Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County vs. South Laurel (13th region final)
Funny how all the basketball wizards said region was wide open and 90% picked these two in finals. Not so wide open at all.

Thoughts on who wins?
Cards by 8.
South is a bad match up for Clay......it is Souths to lose....but anything can happen....it should be a great game
:pondering: I have inside information about the spread. :popcorn:
Cards by 6.
My mind is telling me South by 12.....my heart tells me Clay by 5
Tigers will have to play at the top of their game. Little room for error if they're going to have a chance to win.
Once again if clay can give effort on the defensive end and play Team ball with everyone playing their roles this will be a barn burner. If clay can keep it close , i think grubb and south cant handle the pressure and clay will find a way to win.

That being said either clay by 3 or South by 9. Im going with Clay
I feel like this could really end up being an amazing game. I hope it's on Wymt online stream at least. I'll take Clay in the upset by 4 67-63
I agree with cchs4life, South is plain and Simple a BAD matchup for Clay, that being said, i dont think they are better than Clay or un beatable. Clay has destroyed a corbin that beat them and handily beat a HC team that beat them. IMO this all comes down to Clays defense and who they chose to make them beat them. I will be shocked if this game is won by more than 5 points either way. CC by 2. Go Tigers!
All depends on how farmer plays
Your right playmaker, if Farmer will try to guard someone, it makes all difference. Smith and Wolfe have been the one constant on this team all year when it comes to defense. And one of the reasons South is a bad matchup for Clay is they can put 5 guys on the floor that can score, which means you cant hide Farmer anywhere.
Wow. U Gonna hide the coaches 13th region player of year. Let farmer do his thing
I heard clay already ordered champ t shirts. They are solid
Clay by 3. Farmer just too good.
:welcome: back to BGR Clay County fan you guys been MIA. Monday Night the ghost of Andrew Griffith is back. :worthy: 2016 Player of the year Caleb Taylor his second year playing basketball is on the big stage. Doesn't look good for Clay :partyhard:partyhard
H2O and Oxygen is required for this game. :truestory:
Refs will be the only thing that can keep Clay in this one or a BAD shooting night for South!
At this point 543 viewers has looked at this thread and 3 or 4 posters has predict a score. So here goes maybe some posters will joined in after my pick. :popcorn:

South Laurel 75
Clay County 60

:worthy::worthy::worthy:
There's no doubt South Laurel is a good team and the favorite. I'm going to say Clay 65-60. Gotta believe in the tigers.
South Laurel 71- Clay-66. South is just too talented.
Yep have to hide him on defense. True Story!
USA highschool sports Predicts.

South Laurel 64
Clay County 59

:pondering: wished I had look before I made my prediction :truestory: 64 unbelievable :igiveup:
If Sizemore coached South Tiggers would win by 15
Will Richie be there?

Clay wins another Regional Title 71-65.
South most talented team I. The region they have beat Clay 3 times. Won't matter Clay wins big games.

Clay 63
South 59
I think it's funny that anyone doubts south after how they have been playing. And beat clay twice by almost 20
I have thought and thought and thought about this game. LOL

South is big strong and got some amazing shooters.
Clay is quick, fast and gritty.

Two teams with way different playing styles. It will be a great game!!
While you are correct in saying that Clay doesn't match up with South, the reverse is also true...South doesn't match up well with Clay.

Clay did beat HC by a good margin, but I wouldn't call it handily. At least two times in that game, we led by 7, but broke down mentally and lost our focus in the 4th.

When we beat South Laurel, we executed a flawless defense. Taylor never touched the ball when there wasn't at least two defensive guys on him. He is a great player but depends on his finesse and isn't as physical as I had expected.

After a lot of thought, two facts keep sticking in my mind.....1) Clay is a tournament team, hands down and 2) It's difficult to beat the same team three times in one season.

All that being said, South will be ready for them.

If Clay can put together a defensive game, I see an overtime win for them.
If everybody doesn't play defense, South will pull this game out!

Good luck to both teams for an injury free game!!
South Laurel should win this one....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ive seen both play at different times of the year. Its all about tonight forget the two meetings in the regular season. This will be a good game both have great teams I say this will be a grind it out game and low scoring Clay 57 South 55