Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A WWE/UFC Crossover Pay-Per-View?
As Ted DiBiase would say "Money Money Money!!!!!"

Just think about the options here. Just imagine 3 or 4 mega UFC fights at WrestleMania 32. Take some of the garbage/diva matches off the card and substitute the UFC fights.

IMO, this would be great.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The divas matches were better (and have been better for some time) than most of your major matches at PPV.
If I am a legit business, there is no way in hell I would put my product with a scripted product. As soon as that happens, the legitimate entity becomes questioned for legitimacy. Forever, the fight game has had to defend themselves when a surprise happens - "It was fixed"! Un-uh, that will never happen. The final reason it will never happen is the fact that in Pro Wrestling, you book the event to the time allotted. You can guarantee that a WWE PPV will have it's finish between 10:50 and 10:55. Throw in a couple of legit matches and you have zero idea of what time it will take.

Nice dream, but not a reality.
Stardust Wrote:If I am a legit business, there is no way in hell I would put my product with a scripted product. As soon as that happens, the legitimate entity becomes questioned for legitimacy. Forever, the fight game has had to defend themselves when a surprise happens - "It was fixed"! Un-uh, that will never happen. The final reason it will never happen is the fact that in Pro Wrestling, you book the event to the time allotted. You can guarantee that a WWE PPV will have it's finish between 10:50 and 10:55. Throw in a couple of legit matches and you have zero idea of what time it will take.

Nice dream, but not a reality.

Dusty I was thinking the same thing brother. It maybe a fan's dream and it maybe for good buisness but two things; 1) UFC is real WWE is fake/entertainment. 2) how in the world would you hold both the octagon and a hell in the cell or cage?
With a little bit of planning, having the Octagon and Wrestling Ring together on the same floor would be possible. Taking down the Octagon fencing or the ring ropes would be easy.

If the three UFC fights are title fights & they go the distance, that is 25 minutes per match. So by the time introductions are done and the title presentation is over, we are looking at around 35 minutes per bout.

The three WWE matches could be between 18-22 minutes..... a three hour PPV timeslot would do just fine.

And as far as the Real vs. Entertainment issue.... I think that would be part of the draw.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed