Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Kasich and Cruz be a factor in the conventions
I liked Kasich for some reason sure hope Cruz doesn't slide in. :yikes:
If both Michigan and Florida go for trump over the next two weeks like polls are saying, there won't be a convention. Trump will secure it.
64SUR Wrote:I liked Kasich for some reason sure hope Cruz doesn't slide in. :yikes:
I could see Kasich being a factor but Cruz would be in the same boat as Trump at the convention. IMO at least. Cruz is seen as an outsider as well, I would look for them to use Romney in some way. Which only guarantees the biggest dem win in history because people won't vote for Romney. Then you will start seeing new faces in DC because it's obvious people are tired of the status quo. But as GUT said, if Trump wins FL and MI it may not come to that.
There is only one candidate left in the Republican Primary that has yet to win a single state. John Kasich, truly a legend in his own mind. I have heard many speak of the way Trump likes to talk about himself. Anybody who thinks Trump has the corner on that needs to replay the last Republican debate.

I suppose it has escaped Kasich's notice, but not many have voted for him. And, the attrition strategy he has adopted hardly makes him look like a winner to me. There used to be a joke among Christians that I knew in which they would facetiously say, "I'm the most humble person I know." Kasich has been nothing if not serious in taking quite a few bows for being "the only grown up on the debate stage," too dignified to enter the fray. Today he managed to shoot his own image of traditional decorum down in flames as he asserted that the organized protestors which have been invading Trump rallies of late are somewhat justified in their riotous behavior. And that Trump is a fomenter of upheaval and civil unrest. Needless to say, there went one of the few remaining from my list of possibles.

EXCERPT---
Gov. John Kasich condemned Donald Trump for creating a “toxic environment” that has led supporters and protesters to “come together in violence”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post...vironment/

Low information voters might not understand what is going on, but you can bet that John Kasich does, very clearly. The establishment, moveon.org, black lives matter and other likely's on the list of the guilty, may well all add up to make that list lengthy to be sure. Kasich, in my view might as well be on that list too. He has sanctioned the riotous interdiction of the American process. IMHO, the people of Ohio, if they really do like this guy, need to keep him there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If I were Trump id be more worried about Ohio than Florida.

Its no secret the only reason Kasich has stayed in it this long is to try and win ohio to keep Trump from getting those delegates. Kasich is just another pawn in the establishment democratic party. Win or lose, he will quit wasting money after next week.
Cruz picked up 9 delegates in the Wyoming caucuses today. Rubio and Trump won a single delegate each. Cruz also picked up the only delegate awarded so far in Guam.

The results of the Washington, DC caucuses are coming in now and it looks like the two Washington insiders, Kasich and Rubio will take most of DC's 19 delegates, with Trump and Cruz finishing a distant third and fourth.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Cruz picked up 9 delegates in the Wyoming caucuses today. Rubio and Trump won a single delegate each. Cruz also picked up the only delegate awarded so far in Guam.

The results of the Washington, DC caucuses are coming in now and it looks like the two Washington insiders, Kasich and Rubio will take most of DC's 19 delegates, with Trump and Cruz finishing a distant third and fourth.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump and Cruz didn't get any. If either is elected some DC employees may see their gravy train come to an end. Not so much in losing their jobs, but in actually having to do them for a change.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If I were Trump id be more worried about Ohio than Florida.

Its no secret the only reason Kasich has stayed in it this long is to try and win ohio to keep Trump from getting those delegates. Kasich is just another pawn in the establishment democratic party. Win or lose, he will quit wasting money after next week.

Have you seen the anti-Trump political ads? This whole process to me, ranks among the actions of which this nation should be most ashamed. I've never seen anything like it. But, I know what it's all leading up to;
Matthew 24:10 (KJV)
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

We're seeing the beginnings of sorrow. And it will only get worse. To me the thing that is so laughable are the contentions of the present administration that man has evolved into 21st Century thinking. :please: How do the powers that be think they will be able to ever control the thugs that are interfering with this election cycle and burning down US Cities?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Trump and Cruz didn't get any. If either is elected some DC employees may see their gravy train come to an end. Not so much in losing their jobs, but in actually having to do them for a change.
Neither Trump nor Cruz won any delegates. Cruz has proposed large spending cuts, which would end the gravy train for many Washington bureaucrats. He has proposed eliminating four departments and a major agency, including the IRS, Education, Energy, Commerce, and HUD.

Trump has proposed cutting "waste, fraud, and abuse" to avoid making any hard choices on spending cuts. How many politicians have you heard make that promise before? I believe that Trump will cut spending when the country goes bankrupt.

Trump seems to be largely ignoring states and territories with small delegate counts. Cruz established contacts in the Pacific territories months ago, because they count toward the 8 state/territory minimum to qualify for nomination at the convention.

If there is a contested convention, the GOP would have to change its rules to allow anybody who fails to win 8 states or territories to have their names placed into nomination. I think Cruz's total is now 7, Rubio's total is 3, and Kasich has won none. Trump's total stands at 12 or 13.
The two latest Florida GOP polls have Trump up by 21 to 23 percent over Rubio. Rubio trails Cruz in one poll and leads him by 1% in the other one. Rubio might have a bright future in the Democrat Party, but if he ever wanted to become a Republican President, then he should have withdrawn from the race a few weeks ago and supported Cruz in this election cycle. If Trump becomes the nominee, Rubio, Kasich, and Romney will deserve most of the blame.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The two latest Florida GOP polls have Trump up by 21 to 23 percent over Rubio. Rubio trails Cruz in one poll and leads him by 1% in the other one. Rubio might have a bright future in the Democrat Party, but if he ever wanted to become a Republican President, then he should have withdrawn from the race a few weeks ago and supported Cruz in this election cycle. If Trump becomes the nominee, Rubio, Kasich, and Romney will deserve most of the blame.

Agree. RealClear has Trump up big but it's closer now. Rubio needed to drop out but I think the GOPe blew him up so much at the time of the SEC Primary, he thought he had the Presidency in the bag. Imagine if it was him running this time on the Democrat ticket. Hillary would have been dumped so quick her head would still be spinning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Q poll has Trump up 46-22 over Rubio this morning, and Trump is tied with Kasich 38-38 in Ohio.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The biggest reason I want to see Trump win?

THE LIBERAL AND ESTABLISHMENT TEARS

If you go to CNN, and for your sanity, I highly advise none of you do, out of the top 10 stories on the front page, 5 will be "opinion pieces" bashing Trumps. 2 about polls. 2 about what Trump did or didn't say, and 1 about Trump being the worst thing the world has ever seen and wondering why his turnout is so great.

It makes me smile.

Make no bones about it. Trump is not what scares the liberal media and the RINOS. Its that millions of people feel this way that scares them. The he she sally man almost had a melt down on there the other day.
" Breaking News " out of Leslie County Mitch Going to the convention and. Straightening this out who going to be president. :lmao: