Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best girls middle school team
Mjolnir Wrote:Yeah,hold them back 2 years so you can have a good ball team. Then give them every academic award there is. Makes the other kids feel real good doesn't it. Costs the taxpayers a lot of money as well. These are some of the same people who started their kids at 3 years old,so they could have babysitting. The guidelines for Headstart just curve a little for them. Then on Sunday--put your other face on. I'm sure it's all worth it. I think there is some wrong in there somewhere.

If you don't want to hold your children back that's fine. But don't get on here and bad mouth people that do. And to bring church into it, I'm not sure where you was trying to go with that, but you got some serious issues about hold backs. I'm guessing one of yours has had to set the bench because of hold backs. I'm for holding them back for as long as you can.
insideinfo Wrote:If you don't want to hold your children back that's fine. But don't get on here and bad mouth people that do. And to bring church into it, I'm not sure where you was trying to go with that, but you got some serious issues about hold backs. I'm guessing one of yours has had to set the bench because of hold backs. I'm for holding them back for as long as you can.

Why though?
Has anyone saw the 4th grader that plays for Estill middle school? She has probably scored 300 points from 3rd grade and 4th grade year. The 6th grade team played Rockcastle this past year and and lost but she held her own. She is the best ball handler I have ever saw for her age.
insideinfo Wrote:If you don't want to hold your children back that's fine. But don't get on here and bad mouth people that do. And to bring church into it, I'm not sure where you was trying to go with that, but you got some serious issues about hold backs. I'm guessing one of yours has had to set the bench because of hold backs. I'm for holding them back for as long as you can.
I agree with you because valley is probably the best middle school team in the state. They have a few driving to school .
Jealousy is a crazy thing. Easy to figure out who you are also,lol.
new o Wrote:Jealousy is a crazy thing. Easy to figure out who you are also,lol.

Lol I really doubt you know me but I know who you are. You are the guy who knows everything
I am the guy who don't care who knows me,lol. And yes it's kind of obvious who you are. Let me know if you want me to post your name. More than account don't hide who you are,lol
First of all you can post all the names you want to but you have never laid eyes on me, you don't have a clue about me lol.why would anyone be jealous of you, that's crazy lol
new o Wrote:I am the guy who don't care who knows me,lol. And yes it's kind of obvious who you are. Let me know if you want me to post your name. More than account don't hide who you are,lol

Bold troll move. Claiming everyone on here is jealous of you. Let's see if it pays off.
Motley Wrote:Bold troll move. Claiming everyone on here is jealous of you. Let's see if it pays off.

Also claiming he knows who people are
Who is best team
:happytear:wear
Just saying the clay middle has best girls middle school team. Who else is good
Heard Valley having hard time finding games.
clay1 Wrote:Just saying the clay middle has best girls middle school team. Who else is good
How did they do against Mercer this year?
Motley Wrote:Come on you know that isn't true. They will be high school age next season when they move up to the 8th grade.

The Stupidity of some is amazing.

high school age rule

Can't be 19 before Aug 1 of Senior Year. That's the only real rule. But If a player wants to play every year in High School, then they can't be 18 before Aug 1 of Jr year, 17 before Aug 1 of So year, and 16 before Aug 1 of Fr year.

To any learning disabled person who can't understand that, maybe you should have been held back.

Criticizing another player for being of legal playing age but older then someone else on the floor, is akin to criticizing a player for working harder in the weight room and getting stronger. Everyone has the same opportunity under the rules. Whether a player does - is up to them (or I guess in holdback situations - their parent.)
I have watched a lot of basketball in my time just as everyone else on here. The Rowe girl from SV is special. She will make a name for Eastern KY. While other schools place their assistant football coaches or families as a girls basketball coach SV has people who know the game and care. Not a SV fan but I am a fan of watching kids in this area succeed. Stop hating on something every successful football program in this area has thrived on, hold backs, and cheer for the game growing in our area. The more SV brings attention the more the other girls in this area will strive to beat them. Makes for a better experience for every kid involved. We won't see another kid in this area like her for a long time. Bringing a lot of eyes to our area.
I've watched the Rowe girl play on several occasions and this kid will play high major college basketball. Great work ethic also. Seems she's in the gym all the time.
ProudPanther Wrote:The Stupidity of some is amazing.

high school age rule

Can't be 19 before Aug 1 of Senior Year. That's the only real rule. But If a player wants to play every year in High School, then they can't be 18 before Aug 1 of Jr year, 17 before Aug 1 of So year, and 16 before Aug 1 of Fr year.

To any learning disabled person who can't understand that, maybe you should have been held back.

Criticizing another player for being of legal playing age but older then someone else on the floor, is akin to criticizing a player for working harder in the weight room and getting stronger. Everyone has the same opportunity under the rules. Whether a player does - is up to them (or I guess in holdback situations - their parent.)

Stupidity? Was I wrong in what I said? You quoted me as saying "They will be high school age next season when they move up to 8th grade". The fact that you admitted it was legal is one thing, but technically I wasn't wrong in saying that. They should be in 9th grade meaning high school age.
Motley Wrote:Stupidity? Was I wrong in what I said? You quoted me as saying "They will be high school age next season when they move up to 8th grade". The fact that you admitted it was legal is one thing, but technically I wasn't wrong in saying that. They should be in 9th grade meaning high school age.

Again I will say you should have been held back. Maybe you would have developed the ability to understand what you say.

There is an age rule. If you translate that down to 8th grade, as long as you aren't 15 before August 1st in 8th grade - you can play every year you have remaining in school. If you want to look at this from a strictly sports standpoint, then High School age would be 15 before August 1 in 8th grade.

The fact that it's within the rules does in fact make you technically and in all other aspects wrong.

Let others parent their children and make decisions based on what they think is best. You do the same. If you don't like the competitive advantage that being older gives a player, then i would suggest that you or your school work within the rules to correct that - or lobby the KHSAA to change the rule.
ProudPanther Wrote:Again I will say you should have been held back. Maybe you would have developed the ability to understand what you say.

There is an age rule. If you translate that down to 8th grade, as long as you aren't 15 before August 1st in 8th grade - you can play every year you have remaining in school. If you want to look at this from a strictly sports standpoint, then High School age would be 15 before August 1 in 8th grade.

The fact that it's within the rules does in fact make you technically and in all other aspects wrong.

Let others parent their children and make decisions based on what they think is best. You do the same. If you don't like the competitive advantage that being older gives a player, then i would suggest that you or your school work within the rules to correct that - or lobby the KHSAA to change the rule.

Your righteousness is so self serving. Guess it's all a matter of perspective. You're the one complaining about transfers in other threads saying....

ProudPanther Wrote:Like I said, just because others do it, doesn't mean it's the thing to do.

But feel free to lobby the KHSAA regarding legality of transfers and the system currently in place. I'm free to my opinion, just as you are. To resort to name calling immediately shows your lack of civility.

I've said my piece (as I'm entitled to). Feel free to continue talking about how holding kids back is such a great accomplishment to be admired. But like you said, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.
Motley Wrote:Your righteousness is so self serving. Guess it's all a matter of perspective. You're the one complaining about transfers in other threads saying....

But feel free to lobby the KHSAA regarding legality of transfers and the system currently in place. I'm free to my opinion, just as you are. To resort to name calling immediately shows your lack of civility.

I've said my piece (as I'm entitled to). Feel free to continue talking about how holding kids back is such a great accomplishment to be admired. But like you said, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

I never said holding back was the right thing to do. That's a decision that would likely be different in every circumstance. It's a decision for parents to make about their own child. I have a problem with those that whine, cry, and criticize when others make what they feel is a decision in the best interest of their children. And then make it seem like there is something wrong with it.

And the quote to which you are referring i made, wasn't about "transfers".
Mountain View (From Leslie County) is loaded with 7th graders. They beat Clay in a Tennessee tournament by 20+
MountainBaller Wrote:Mountain View (From Leslie County) is loaded with 7th graders. They beat Clay in a Tennessee tournament by 20+

Mountain View is ok. RW Combs beat them by 20 or better. And they are all 7th graders but one or two. We played them. Definitely one of best teams in state, in my opinion, with probably 2 of the best players in state.