Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backlash card
– WWE Championship
Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles

– Intercontinental Championship
The Miz vs. Cesaro

– Women’s Championship
Charlotte (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (w/ Bret Hart)

(#1 Contender’s Tournament Finals)
– Enzo and Big Cass vs. The Vaudevillains

– Tag Team Championship
The New Day vs. Tournament Winners

– Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose

– Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

– United States Championship
Kalisto vs. Ryback (Kickoff Show)

VKM will decide whether Shane or Stephanie will control RAW.

Looks like we are in for another snooze fest :zzz: :yawn:

From the looks of this card, the best part of the night could be a Mic battle between Enzo & Big Cass and the New Day.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
***PAYBACK card

I still think the same thing, Pulp lol
New Day isn't wrestling Sunday, unless I missed something.
I thought the title match would be at Extreme Rules.

BUT! I'm looking forward to this PPV.

Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles - AJ and Reigns are both goof workers and should put on a good match. I find that Reigns does better if they don't try to make him go 15-20 minutes. Plus, I see some kind of swerve involving the Bullet Club and Balor happening with this match. Maybe we finally see the Reigns heel-turn as well, but I think they may just keep using him as a tweener.

The Miz vs. Cesaro - I think Cesaro is a star in the making and Miz is a star-maker. Looking forward to this one, but I don't think Cesaro holds the title up afterward.

Charlotte (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (w/ Bret Hart) - The most physically gifted diva versus the best ring general in the division with two hall-of-famers at ringside. Should be somewhat entertaining.

Enzo and Cass vs. The Vaudevillains - Two up-and-coming tag teams going for the #1 contendership. I think the Vaudevillains go over with some help from the Dudleyz with the end-game being Enzo and Cass against New Day at Summer Slam.

Chris Jericho vs. Dean Ambrose - Ambrose will win this feud, and it will hopefully push him to something greater. Jericho has been a big player since Royal Rumble and has really been booked as a top guy. Ambrose needs this and I think Jericho is a good guy to put him over.

Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens - This will be the match of the night! They will probably have a ladder match at Extreme Rules. I would like to see this one last until Summer Slam, but I don't know that they let it play out that long.

Kalisto vs. Ryback - I don't care...
zaga_fan Wrote:***PAYBACK card

I still think the same thing, Pulp lol

See how much I'm interested....... :flush:
Looks like we've also got a Ziggler/Corbin matchup I forgot about.

Ziggler matches are usually pretty good, and I like Corbin as a heel.
However, I think Ziggler is capable of much more if they would just put the rocket on him.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwepayback/2016...ron-corbin
Rumor has it that Finn Balor could be making his main roster debut.

Another rumor going aorund is that Vince will announce that both Shane and The Authority will be running WWE together..
They've kinda backed themselves into a corner with the Shane situation.

If they wanted to put Shane as the face authority figure on TV, they should have done it without the stipulation in the Taker match.

Ratings are on the way down, and even though they've been doing things the right way every week, they aren't coming back up.

Hopefully they figure it out.
Until the WWE looses the TV-PG ratings and we get more wrestling than the 7-9 minute promos..... rating will not increase.

Shane is too good of a Face to be a heel with Tha authority.
Stephanie is too good of a heel.

Leave it to the wwe writers to screw this up.
They aren't going to turn Shane heel or turn Steph face.
That isn't going to happen.

The PG rating isn't going to change either. I don't think TV-14 content was responsible for the ratings when they were at their peak. Competition was the reason they pulled in the ratings they did. You got PPV quality stuff on a weekly basis because WWE's and WCW's livelihood depended on it. WCW won the ratings battle for almost two years and they never relied on the racy stuff.

If you put out quality content CONSISTENTLY, people are going to tune in.
I think a brand split is coming. Either Shane or Steph will run Raw and the other one will run Smackdown.

Speaking of Smackdown, it needs to be live and not taped
Kalisto retains the US title defeating Ryback on the preshow.

New Day kicks off Payback
We open up with a tag match with Enos and Big Cass against the Vaudvillians...#1 Tag Title match
tag title match gets stopped due to injury to Enzo.

Up next: Owens vs. Zayn

Ziggler defeated Corbin in the preshow match as well
#FightOwensFight defeats Zayn with Pump Up Powerbomb
Up next: Miz vs. Cesaro for IC Belt
comes out of no where and attacks Kevin Owens. IC match continues
Miz wins after a roll up and grabs the tights. Cesaro had him taping out but the ref got distracted thanks Zayn and Owens fighting. After the match, Cesaro attacks Miz. Owens attacks Cesaro and Zayn attacks Owens but Owens gives Zayn another Pump Up Powerbomb. Owens goes to give Miz one but Mayrse pulls him out and Owens grabs the belt and holds it up
Ambrose vs. Jericho is next
Ambrose defeats Jericho
Up next: Charlotte © vs. Natayla. Hitman is in Natayla corner and Slic Ric is in Charlotte's corner
I've got a perfect card thus far. For the women's match I went with Natalya. She's definitely the underdog.
Seriously? Charles Robinson screwes Natayla out of the title by calling for the bell as soon as Charlotte locks in the sharpshooter.
announcement time
Both Stephanie and Shane are running MNR
Shane and Stephanie are both running Raw.....
This will be terrible!!!!!!!!!!
WOW. Both Shane and Stephanie shook hands and were smiling and talking
Up next: Reigns © vs. Styles for WWE title
Reigns retains the title
Stephanie and Shane announce that Styles gets his rematch for the title at Extreme Rules in an Extreme Rules match
One of the better PPV's in awhile