid-20's and could work a believable combination of strong/flyer style. AJ could have been great in the era of Jericho, HBK, Benoit, Guerrero. Now at 38, slowed by bad knees, not good on the mic, I'm not sure how to use him on the main roster. When you looked at him, he looked like a kid in the ring. Even being taller than Neville, he looked small compared to Neville's muscularity. Neville can be a believable mid-carder because he is such a great flyer. What can AJ be great at?
Stardust Wrote:I like the comparison of Rollins and AJ, but 6-1 205 looks much more believable against Brock than 5-9/10 of AJ with minimal muscle development. Jericho looked huge compare AJ, and they are virtually the same size. Jericho made it work against the big boys, but he had the advantage of doing it when he was till in his mid-20's and could work a believable combination of strong/flyer style. AJ could have been great in the era of Jericho, HBK, Benoit, Guerrero. Now at 38, slowed by bad knees, not good on the mic, I'm not sure how to use him on the main roster. When you looked at him, he looked like a kid in the ring. Even being taller than Neville, he looked small compared to Neville's muscularity. Neville can be a believable mid-carder because he is such a great flyer. What can AJ be great at?

I think if you put AJ in a match with an Owens, Ambrose or a Daniel Bryan and you will be fine. Sure, he isn't going to be a monster, but Styles can still work a match.

He's also just coming back from a back injury right now. I don't expect him to be wrestling Brock for the title or anything, but I think he would make a good IC champ.
Samoa Joe on Twitter last night.

Quote:The pieces are now all in proximity & on the correct playing surface. I warned you it was all changing, buckle up and get ready #2016
^ We will see some type of Bullet Club faction. This is where we need managers again. The bullet club that we know are solid workers, good size, but terrible talkers. As we know, WWE is about entertainment, so if you want to be successful, you have to be good with the stick. If you can't talk your way out of a wet paperbag, you will get left behind. Of the potential bullet club guys, Joe is probably the best talker, and he's not that good.
Alright Dusty, you heard the pop AJ Styles got last night. Guess I was right that he didn't need NXT for WWE fans to know who he is.
Coyoteman Wrote:Alright Dusty, you heard the pop AJ Styles got last night. Guess I was right that he didn't need NXT for WWE fans to know who he is.

Shots fired!