Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annual transfer season predictions
Ok BGR posters give me your predictions on who will be the winners and the losers of the 2016 transfer season!!
Winner : SV Return of Profitt!!!! Stanley may move back with her parents in Lexington.
Stanley's dad lives in Georgetown, her mom lives around the Cincy area.
I think JBS might get some very quality girls for the 2016/2017 season but only if Profitt stays. KCC rumored to be getting the big Gibson girl from Owsley and I think KCC will lose 2 kids. JBS or Hazard could get both kids. PCC will probably lose 2 to Hazard but Hall stays at PCC. And I'm sure there will be some surprises.
Faceballz Wrote:I think JBS might get some very quality girls for the 2016/2017 season but only if Profitt stays. KCC rumored to be getting the big Gibson girl from Owsley and I think KCC will lose 2 kids. JBS or Hazard could get both kids. PCC will probably lose 2 to Hazard but Hall stays at PCC. And I'm sure there will be some surprises.

Isn't Profitt a sophomore from Letcher county attending JBS? Why would she be moving to Shelby Valley? Heard she may come to Knott also. This is nuts.

How does Knott land an Owsley player? Just happens that she is a post player.... hmm. And to hear that Knott will lose two players to Hazard or JBS and Perry will lose kids to Hazard. These kids need to not be able to transfer around without penalty. SMH
If that kid moves to Knott she better bring her own ball or she will forget what one feels like. Hazard will be the team to beat next year, unless Cougars can come up with some more scholarship money or some big high paying jobs for the parents of the five 6'13" all Americans from over-seas that's begging to come to Eastern Ky. and play basketball!!!!! Its turned into a circus, what happened to coaching and teaching the game with our own kids? Or do we still know how?
Set them out a year and it stops.
from what im hearing proffitt and Gibson might end up at hazard along with sturgill from perry and another girl from perry and maybe one from knott. all of this probably wont happen but if some of it does then hazard will be looking good with the talent they have
hitter Wrote:from what im hearing proffitt and Gibson might end up at hazard along with sturgill from perry and another girl from perry and maybe one from knott. all of this probably wont happen but if some of it does then hazard will be looking good with the talent they have
If this was to happen Hazard would be loaded 10 deep no way they could be beat in this region if the girls got along and played as a team. Caudill at Pg Profitt at 3 Gibson at the 5 Sturgill at the 2 and holland kid at the 4. And there bench would beat half the other teams around Walker Muha and the Ashley kid from KCC and whoever else they have returning. But I really don't see Profitt going to HHS but Gibson makes sense with such a talented young PG at Hazard.
Having so many talented kids,could backfire!! There's only one basketball an there's a lot of kids that would be not getting to play after they put the time in ! Parents would not be happy!! I still think that the team they have now will just fine ! Look at Leslie all those super stars blew up in region an this year they take last years bench warmers an one starter tman go to the state!! I want to have great team at hazard but bringing all there's hired guns could be a recipe for implosion ! I bleed blue an gold ! Go Bulldogs!!!!
Gibson from Owsley isn't going anywhere. That comes from her dad.
I don't know why she wouldn't go to a regional contender. more exposer and more opportunity. the proffitt girl would have already been at hazard but the previous coach messed it up. sturgill is going to hazard and all they would need would be a true center and they would be the best team in the region
What's ur thinging on the sturgill going to hazard? I know she has friend at hazard, but she's already playing on a regional contender now? She starts an she gets to shoot 30 shots a game. The little girl that plays point guard she won't mind sharing the ball, but let the the sturgill girl get 25 points a game a couple of times, then the daddy of the point guard won't be happy an suddenly there's a problem his little girl is no longer the star!! Everyone must have roles on a sucessful team! Everyone can't be the star! Remember someone has to rebound an play defense ! The team will have or should be favored to win the district an a top team for the regional title, with what's coming back why mess up the chemistry, all the players now have there roles set! I've followed them all year an they gave Pcc all they wanted an then some. Pcc lost 6 seniors this year, they will have good guard play an nothing else ! Go Bulldogs!!
hitter Wrote:I don't know why she wouldn't go to a regional contender. more exposer and more opportunity. the proffitt girl would have already been at hazard but the previous coach messed it up. sturgill is going to hazard and all they would need would be a true center and they would be the best team in the region
Friends, loyalty, already having D1 schools look at her.
hitter Wrote:I don't know why she wouldn't go to a regional contender. more exposer and more opportunity. the proffitt girl would have already been at hazard but the previous coach messed it up. sturgill is going to hazard and all they would need would be a true center and they would be the best team in the region

Her dad works at Toyota in Gerogetown and makes the drive from Booneville to Georgetown every day. Her mom has been a teacher in the Owsley County system for 15 years or so and they had a house built about 10 years or so ago. They're not about to uproot their family for anything.
Owsley girl is a nice player. If you can play really doesn't matter where you play high school bball. Colleges want to know if you can help their school compete, not really concerned with your W's and L's at the high school level. Been a lot of great college players that have played on average high school teams.
I understand that about Gibson and that's fine with me. I wish her good luck if she stays or goes.
hillbilly cat Wrote:What's ur thinging on the sturgill going to hazard? I know she has friend at hazard, but she's already playing on a regional contender now? She starts an she gets to shoot 30 shots a game. The little girl that plays point guard she won't mind sharing the ball, but let the the sturgill girl get 25 points a game a couple of times, then the daddy of the point guard won't be happy an suddenly there's a problem his little girl is no longer the star!! Everyone must have roles on a sucessful team! Everyone can't be the star! Remember someone has to rebound an play defense ! The team will have or should be favored to win the district an a top team for the regional title, with what's coming back why mess up the chemistry, all the players now have there roles set! I've followed them all year an they gave Pcc all they wanted an then some. Pcc lost 6 seniors this year, they will have good guard play an nothing else ! Go Bulldogs!!

my thinking is that's what her and her parents said they were doing and caudills dad coached sturgill and his daughter together for years before last year so there wont be any hurt feelings because they get along and they play well together. hazard loses a couple seniors so she could fill one of there spots.
I'am always for hazard getting better, but I keep hearing that there may be several player show up at Pcc , but I figure it's more talk than anything else! Go BullDogs!!
What alot of people don't know is that Owsley has a really talented group of young players coming up. Most of which are 7th graders right now and 2 of which will probably start as
8th graders next year. I don't see Gibson going anywhere as she knows these girls and has already been playing along side them. Future is very bright at Owsley.
In the 13th, I'm hearing that Clay or Corbin may be getting a game changer.
insideinfo Wrote:In the 13th, I'm hearing that Clay or Corbin may be getting a game changer.

How many starters does Clay return? Saw them play toward end of season and didn't really come away impressed although they did come out of that district with the win over North Laurel. Reason I say this is that I can see them trying to refill the cupboard
Boogie Wrote:What alot of people don't know is that Owsley has a really talented group of young players coming up. Most of which are 7th graders right now and 2 of which will probably start as
8th graders next year. I don't see Gibson going anywhere as she knows these girls and has already been playing along side them. Future is very bright at Owsley.

I have to agree with boogie. I have seen that young group play a few times. They are very solid. Strong guard play and very talented inside players. Really a complete group. Can't see her leaving with that group to play with over the next two years.
insideinfo Wrote:In the 13th, I'm hearing that Clay or Corbin may be getting a game changer.

Is this the possible one from SL I've been hearing about?
Olred Wrote:Is this the possible one from SL I've been hearing about?

No
Boogie Wrote:How many starters does Clay return? Saw them play toward end of season and didn't really come away impressed although they did come out of that district with the win over North Laurel. Reason I say this is that I can see them trying to refill the cupboard

Clay only graduates one. Everybody else will be back for multiple years. If they get some size to play on the block, with the guards they have, they should be very competitive. Is the possible addition a post player.
Heard the Caudill girl from Hazard was going back to RW and playing at Perry. Napier gonna make her dad Head Assistant. Cant blame Coach Napier. I'd hire him to.
insideinfo Wrote:No

Who? Where? Lol
UKisN1 Wrote:Friends, loyalty, already having D1 schools look at her.

Who is already having d1 look at them from this group? And what schools?
Gibson of Owsley Co.