Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Third party race folks
I will almost bet anybody if Trump wins....Somebody from the Republican Party run as a conservative....Looking good folks for the democrats. Confusednicker: Who you got As your third party candidate. :Clap::Clap::Clap:
64SUR Wrote:I will almost bet anybody if Trump wins....Somebody from the Republican Party run as a conservative....Looking good folks for the democrats. Confusednicker: Who you got As your third party candidate. :Clap::Clap::Clap:
You should be more concerned about the Democrats' choice of candidates. A communist and a criminal are pretty slim pickings. The best thing Democrats could do is substitute a decent human being for Hillary and forget the primaries ever happened. If Trump, Sanders, or Clinton become president, we will all be losers.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:You should be more concerned about the Democrats' choice of candidates. A communist and a criminal are pretty slim pickings. The best thing Democrats could do is substitute a decent human being for Hillary and forget the primaries ever happened. If Trump, Sanders, or Clinton become president, we will all be losers.

Obviously you are not voting Democrat Hoot Nation Gibson? The Question who you got. :partyhard:
64SUR Wrote:Obviously you are not voting Democrat Hoot Nation Gibson? The Question who you got. :partyhard:
I will probably be voting for Cruz. If he wins the nomination, then I will definitely be voting for him.
Your third party candidate is Mitt Romney.. Confusednicker: I think :HitWall:
I have not giving up yet on the Repo running a third candidate. And then if neither Democrats and Republicans does not get enough electoral votes in November. Guessed who gets to pick who the next president of the United States. The House of Representatives control by REPO :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:
64SUR Wrote:I have not giving up yet on the Repo running a third candidate. And then if neither Democrats and Republicans does not get enough electoral votes in November. Guessed who gets to pick who the next president of the United States. The House of Representatives control by REPO :igiveup: :igiveup: :igiveup:

You thought about running Sur? I'd look into voting for you haha!

In all seriousness, it looks like there is going to be a third party form with someone like Tom Cotton or Mitt Romney running. I think Romney ruled it out, but I'm still also reading that he could possibly run again. Primarily to steal votes from Trump.
I think that it is too late for a new conservative third party candidate to mount much of a campaign. The Libertarian Party is the only third party that has a shot at making a major impact on this fall's election. I watched several hours of the LP's convention, hoping that somebody other than William Weld would win the VP nomination, but he squeaked out a very tight win.

Weld, combined with Gary Johnson's remarks on the coal industry means that I won't be voting for the ticket. I was hoping that the LP would do better than nominating two liberal former GOP governors. If they run a good campaign, they may draw support of enough Bernie supporters to make a difference for Trump. Trump supporters should worry if Trump attracts the support of many Bernie followers.

The duopoly parties have quite a racket going when it comes to third parties and access to ballots and debates. Third party candidates must poll an average of 15 percent but the national polls do not include them in the polls. The only exception was Ross Perot. State governments are dominated by Republicans and Democrats, and both parties work hard to make it difficult for other parties to get in on the action.
Just wondering has anyone ever dropped out as the nominee???? And could someone replace them before November????? And I'm not talking about Hillary :pondering: hint,hint Confusednicker:
With some of the nut jobs considering voting for Johnson figure out he's mentally not all there and his numbers drop, they will move to Trump instead of Hillary and Trumps numbers will be at or above Hillarys for much of the next month or two. After Trump degrades every bone in Hillarys body and whats left of Bills, he will find himself with a 5 or 6 point cushion heading into November.
^I wonder what nut jobs who are considering voting for Trump will do when they figure out that he is not all there and his numbers drop? Instead of hammering Hillary day after day, Trump is hammering Hispanics and whining about his treatment by a "Mexican" judge in a private lawsuit. Instead of hammering Hillary everyday and broadening his appeal to voters, Trump is struggling not to lose the Republican endorsements that he has already received.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:^I wonder what nut jobs who are considering voting for Trump will do when they figure out that he is not all there and his numbers drop? Instead of hammering Hillary day after day, Trump is hammering Hispanics and whining about his treatment by a "Mexican" judge in a private lawsuit. Instead of hammering Hillary everyday and broadening his appeal to voters, Trump is struggling not to lose the Republican endorsements that he has already received.

You cannot substantiate the first word of this^^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You cannot substantiate the first word of this^^
An Illinois Senator, a RINO to be sure, has already rescinded his endorsement. Newt Gingrich, supposedly the front runner for the VP slot on Trump's ticket, and Speaker Paul Ryan have both strongly rebuked Trump for repeatedly calling the American judge presiding over the Trump University lawsuit a "Mexican." There have been many Republicans who have publicly criticized description of the "Mexican" judge. How do you think that description made other native born Americans of Hispanic heritage feel - even those who self identify as Republicans?

I am not sure how the Trump News Network is covering the race, but CNN and the mainstream media is more focused on the self-inflicted Trump controversies than they are with Hillary Clinton's legal problems and her trouble putting away Bernie Sanders. Hillary has to be ecstatic with Trump's decision to continue making such stupid statements to grab media attention.

Trump should have been pulling out to a lead while Hillary was occupied with Bernie. The rumor is that the Trump campaign is nearly broke and that he will not be able to run many ads until after the GOP Convention. If that is the case, then the election is Hillary's to lose. Trump is not going to receive the $2 billion in mostly positive earned media coverage in the general campaign, as he did during the primaries. No Republican receives fair coverage when they run against a liberal Democrat.

Now, feel free to attempt to refute those points, if you feel you must defend Trump at all costs.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:An Illinois Senator, a RINO to be sure, has already rescinded his endorsement. Newt Gingrich, supposedly the front runner for the VP slot on Trump's ticket, and Speaker Paul Ryan have both strongly rebuked Trump for repeatedly calling the American judge presiding over the Trump University lawsuit a "Mexican." There have been many Republicans who have publicly criticized description of the "Mexican" judge. How do you think that description made other native born Americans of Hispanic heritage feel - even those who self identify as Republicans?

I am not sure how the Trump News Network is covering the race, but CNN and the mainstream media is more focused on the self-inflicted Trump controversies than they are with Hillary Clinton's legal problems and her trouble putting away Bernie Sanders. Hillary has to be ecstatic with Trump's decision to continue making such stupid statements to grab media attention.

Trump should have been pulling out to a lead while Hillary was occupied with Bernie. The rumor is that the Trump campaign is nearly broke and that he will not be able to run many ads until after the GOP Convention. If that is the case, then the election is Hillary's to lose. Trump is not going to receive the $2 billion in mostly positive earned media coverage in the general campaign, as he did during the primaries. No Republican receives fair coverage when they run against a liberal Democrat.

Now, feel free to attempt to refute those points, if you feel you must defend Trump at all costs.

Just a few minutes ago listened to Bill Flores ® TX, on O'Reilly's show. He went on and on rationalizing about how Trump needs to be more politically correct and accusing him of being racially discriminatory towards the now famed judge of the Trump University case.

O'Reilly tried to point out to him that Trump was upset with the judge for some of his decisions, not because he is of Mexican decent. After several attempts, Flores had to admit that it is extremely unlikely that Trump is a racist. And that is the whole point about all of this, the under 40 crowd along with the liberal media, the establishment of both parties, and you, are so entrenched in politically correct ruts, they cannot see over the sides any longer. Social Justice tunnel vision has them either looking back to civil rights heroes of the past, or forward to the utopian brotherhood of man ala the vision of Barack Obama.

If Newt still had a ghost of a chance at the VP slot he'd never opened his mouth IMO. Paul Ryan is equally sidetracked in courting the Trump foes in order to keep his own political fortunes alive, they'll both be voting for Trump in any case. And just as surely in any case, you can't bring yourself to admit there is any redeeming positive where Donald Trump is concerned. You'd as soon see Hillary in the White House or you wouldn't have posted negatively about him lo these hundreds of times. The very fact that this story has gotten many times as much attention as the IG report is staggering.

Bill closed shaking his head and reminding Flores such attitudes were helping only one candidate, Hillary Clinton.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Just a few minutes ago listened to Bill Flores ® TX, on O'Reilly's show. He went on and on rationalizing about how Trump needs to be more politically correct and accusing him of being racially discriminatory towards the now famed judge of the Trump University case.

O'Reilly tried to point out to him that Trump was upset with the judge for some of his decisions, not because he is of Mexican decent. After several attempts, Flores had to admit that it is extremely unlikely that Trump is a racist. And that is the whole point about all of this, the under 40 crowd along with the liberal media, the establishment of both parties, and you, are so entrenched in politically correct ruts, they cannot see over the sides any longer. Social Justice tunnel vision has them either looking back to civil rights heroes of the past, or forward to the utopian brotherhood of man ala the vision of Barack Obama.

If Newt still had a ghost of a chance at the VP slot he'd never opened his mouth IMO. Paul Ryan is equally sidetracked in courting the Trump foes in order to keep his own political fortunes alive, they'll both be voting for Trump in any case. And just as surely in any case, you can't bring yourself to admit there is any redeeming positive where Donald Trump is concerned. You'd as soon see Hillary in the White House or you wouldn't have posted negatively about him lo these hundreds of times. The very fact that this story has gotten many times as much attention as the IG report is staggering.

Bill closed shaking his head and reminding Flores such attitudes were helping only one candidate, Hillary Clinton.
Trump's problems have nothing to do with a lack of political correctness. Being rude, dishonest, and insulting is not the same as being politically incorrect. Trump is insulting the very people whose support he needs. Going after the judge presiding over a private lawsuit in such a public way just underscores the fear that many of us have that Trump would use the presidency to settle personal scores, of which there are many.

Today, Trump said that he does not need to raise a $1 billion to be competitive with Hillary. He said that he will get enough free media to make up the difference. As I have repeated many times, as have others with real political experience, Trump will not receive the friendly treatment by the mainstream media between now and the election that he relied upon during the primary campaigns. If Hillary outspends Trump by a wide margin and manages to avoid an indictment, it will be very difficult for Trump to compete.

Even if Trump's game plan of saying outrageous things to generate free publicity works for him, every Republican House and Senate candidate running this fall will be asked to rebuke or support Trump's statements. Some Republican candidates will decide to separate themselves from Trump out of desperation to hold onto their offices.

Obama's approval rating has soared to over 50 percent and IMO, his increased popularity is partly the result of Trump attracting so much negative attention. The economy is a total mess, Russia and China are kicking sand in the face of our military, and instead of tying Hillary to Obama and relentlessly attacking them, Trump is whining about his personal problems and playing defense after making comments that many people (many of them Republicans) find offensive. These distractions are wasting valuable time that Trump could be using to drive down the poll numbers of both Hillary and Obama.

Trump needs to hire a good campaign strategist and then follow his advice. Dick Morris would be my choice if I were Trump. He hates Hillary and he knows her weaknesses as well as anybody. Morris saved Bill Clinton's presidency, IMO, by keeping his approval numbers high during his impeachment.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump's problems have nothing to do with a lack of political correctness. Being rude, dishonest, and insulting is not the same as being politically incorrect. Trump is insulting the very people whose support he needs. Going after the judge presiding over a private lawsuit in such a public way just underscores the fear that many of us have that Trump would use the presidency to settle personal scores, of which there are many.

Today, Trump said that he does not need to raise a $1 billion to be competitive with Hillary. He said that he will get enough free media to make up the difference. As I have repeated many times, as have others with real political experience, Trump will not receive the friendly treatment by the mainstream media between now and the election that he relied upon during the primary campaigns. If Hillary outspends Trump by a wide margin and manages to avoid an indictment, it will be very difficult for Trump to compete.

Even if Trump's game plan of saying outrageous things to generate free publicity works for him, every Republican House and Senate candidate running this fall will be asked to rebuke or support Trump's statements. Some Republican candidates will decide to separate themselves from Trump out of desperation to hold onto their offices.

Obama's approval rating has soared to over 50 percent and IMO, his increased popularity is partly the result of Trump attracting so much negative attention. The economy is a total mess, Russia and China are kicking sand in the face of our military, and instead of tying Hillary to Obama and relentlessly attacking them, Trump is whining about his personal problems and playing defense after making comments that many people (many of them Republicans) find offensive. These distractions are wasting valuable time that Trump could be using to drive down the poll numbers of both Hillary and Obama.

Trump needs to hire a good campaign strategist and then follow his advice. Dick Morris would be my choice if I were Trump. He hates Hillary and he knows her weaknesses as well as anybody. Morris saved Bill Clinton's presidency, IMO, by keeping his approval numbers high during his impeachment.

I want to give credit where it is due. After your initial #NeverTrump barrage of talking points, from the bolded text onward, you started to make sense. And you're right, Trump has attracted negative attention, though the blame for it may be laid at the feet of the pack of rats that keep trying to torpedo his candidacy from within his own political tent. Morris would make a fine advisor and I hope he hires him. :rockon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:An Illinois Senator, a RINO to be sure, has already rescinded his endorsement. Newt Gingrich, supposedly the front runner for the VP slot on Trump's ticket, and Speaker Paul Ryan have both strongly rebuked Trump for repeatedly calling the American judge presiding over the Trump University lawsuit a "Mexican." There have been many Republicans who have publicly criticized description of the "Mexican" judge. How do you think that description made other native born Americans of Hispanic heritage feel - even those who self identify as Republicans?

Do you still not realize this is the reason he won the nomination lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Do you still not realize this is the reason he won the nomination lol.
Yes I do, and I also realize that what works in a primary election with favorable media coverage will not work in a general campaign with an adversarial media. The mainstream media and the Democratic Party wanted the GOP to nominate Trump. If have not notice MSNBC, NBC, the Washington Post and other major media outlets turning on Trump, then you just have not been paying attention.

When Trump makes stupid, racially charged statements between now and November, the media will give him plenty of coverage. What they will not do is allow him to revise and amend his comments with free media coverage, the way that they did during the primary campaigns. Only Fox News will continue to give Trump free, uncritical coverage. Fox is to Trump what MSNBC was to Obama in 2008 and 2012. Trump could not have won the GOP nomination without Fox News providing him with a microphone and an audience for the asking.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes I do, and I also realize that what works in a primary election with favorable media coverage will not work in a general campaign with an adversarial media. The mainstream media and the Democratic Party wanted the GOP to nominate Trump. If have not notice MSNBC, NBC, the Washington Post and other major media outlets turning on Trump, then you just have not been paying attention.

When Trump makes stupid, racially charged statements between now and November, the media will give him plenty of coverage. What they will not do is allow him to revise and amend his comments with free media coverage, the way that they did during the primary campaigns. Only Fox News will continue to give Trump free, uncritical coverage. Fox is to Trump what MSNBC was to Obama in 2008 and 2012. Trump could not have won the GOP nomination without Fox News providing him with a microphone and an audience for the asking.

And everybody who is up to their eyeballs with PC blather and sick of the payments that come with it, will vote Trump.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:And everybody who is up to their eyeballs with PC blather and sick of the payments that come with it, will vote Trump.
You mistake rudeness and inarticulate speech for a crusade against politically incorrect speech. Your idolizing Trump reminds me of when the left wing media promoted a barely literate pornographer named Larry Flynt as the ultimate champion of free speech. Flynt was just an evil huckster who was willing to do anything for a buck - not unlike Donald J. Trump.

In fact, when I search Google for "Larry Flynt," the first link returned is titled "Larry Flynt | Free Speech Activist." Nothing could be further from the truth in either case. Neither Trump nor Flynt will be remembered as honorable men who valiantly upheld noble American values.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Yes I do, and I also realize that what works in a primary election with favorable media coverage will not work in a general campaign with an adversarial media. The mainstream media and the Democratic Party wanted the GOP to nominate Trump. If have not notice MSNBC, NBC, the Washington Post and other major media outlets turning on Trump, then you just have not been paying attention.

WHEN were they ever on Trump's side?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

They loved Jeb, whos just like Hillary, and pushed him on forever, knowing if one or the other won it would be the same person taking office.

Your opinions are laughable. You cant make this stuff up.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:WHEN were they ever on Trump's side?!?!?!??!?!?!?!

They loved Jeb, whos just like Hillary, and pushed him on forever, knowing if one or the other won it would be the same person taking office.

Your opinions are laughable. You cant make this stuff up.
You can and you do make this stuff up. The mainstream media gave very positive coverage to Trump until the race came down to Trump and Hillary, just like they gave positive coverage to McCain until he won the GOP nomination. They know a loser when they see one.