Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spears out at Pikeville?
Much chatter about Spears being fired? Any truth to this?
. I am 99 per cent sure this is true.
Heard it was true today as well, but haven't seen anything official
Heard this rumor at regional tourney. Has anyone heard any names mentioned? I heard one name mentioned then and have heard same name from 3 Pikeville insiders since tourney. Will let someone else reveal it first and I will chime in later with agreement or disagreement. Let the rumors begin.
Mountain BB Fan Wrote:Heard this rumor at regional tourney. Has anyone heard any names mentioned? I heard one name mentioned then and have heard same name from 3 Pikeville insiders since tourney. Will let someone else reveal it first and I will chime in later with agreement or disagreement. Let the rumors begin.

Come on that's no fun. :popcorn:
Motley Wrote:Come on that's no fun. :popcorn:

Thats true. I thought we would get a lot of chatter about this job, but nothing so far. Has anyone heard any names mentioned? I might as well reveal the name I have heard from the regional tournament to a couple of days ago. All I know is this name has been mentioned by a few Pikeville people I have talked to. I do not know if there is any official interest from either side, just a name in a conversation. Tim Rice from Sheldon Clark is the name that I have heard mentioned a few times. Not from anyone official, just people talking.
Ive heard Carla Booth
I've heard a lot of ridiculous names thrown out there, but don't be surprised if Booher digs into his SV former player pool in looking for a coach.
I heard Gary Brown(assistant coach at Dorton).
Bobby Bowling, assistant coach at Hazard (boys) is a candidate... Would be a good hire for Pikeville...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I have heard Jeff Honeycutt may be in the running.
Current chatter is as follows. Pikeville does not have any open teaching jobs. Most coaches need a teaching job along with coaching job to feed the family. Wonder if a new job will be created? If so, does this put athletics over academics?
Maybe the school doesn't create a new job at all and Booher takes upon his self to coach the girls
Any news on girl coach
Did Booer take the girls job
TheChief Wrote:Current chatter is as follows. Pikeville does not have any open teaching jobs. Most coaches need a teaching job along with coaching job to feed the family. Wonder if a new job will be created? If so, does this put athletics over academics?

Was told the KHSAA website lists open coaching jobs throughout the state and that both Pikeville boys and girls jobs mention possible teaching jobs available. Apparently the postings were made by the AD. Not sure where to look on the website to confirm. District and school administration saying no new teaching positions have been approved. Begs the question, who is calling the shots at Pikeville Independent?
Chief speak with fork-ed tongue. He know not where he sh$t last.
jetpilot Wrote:Chief speak with fork-ed tongue. He know not where he sh$t last.

Me have no forked tongue. But me does have GOOGLE. Think jetpilot stop smoking from AD's Peace Pipe. Confusedmoke:Confusedmoke:
Is there any news on who will be the new coach? Not good to drag this out!
Me sent smoke signals beyond reservation. Me received smoke signal return message from 16th region. AD targeting 16th region coach who needs PE teaching position. No PE positions available. Me wonder who leading Panther tribe?
Has anyone heard anything about this job? It has been pretty hush hush so far from Pikeville. Has anyone been contacted or interviewed? Are there any teaching jobs available?
UK#24 Wrote:Ive heard Carla Booth

Carla Booth has not applied nor discussed this position with anyone. She still has a year of student teaching and I believe she is headed to Knott Co for that.

Her to Pikeville = just a rumor.
TheChief Wrote:Me sent smoke signals beyond reservation. Me received smoke signal return message from 16th region. AD targeting 16th region coach who needs PE teaching position. No PE positions available. Me wonder who leading Panther tribe?

Does the 16th region coach happen to be in the 61st district??
Chief received new smoke signal. Three candidates interviewed so far that includes 61st district coach, 59th district coach, and junior high assistant coach. AD made those interviewing sign confidentiality agreement. Hope board approved use of confidentiality agreement.
TheChief Wrote:Chief received new smoke signal. Three candidates interviewed so far that includes 61st district coach, 59th district coach, and junior high assistant coach. AD made those interviewing sign confidentiality agreement. Hope board approved use of confidentiality agreement.

Know who 2 of the 3 are,but who was the assistant junior high coach? Throw us some smoke signals on this.
Does the 3 have any kids coming with them to help out?
Apparently a new coach has been hired. Said they will be introducing them on Monday. Who is it?
Motley Wrote:Apparently a new coach has been hired. Said they will be introducing them on Monday. Who is it?

It's already out, can never keep stuff like this quiet!
If its already out at least give us a clue coachinthestands. 61st. 59th ? Other? A source told me that Doe was seen around school on Wednesday.
Me have trouble reading smoke signals in rain. All signals point to Kristy Orem being introduced as coach on Monday. Where is upgrade promised by AD? :HitWall: