Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting Aside a "Ticked Off" God
Let us, for sake of clarity of debate, set aside for the moment the notion of a "ticked off" God. In what way does giving civil sanction for same sex marriage impede the essential freedom (life, liberty, pursuit of happiness) of an individual American?
Is an individual American forced to attend a same sex wedding? Is a minister who reviles same sex marriage forced to officiate at one? Is a church that reviles same sex marriage forced to host one?
This topic has been beat to death to many times. Everyone knowshould what conservatives think about the mental illness problem in this country.
You won't get a response out of this played out talking point. Nobody cares.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This topic has been beat to death to many times. Everyone knowshould what conservatives think about the mental illness problem in this country.
You won't get a response out of this played out talking point. Nobody cares.

Agree to disagree...and you are probably right as to "beat to death" aspect.
WideRight05 Wrote:[Image: http://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/uplo...1_1217.jpg]

The last parade I saw, a full 30% of the "floats" were from churches.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The last parade I saw, a full 30% of the "floats" were from churches.

[Image: https://owprince.files.wordpress.com/201...achers.jpg]
WideRight05 Wrote:[Image: https://owprince.files.wordpress.com/201...achers.jpg]

Perhaps be even more "Beware" of those who seek to sort the net, though they lack unction to do so.
WideRight05 Wrote:[Image: http://static.onepoliticalplaza.com/uplo...1_1217.jpg]

The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Perhaps be even more "Beware" of those who seek to sort the net, though they lack unction to do so.

I fully intended to avoid this abominable thread. It, like Satan's discussion with Eve, is founded on a premise which is full of guile. None the less for my friend's sake, I will venture a post.

Wide has it right, homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God of which there is certain and inescapable judgment set aside for all those having taken part. A point of emphasis made in Scripture which is beyond doubt and of crystal clarity. The state of mind of the homosexual is one of reprobation, they are at that point irretrievably doomed to eternity without God.

We messengers are afforded as part and parcel to our charter on this earth two things. First, as Wide pointed out we know them by their fruits. Second we are to warn them of their error. As I have pointed out, any society finding itself embroiled in homosexuality, stands at the threshold of judgment. But, more particularly to the Christian, whose goal it is at the minimum to escape without these folk's blood on our hands, we must then warn them. Please explain to us how any Christian could make such a judgment, if he had not the power to make the discernment between what is sin and what is not? That unction thing, I really like that word BTW, is misapplied in your analysis. Because we are His workmen, we are under His orders, and we have therefore the spiritual discernment required.

There is nothing in Scripture which suggests that those at the net sorting are not worthy to so do. Matthew 13:45-48 (KJV)
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

I mean, James and John may not have had a Harvard education, but they knew the difference between sea bass and sea snakes, right? The difference is easy to see for all except those who are willfully ignorant. And it is just as easy to judge the fruits of the wicked as it is to see the difference between snakes and bass. I did see however, Proverbs 12:12 (KJV)
12 The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
Case closed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I fully intended to avoid this abominable thread. It, like Satan's discussion with Eve, is founded on a premise which is full of guile. None the less for my friend's sake, I will venture a post.

Wide has it right, homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God of which there is certain and inescapable judgment set aside for all those having taken part. A point of emphasis made in Scripture which is beyond doubt and of crystal clarity. The state of mind of the homosexual is one of reprobation, they are at that point irretrievably doomed to eternity without God.

We messengers are afforded as part and parcel to our charter on this earth two things. First, as Wide pointed out we know them by their fruits. Second we are to warn them of their error. As I have pointed out, any society finding itself embroiled in homosexuality, stands at the threshold of judgment. But, more particularly to the Christian, whose goal it is at the minimum to escape without these folk's blood on our hands, we must then warn them. Please explain to us how any Christian could make such a judgment, if he had not the power to make the discernment between what is sin and what is not? That unction thing, I really like that word BTW, is misapplied in your analysis. Because we are His workmen, we are under His orders, and we have therefore the spiritual discernment required.

There is nothing in Scripture which suggests that those at the net sorting are not worthy to so do. Matthew 13:45-48 (KJV)
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.

I mean, James and John may not have had a Harvard education, but they knew the difference between sea bass and sea snakes, right? The difference is easy to see for all except those who are willfully ignorant. And it is just as easy to judge the fruits of the wicked as it is to see the difference between snakes and bass. I did see however, Proverbs 12:12 (KJV)
12 The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
Case closed.

Disciples asked Christ about sorting the net. He replied angels would do it at the end of the age. Again, I was responding to a very specific meme directed at me. I keep trying to point out that a civil government allowing freedom of conscience is not sanctioning necessarily that which is chosen. If a homosexual is an "enemy," how should they be, then, treated? Justice for injustice? Love for hatred? Good for evil? "Love friends, hate enemies" is straightforward, easy to understand. "Do good unto" a finer distinction, but the one Christ made. Speaking of what a civil authority might do or heed is not the same as one's personal convictions. Closed cases exist in the eye of the beholder. I do not think "your friend" is qualified to sort the net. Nor are you.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Disciples asked Christ about sorting the net. He replied angels would do it at the end of the age. Again, I was responding to a very specific meme directed at me. I keep trying to point out that a civil government allowing freedom of conscience is not sanctioning necessarily that which is chosen. If a homosexual is an "enemy," how should they be, then, treated? Justice for injustice? Love for hatred? Good for evil? "Love friends, hate enemies" is straightforward, easy to understand. "Do good unto" a finer distinction, but the one Christ made. Speaking of what a civil authority might do or heed is not the same as one's personal convictions. Closed cases exist in the eye of the beholder. I do not think "your friend" is qualified to sort the net. Nor are you.

Oh I am very well aware that you are driven to make that particular point, and you're wrong. You like to quote Scripture that you think bolsters your creative view of the mind of God. However, you're going to have to cite the one you say contains the account of the disciples and Christ speaking of sorting the net. I quoted the only one I know of that mentions anything about that in Matt 13:48.

Still though, it's odd that you keep advocating for government to sanction sexual behavior for which He will judge them and any nation which embraces such depravity, either by law, (as in the case of the US) or by social acceptance. You are here to persuade people that it is okay for them to give homosexuals their blessing. Now, is the time to use the word unction. Christians simply do not have the anointing to give the okey doke for their abominable sexual bent. The reason? Categorizing wrong from right and the penalties or rewards associated therewith is God's purview. His Word whether you choose to accept It or not, is clear on the matter.

The US government does not have the authority to overrule God's Word in passing laws which countermand His Word. Nor do they have the authority to adjudicate moral issues which contradict His Word. End of story. The Constitution does not provide for such lunacy, of that I am certain. Now, that's not to say that we have not passed laws and made rulings to that unfortunate end anyway, because we have. Likewise, the courts could suddenly decide it's okay to murder people, (you already can expect to do more time for doing hurt to somebody's pet than you would for taking out the owner), but that would not make it right. And would show proof of the deteriorated state of our nation. But, that is just more proof that the hammer is about to fall on this nation, just like it did on Sodom.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]