Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Orleans 27 Philadelphia 24
Final.
Looks like the dream run is over for Philly. Good games from Brees who went 20/32 for 243 yards and a TD, and Deuce Mcallister who had 21 rushes for 143 yards and a TD as well. Conrgats to the Saints on getting to the NFC Championship!
Congrats Saints! What a turn around..They have the best coach in football IMO!
Their one two RB punch is amazing IMO, but I think Bush is the real deal for the future
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
BFritz Wrote:Their one two RB punch is amazing IMO, but I think Bush is the real deal for the future

I agree, there both so versitale they can do it all. Bush had 12 carries for 52 yards, but like always was used alot in the passing game.
-STAT- Wrote:I agree, there both so versitale they can do it all. Bush had 12 carries for 52 yards, but like always was used alot in the passing game.

Speaking of jackass calls that should have cost the Saints the game....... 3:25 left, ball on their 32, up 3, why the hell would you run a counter pitch?? You could run the ball straight up the middle for three plays, and even if you'd get stopped for no gain, you still have a 49 yard field goal attempt. A pitch is way too dangerous, so many things can go wrong, especially mixing in a counter.

What's the result?? FUMBLE!!!!

Then again, I have no football knowledge, so someone tell me how that was the correct call to make.
QB Challenge Champion, Just Pitching Champion, Midi Golf Champion- My Greatest Accomplishments in Life
im an eagles fan so im devastated by this and i hope the bears win so the Saints wont have another home game
I'm happy the Saints won, it was a better game to watch than the colts and ravens game also.
I love it. The Saints go marching on.

Now all the talk in Philly will be who should start next year. Nothing like a good QB brewhaugh to keep the friendly philly faithful fighting.
So what does everyone say about Andy Reids decision to punt it under the 2:00 minute warning? Salisbury on ESPN said he agreed with his decision.
-STAT- Wrote:So what does everyone say about Andy Reids decision to punt it under the 2:00 minute warning? Salisbury on ESPN said he agreed with his decision.

I thought it was stupid, his defense never really showed up all night, why did he think this was going to be any different. it looked to me like he gave up.
Congrats Saints.
-STAT- Wrote:So what does everyone say about Andy Reids decision to punt it under the 2:00 minute warning? Salisbury on ESPN said he agreed with his decision.

I agree with it in the regular season, but I don't like the call here. You only have two timeouts left: it's going to be hard to stop them three times in a row, and even if you do, you'd have to use both timeouts after two of the downs, leaving no timeouts for a last minute drive. Seeing as how the clock would only stop on incomplete passes or if players go out of bounds (I know incomplete passes too, i.e. spiking the ball, but running all the way up there they probly would just run a play), punting the ball seems like gameplan suicide. Granted that the dude jumped offsides and made it fourth and fifteen, but it's do or die, this is your season, if your team can step-up and make a play, then they deserve to go on. Would have been tough though, even for the best teams.

I have no football knowledge, so none of that makes any sense.
BFritz Wrote:Speaking of jackass calls that should have cost the Saints the game....... 3:25 left, ball on their 32, up 3, why the hell would you run a counter pitch?? You could run the ball straight up the middle for three plays, and even if you'd get stopped for no gain, you still have a 49 yard field goal attempt. A pitch is way too dangerous, so many things can go wrong, especially mixing in a counter.

What's the result?? FUMBLE!!!!

Then again, I have no football knowledge, so someone tell me how that was the correct call to make.
I agree Fritz but I quess the Saints were looking for Bush to make one of his big electrifying,changing direction, runs.
Old school Dawg Wrote:I agree Fritz but I quess the Saints were looking for Bush to make one of his big electrifying,changing direction, runs.

But why would you try to do it that late in the game in that important of a situation? It might have gotten the crowd fired up, but, if it worked, the game would have been over in a few plays anyways.

Completely stupid, but just my opinioin.
Did anyone see the hit Bush took, that was one of the hardest hits Ive ever seen!
-STAT- Wrote:Did anyone see the hit Bush took, that was one of the hardest hits Ive ever seen!

He got CHILLED on that shot. But he came back in and had a decent game after that. No where near the game that Duece had but not bad at all.