Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Junior Mathews named head coach at Letcher Co Central
Press Conference at 3:30 tomorrow per three staff members and 4 football players. He has already talked to the team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Junior Matthews was part of the Staff last year at Letcher Central and was heavily involved in the offense.
He has coached in High School Before!
Good Hire!
Where has he ever coached in High School before? Only thing I know about is his couple years as an assistant at LCC recently.
As far as I know he was only around in an advisory role at the high school. He didn't actually coach even a position
This is a scarey hire indeed. I am afraid LCC is only going to keep moving backwards. It definitely looks like politics has played a role again at good old LCC.
tcb Wrote:This is a scarey hire indeed. I am afraid LCC is only going to keep moving backwards. It definitely looks like politics has played a role again at good old LCC.

What if they move forward? Is that still politics playing a role? Sounds like sour grapes to me, give the guy a chance.
I'm sorry, but when you hire a middle school coach to be your varsity head coach, you don't care for your program. And if you have to ask why I say that, then you have no clue about high school sports.
tcb Wrote:Where has he ever coached in High School before? Only thing I know about is his couple years as an assistant at LCC recently.

good question.
Give him a chance. Coach Mathews is a great guy! Sometimes it's best to bring someone in that knows the kids if options are scarce. With support, Letcher will be glad they made this hire!
They never really give any of the other coaches much of a chance from what I've heard. But this guy should know these kids since he'll has coached them before.
Has anyone ever been hired at a school where everyone agrees
former Wrote:Has anyone ever been hired at a school where everyone agrees

is this a question?
LCC has had coaches in the past with great resume and state championships and have not lived up to expectations. Why not go the other way and give a hometown guy a shot?
pjdoug Wrote:is this a question?

No

Has anyone ever been hired at a school where everyone agrees!.
I need some info on Letcher Central for the Cats Pause and haven't heard from the school, coaching staff etc.....
Do any Letcher fans have heights, weights, positions and grades on Avery Stamper, Tanner Lucas, Noah Brock and Quade Adams?
Any other returning starters back for Letcher who should have big years?
I have to finish up 5A by tomorrow.