Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is best in 14th
Who is the 14th's best coach? Is it KCC's Hammons?
#1ukfan Wrote:Who is the 14th's best coach? Is it KCC's Hammons?

That's a tough one. Hammonds had some good teams in the 90's. Bryan Dean would have to be a candidate. And Bobby Keith Dixon has had some great success at Perry Central.
shouldn't the 14th best coach be judged by winning the 14th title? lets talk about coaches that have WON the 14th. Bobby Keith, Mehan, Varney(also helped hazard win) and hammond. WINNERS!!!
baseball_dad Wrote:That's a tough one. Hammonds had some good teams in the 90's. Bryan Dean would have to be a candidate. And Bobby Keith Dixon has had some great success at Perry Central.

How can u put Bryan Dean up there.ya he has won some games, but he also folds under pressure.look at the 3 region title games in a row.he just plain sucks under pressure.he was only over matched 1 year in the championship game.the other 2 he should have won.he told the kids in summer ball of 2005 that he was going to get out while he could.the next season was going to be tough.well look what he knew.Powell won the Region.i can tell you this though, they wouldn't have won it with him there.I have played for him, and now for Varney, i would take Varney over him any day.Smart wise, Varney puts him away.Just wait.You will see.Dean will fold again this year.He has been back to Powell twice since leaving, both were losses.That's not a good start.
Very well put.
I think Coach Wood from Estill has to be a top coach...he's a coach with class, and has a very good reputation...has had a winning season every year except two in his 18 years of coaching in the 10th region....
Who do you all think is the top 10 or 15 players in the 14th region this upcoming season? Here is mine....

1. Couch - Perry Central
2. Sewell - Estill
3. Brewer- Powell
4. Roberts- Leslie
5. Freeman-Estill
6. Benningfield- Powell
7. Amis- Perry Central
8. Berryman- Estill
9. Perkins- Lee
10. Christopher- Estill
Jon Adams of LCC HAS TO BE MENTIONED as a Top 10 player at LCC!!
Coach Dean at LCC!
I like Coach Wood, but deidn't he get into a shouting match on the field with an opposing teams pitcher during the district? A great coach, but not to sure on class? And DEAN...... how? not a winner.
Top ten all around players.

1. John Couch-PCC
2. Cory Brewer-Powell
3. John Adams- LCC
4. Sewell- Estill
5. Roberts- Leslie
6. Devin Pelphrey- Powell
7. Perkins- Lee
8. Fogg- Leslie
9. Freeman-Estill
10. Berryman- Estill
1. Baker, Leslie Co.
2. Hoskins, Hazard
3. Couch, PCC
4. Brewer, Powell Co.
5. Napier, PCC
6. Adams, LCC
7. Sewell, Estill Co.
8. Hubbard, Leslie Co.
9. Meehan, Hazard
10. Freeman, Estill Co.

Napolis, PCC
Berryman, Estill Co.
Christopher, Estill Co.
Perkins, Lee Co.
Shuler, Lee Co.
Benningfield, Powell Co.
Kinser, Powell Co.
Spare, Hazard
Potter, KCC
R. Hall, KCC
Smith, KCC
Tucker, LCC
Sexton, LCC
Morgan, Leslie Co.
Roberts, Leslie Co.
Wells, Leslie Co.
Congleton, Owsley Co.
Sparks, Wolfe Co.
JustTrying Wrote:I like Coach Wood, but deidn't he get into a shouting match on the field with an opposing teams pitcher during the district? A great coach, but not to sure on class? And DEAN...... how? not a winner.

I think he did get into a little arguement, but it was the heat of the moment and because the player was acting out of line(in my opinion) I think the coach was just doing what he had to do to get the upper hand on the situation.maybe a little out of line normally, but maybe not here.it is a judgment call.as for Dean.....(lol) I think I have said enough. We wont go there.
coach wood didnt get into a heated argument...the opposing pitcher wanted coach wood to fix the mound to suit him...i think that may be a little out of line...
JustTrying Wrote:Top ten all around players.

1. John Couch-PCC
2. Cory Brewer-Powell
3. John Adams- LCC
4. Sewell- Estill
5. Roberts- Leslie
7. Perkins- Lee
8. Fogg- Leslie
9. Freeman-Estill
10. Berryman- Estill

how do you have john adams and cory brewer in front of sewell?
y would u not?
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:how do you have john adams and cory brewer in front of sewell?

Sewell is great and he and John Adams could switch, But Brewer could be the best in the region at the end...Pitching and hitting
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:coach wood didnt get into a heated argument...the opposing pitcher wanted coach wood to fix the mound to suit him...i think that may be a little out of line...

I believe if someone has a problem with a mound, then the host team is to fix it. I was at the game and yes he was arguing with the player. He said there wasn't anything wrong with the mound and didn't even atempt to fix the mound. He kept saying, "If you can find a better mound in the state, then I'll buy it." I think there is something wrong when a coach is arguing with a high school baseball player. And if I remember right, that pitcher stated that I'll beat you on this mound and he did.
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:how do you have john adams and cory brewer in front of sewell?
How can you not have them in front of Sewell. No offense. Brewer batting over 400(almost 420). Lead the team in batting obviously. Helped BEAT Estill in district play, and not to mention the 14th region championship. As for Adams, he's also a very well rounded athlete. Great hands. Very fast and a good shortstop. What has Sewell accomplished?
nice answer Godspeed
JustTrying Wrote:Top ten all around players.

1. John Couch-PCC
2. Cory Brewer-Powell
3. John Adams- LCC
4. Sewell- Estill
5. Roberts- Leslie
7. Perkins- Lee
8. Fogg- Leslie
9. Freeman-Estill
10. Berryman- Estill
Fogg? never heard of him.
TakeItToTheHouse Wrote:Fogg? never heard of him.

I meant Baker...I don't know what I was thinking? SORRY
when was this
First round of the district tourny. I was there.
I don't think baseball coaches in the mountains should be ranked by titles won because the 14th region is not good in baseball. This region is down year after year and it's hard to tell who coaches these teams to victories and who just fills out the lineup card.

I always thought Gene Combs did the best job with what he had because he played so many middle school kids. In terms of winning with mediocre players Bryan Dean did a great job at Powell County as did mean Gene at Lee County.

Hazard has been blessed with good athletes but very few "baseball players" who think the game. Chase Patrick studied, Clay Salyer did the same and outside of those two recently I can't find many kids (at Hazard) who want to be baseball players.
Leslie
Gavin Wells
Timmy Baker
Ryan Howard
Brian Hubbard
Shannon Roberts
1.Baker(leslie)
2.Napier(pcc)
3.Couch(pcc)
4.Benningfield(powell)
5.Freeman(estill)
6.Sewell(estill)
7.Berryman(estill)
8.Brewer(powell)
9.Roberts(leslie)
10.Pelprey(powell)
you-who Wrote:1.Baker(leslie)
2.Napier(pcc)
3.Couch(pcc)
4.Benningfield(powell)
5.Freeman(estill)
6.Sewell(estill)
7.Berryman(estill)
8.Brewer(powell)
9.Roberts(leslie)
10.Pelprey(powell)

Baker #1? Top 5,sure. Benningfield not even in top five players,can't hit at all. Brewer top 3 and pelph top 5....not a very good top 10 imo
Corey Brewer is my daddy, he is AwesomeTongueirateSho
Jon Adams!!!!!!!!!!