South Carolina GOP who wins.
64SUR Wrote:Make a prediction. :Cheerlead

1. Bush Masters
2. Trump nut
3. Kasich need some Kash
4. Cruzing in Canada
5. Rubio playboy
6. Carson the medicine man.

These are my favorite of the week. Even tho 30% of the Republican are crazy people just liked 30% of the Democrats are crazy also. Another words Trump Rocks Bush . Confusednicker:

1. Bill Clinton Wife.
2. Bernie the Bern.

:insane: :truestory:

I know one thing I nail Carson in 6th place. Now know Bush
I forgot my I-Con :lmao:
^
64 picks Bush.

Bush completely quits the race.

Please pick Rubio next.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
64 picks Bush.

Please pick Rubio next.
As Trump might say, I 2 that.
Woohoo Trump!! Good to see Bush finally go away
Demarcus ware Wrote:Woohoo Trump!! Good to see Bush finally go away

Democrats looking good tonight Hillary won and old democrat Trump won....when is the Republican election. Go Kasich :Cheerlead
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
64 picks Bush.

Please pick Rubio next.

Rubio will be your daddy before it over. I have a vision Cuba is coming. :truestory:
64SUR Wrote:Democrats looking good tonight Hillary won and old democrat Trump won....when is the Republican election. Go Kasich :Cheerlead
That's ok. As long as it wasn't the establishment or Cruz I'm happy :biggrin:
Demarcus ware Wrote:That's ok. As long as it wasn't the establishment or Cruz I'm happy :biggrin:

Cruz's negatives are on the rise. He's been accused by Carson, Rubio and Trump of dreaming up falsehoods to put into the form of robo calls and other forms of dirty trick campaigning tactics. It stretches credibility just a bit to keep doing it and keep saying oops.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I think Cruz will be severely hurt by this recent mishap with Rubio.
TheRealThing Wrote:Cruz's negatives are on the rise. He's been accused by Carson, Rubio and Trump of dreaming up falsehoods to put into the form of robo calls and other forms of dirty trick campaigning tactics. It stretches credibility just a bit to keep doing it and keep saying oops.
It amazes me how Trump supporters forgive his daily lies and insults are so quick to take Trump's allegations about Cruz as absolute truth. Trump can make fun of people's disabilities, looks, and religion, but it's okay with his supporters. The same kind of behavior in Trump as we have seen for more than seven years of Obama gets a pass.

I don't want another megalomaniac in the White House. And yes, I know that Cruz's organization and super PACs have been caught doing some of the same dirty tricks that happen in all presidential campaigns.

I am realistic enough to accept that large campaign staffs are going to make mistakes and the candidates are ultimately responsible for their actions. Cruz is the only major candidate who has apologized or fired a staff member for exercising poor judgment.

I will not be joining the Trump cult. A liberal Democrat is a liberal Democrat, whether they choose to run as a Republican or not.

Trump is a bullying blowhard and giving him the power of the presidency would be a dangerous act of desperation and an exercise of wishful thinking.

Why would any conservative support a close friend and big donor to the Clintons and many other liberal Democrats? I will never understand the logic of supporting a Republican candidate with so much in common with Obama. I guess everybody's BS detector is calibrated a little differently. When Trump speaks, the needle of my detector is pegged.
TheRealThing Wrote:Cruz's negatives are on the rise. He's been accused by Carson, Rubio and Trump of dreaming up falsehoods to put into the form of robo calls and other forms of dirty trick campaigning tactics. It stretches credibility just a bit to keep doing it and keep saying oops.
Yet, Trump emerges unscathed for questioning the sincerity of religious beliefs of Carson and Cruz; for mocking a reporter's obvious disability for criticizing him; comparing Carson to a child molester; threatening to expose a wealthy donor's "secrets" if he donated to one of his opponents; etc. If Trump fired the person responsible for his campaign's dirty tactics, he would have to bow out of the race.

I don't remember any other presidential candidate openly threatening to use the power of the presidency for revenge against a U.S. citizen for giving financial support to one of his opponents. The double standards being applied by Trump's supporters to their candidate's lack of character is mind boggling.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Cruz will be severely hurt by this recent mishap with Rubio.
I agree. You can only say sorry so many times before people realize it's not a mistake anymore.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It amazes me how Trump supporters forgive his daily lies and insults are so quick to take Trump's allegations about Cruz as absolute truth. Trump can make fun of people's disabilities, looks, and religion, but it's okay with his supporters. The same kind of behavior in Trump as we have seen for more than seven years of Obama gets a pass.

I don't want another megalomaniac in the White House. And yes, I know that Cruz's organization and super PACs have been caught doing some of the same dirty tricks that happen in all presidential campaigns.

I am realistic enough to accept that large campaign staffs are going to make mistakes and the candidates are ultimately responsible for their actions. Cruz is the only major candidate who has apologized or fired a staff member for exercising poor judgment.

I will not be joining the Trump cult. A liberal Democrat is a liberal Democrat, whether they choose to run as a Republican or not.

Trump is a bullying blowhard and giving him the power of the presidency would be a dangerous act of desperation and an exercise of wishful thinking.

Why would any conservative support a close friend and big donor to the Clintons and many other liberal Democrats? I will never understand the logic of supporting a Republican candidate with so much in common with Obama. I guess everybody's BS detector is calibrated a little differently. When Trump speaks, the needle of my detector is pegged.

Dear Hoot,

Your clarity is refreshing...keep up the good work!

:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It amazes me how Trump supporters forgive his daily lies and insults are so quick to take Trump's allegations about Cruz as absolute truth. Trump can make fun of people's disabilities, looks, and religion, but it's okay with his supporters. The same kind of behavior in Trump as we have seen for more than seven years of Obama gets a pass.

Well, like you said, Cruz has felt compelled to apologize, but in every case it has been after the vote is in. Last time was after an inexcusable tweet and some pretty inexcusable robo calls in SC. I will still vote for him if he gets the nomination. All I said was that his negatives were on the rise and they are. I've never seen it fail, in every case where one claims the high ground of being a committed Christian as Cruz has, people automatically hold that person to a higher standard.

You may have just indicated that anyone who might not accept Cruz's explanations for the actions in Iowa and SC at face value are less than realistic, or maybe I just missed your meaning. I thought that was part of the vetting process. In any case, Trump's statements have not gotten past me, nor have I winked at them. I do not accept the validity of polls which indicate that Hillary will beat anybody other than Cruz. People are extremely upset with Hillary and the 'lie fest' that passes for an administration. But, just as a little reality check, I doubt sincerely that BGR readership has a meaningful following outside the Kentucky heartland. If you will recall, I said in no uncertain terms that the identity of the nominee would IMHO, be settled hash by March 5th, the day we Kentuckians get to vote. The die will be cast by then and certainly by the ides of March when both Florida and Ohio vote.

There are some pretty respectable people out there who support Trump, and who would support Cruz or Rubio should things fall to one of them. Maybe they're all idiots I just don't know. But, I can tell you this. I believe we got the President last time that we deserved to get. Incredibly the people voted for him twice, and seem poised to compound the injury to our land by voting for even more freebies at the hand of Bernie Sanders. But I believe that God's hand once rested on us, or as the song says, He "shed His grace on thee," and thus He is actively interested in the US. So, either His hand is upon us, or against us.

We turned our backs on Him, and passed laws in defiance of Him and it is very possibly time for us to pay the piper. As an example, a long time ago God established the kingdom of King Nebuchadnezzar, and likewise we know He has in times past blessed this land. And in that we know that elections certainly do have consequences. You know I am not afraid to speak my mind. On the other hand, though I believe I must continue the struggle, I must take note of events I believe to be somewhat outside of men's control. I see HIs influence and I see the fulfillment of prophecy in what has become a world full of unrest.

Such things have continued on against us since the scourge of liberalism began to have influence after WW2. When with victory in hand, we lowered our defenses, not expecting or recognizing the threat that existed from within. We need a shake up, and I believe the rationale of Trump supporters would be that the status quo has had more than ample time and opportunity. Thus the Republic so many died to defend was left untended. Like a little baby that on a sunny day was set adrift on a raft back in the 50's, and is now the tiniest of blips on the horizon. Conservatives have been yelling and pointing to it for six and a half decades, it is way past time to act.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, like you said, Cruz has felt compelled to apologize, but in every case it has been after the vote is in. Last time was after an inexcusable tweet and some pretty inexcusable robo calls in SC. I will still vote for him if he gets the nomination. All I said was that his negatives were on the rise and they are. I've never seen it fail, in every case where one claims the high ground of being a committed Christian as Cruz has, people automatically hold that person to a higher standard.

You may have just indicated that anyone who might not accept Cruz's explanations for the actions in Iowa and SC at face value are less than realistic, or maybe I just missed your meaning. I thought that was part of the vetting process. In any case, Trump's statements have not gotten past me, nor have I winked at them. I do not accept the validity of polls which indicate that Hillary will beat anybody other than Cruz. People are extremely upset with Hillary and the 'lie fest' that passes for an administration. But, just as a little reality check, I doubt sincerely that BGR readership has a meaningful following outside the Kentucky heartland. If you will recall, I said in no uncertain terms that the identity of the nominee would IMHO, be settled hash by March 5th, the day we Kentuckians get to vote. The die will be cast by then and certainly by the ides of March when both Florida and Ohio vote.

There are some pretty respectable people out there who support Trump, and who would support Cruz or Rubio should things fall to one of them. Maybe they're all idiots I just don't know. But, I can tell you this. I believe we got the President last time that we deserved to get. Incredibly the people voted for him twice, and seem poised to compound the injury to our land by voting for even more freebies at the hand of Bernie Sanders. But I believe that God's hand once rested on us, or as the song says, He "shed His grace on thee," and thus He is actively interested in the US. So, either His hand is upon us, or against us.

We turned our backs on Him, and passed laws in defiance of Him and it is very possibly time for us to pay the piper. As an example, a long time ago God established the kingdom of King Nebuchadnezzar, and likewise we know He has in times past blessed this land. And in that we know that elections certainly do have consequences. You know I am not afraid to speak my mind. On the other hand, though I believe I must continue the struggle, I must take note of events I believe to be somewhat outside of men's control. I see HIs influence and I see the fulfillment of prophecy in what has become a world full of unrest.

Such things have continued on against us since the scourge of liberalism began to have influence after WW2. When with victory in hand, we lowered our defenses, not expecting or recognizing the threat that existed from within. We need a shake up, and I believe the rationale of Trump supporters would be that the status quo has had more than ample time and opportunity. Thus the Republic so many died to defend was left untended. Like a little baby that on a sunny day was set adrift on a raft back in the 50's, and is now the tiniest of blips on the horizon. Conservatives have been yelling and pointing to it for six and a half decades, it is way past time to act.

You mean to tell me im wasting my time expressing my views on here?
I thought this was read by millions....Confusednicker:
TheRealThing Wrote:Well, like you said, Cruz has felt compelled to apologize, but in every case it has been after the vote is in. Last time was after an inexcusable tweet and some pretty inexcusable robo calls in SC. I will still vote for him if he gets the nomination. All I said was that his negatives were on the rise and they are. I've never seen it fail, in every case where one claims the high ground of being a committed Christian as Cruz has, people automatically hold that person to a higher standard.

Trump is as much a danger to this country as Obama has been and maybe more so if Republicans hold the majority of both Houses of Congress. You're right about Kentucky's primary not having much impact on the nomination. I will be voting for Cruz in the Virginia primary.

Mark Levin played a speech by Reagan tonight and followed it with a speech by Donald Trump. What a contrast. Do yourself a favor and listen to a few Reagan speeches as a reminder of how a president can inspire people to follow him without acting like the leader of a lynch mob.

I am not sure that there are any other Cruz supporters who are members of BGR, but I will probably not be back for a few months. It is depressing to watch so many of you falling under the spell of Donald Trump.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump is as much a danger to this country as Obama has been and maybe more so if Republicans hold the majority of both Houses of Congress. You're right about Kentucky's primary not having much impact on the nomination. I will be voting for Cruz in the Virginia primary.

Mark Levin played a speech by Reagan tonight and followed it with a speech by Donald Trump. What a contrast. Do yourself a favor and listen to a few Reagan speeches as a reminder of how a president can inspire people to follow him without acting like the leader of a lynch mob.

I am not sure that there are any other Cruz supporters who are members of BGR, but I will probably not be back for a few months. It is depressing to watch so many of you falling under the spell of Donald Trump.

I am a Cruz supporter, but he has to wage his campaign without shooting himself in the foot at least once every primary. I don't think Trump has hurt him anywhere near as bad as Rubio did in the last two debates. Most of all however, I am a Republican supporter. I will accept whoever wins. I would rather that were not Kasich, but he would be light years better than Hillary. I say that because of the 70 million who will likely vote in this year's primary, I get one vote.

I explained my position and it's got nothing to do with any kind of spell. I worried when I heard about Iowa. Coercing Carson voters over to Cruz's side was not kosher and neither were the robo calls or the Rubio tweet. In every case, as a committed Christian Cruz must be above that sort of thing or suffer the backlash. And it would not have made a bit of difference if in his place it had been Rubio, or Kasich, or Carson for that matter who'd said we can trust them because they are first and foremost a Christian.

However, if I wanted only Ted Cruz, I don't know that I would really want him up against Rubio without Trump to take some of the heat off. I consider you a friend and like I said we agree on much more than we disagree. Nobody can factually say what any of the candidates are going to do. Personally, I'd think that all in the Republican field would play it relatively close to their claims. I can't say that categorically and that would apply to Trump.

Republicans have been scared to death. The Dems control the media and seem to have a coalition of takers, mother earth worshippers and unions put together that they can win elections with. They get weak kneed when Dems threaten them with the dreaded government shutdown, or call them racist, or socially intolerant of the homosexual community, they dutifully accepted blame for a war on women that the Dems hung around their necks like a rotting albatross, or if they have to be honest about their stand on abortion. The list is nearly endless. And right now, we got Lindsey Graham running around taking the point for the Dems demanding that McConnell vote on any so-called moderate that Obama sends them. :please:

Maybe now that Trump has stepped up and shown everybody how big boys put their pants on, at least one between Cruz and Rubio would try to govern with more chin, IDK. I would think that if Trump got the nomination and was then elected and should he get in any way froggy as Mr Obama did, he'd be impeached.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You mean to tell me im wasting my time expressing my views on here?
I thought this was read by millions....Confusednicker:

LOL, sad but true. I confess none the less that I usually give it my best. When I was coaching I learned that game plans sometimes go awry. When that happens one must learn to coach on his feet and make the necessary adjustments. Something I thought might not work before the game started, turned out to be the winning play after all.

I always knew who the playmakers were though, and that is the secret. I put my faith in them and in the case of America, we have to recognize that the will of the majority rules. In saying that, I freely admit that I was shaken and concerned in 2012 when Mitt Romney went down to Barack.

The people had spoken, but I have rebounded somewhat. We have a chance this time to see some real change. It hasn't happened yet but I have hope that the people will come to their senses and deliver the message to DC that they work for us. They must be accountable to us or they're going to be sent back home the next election cycle. We MUST mandate voter ID's. No ID no vote. Then you will see the steam go out of this idea that we must allow free passage from the Yucatan Peninsula northward right of passage via the US gravy train. We should build that wall, our ability to cope with the insurgence is gone, used up.

Man is moving towards a one world consciousness and consequently a one world government. The endless global speak coming from the President proves this fact. And, we will go that route sooner or later. It could be possible however, that the US can reject that for now. A rejection of liberal incumbents and candidates would constitute a rejection of liberalism. Her people might be spared temporarily if we see a return to our Christian roots and demand a reversal of the repeal of DADT, and certainly let their voices be heard with regard to the next SC Justice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I just don't see a path to victory for Cruz. The coward moderates have put full support behind Rubio and this will be a two man race after next tuesday.
If Trump sweeps next tuesday, it's over.