Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region semi-finals
I take breathitt in a nail bitter and jenkins by 10 with breathitt taking the title
I'm hoping Breathitt can pull out the win, but I don't think they match up very well with Leslie. I think this game has the potential to go either way. As far as the Jenkins vs Powell matchup, I think Creech gets it done once again and Jenkins will be playing in the regional championship.
Last region title for Jenkins was 1976. 40 years and my biology teacher was the coach. Reeds Wright. That year Jenkins made it to the final four of state.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I think we'll see a Leslie/Powell final. But should be close games.
Play a tight zone. Cut out Creech's layups and easy baskets inside the paint to beat Jenkins. Force her to shoot from the outside. A chaser will not contain her quickness and strong inside game. Defense wins games. Powell will come out with a W Friday night IF they play with heart. Leslie will defeat Breathitt IF they push the ball and play an up tempo game. Breathitt can't play a fast pace game. Leslie & Powell in the finals, with Leslie going to state.
Powell can win the whole thing if they play defense and be patient on offense.
BestSeatInTheHouse Wrote:Play a tight zone. Cut out Creech's layups and easy baskets inside the paint to beat Jenkins. Force her to shoot from the outside. A chaser will not contain her quickness and strong inside game. Defense wins games. Powell will come out with a W Friday night IF they play with heart. Leslie will defeat Breathitt IF they push the ball and play an up tempo game. Breathitt can't play a fast pace game. Leslie & Powell in the finals, with Leslie going to state.

That's easier said than done nobody else has stopped her so why do u think Powell will! An Leslie got beat on ther home court by Pcc an they looked terrible against Jenkins! Jenkins wins if they play Leslie an if breathitt wins I take them over jenkins
Powell Co cannot outscore Creech and Jenkins. Leslie Co with an uptempo game will beat Breathitt. Jenkins and Leslie Co in finals with Leslie Co coming out on top.
Don't forget Powell has lindon. She has the quickness to stay in front of Creech. Don't think any team still alive can best Leslie.
Streetoutlaw Wrote:Don't forget Powell has lindon. She has the quickness to stay in front of Creech. Don't think any team still alive can best Leslie.

She is a great defensive player ,but on this stage the powers that be want her in the sweet 16 , so if u so much as blow a breath on her it will be a foul!
They should win they have the talent,but they tend to choke in big games!! Last year going undeafted in the region an getting beat, an letting a very weak Pcc take them out in hyden for the district ! If they don't do it this year that's it for awhile , next year hazard will be tops in the 54 !!
I just hope that whoever wins the Region does not get blown out in the Sweet 16. Very weak in 2016.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

hillbilly cat Wrote:She is a great defensive player ,but on this stage the powers that be want her in the sweet 16 , so if u so much as blow a breath on her it will be a foul!

Good point. Have to agree with you.
Leslie best team left. Leslie wins the 14th,
I have heard word that Kacey Cox for breathitt is out with an injury to her knee and will not play against Leslie