Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Trump Pick for VP
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No im not kidding. And you know that was media lies as well.
The media lies aren't working anymore. People have finally done the smart thing and stopped listening. There are tons of articles out there on that woman to the left. Do your research. Don't be naïve enough to be your personal spiritual guide Rachel Mandow.
So is the Trump Oath like a secret handshake now? I only ask because Mr Trump freely admitted to administering the oath at multiple events. It seems crazy to deny something happened that was well documented on videos and confirmed by the man who administered the oath and appears in the videos.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You were never a target of mine but fell in line with the crazy Confusednicker:

Yeah, the "crazy" that you were all about this time last year. You know that neither Hoot, TRT, or I are crazy - of course, you're just saying that because you have failed to put together a solid argument. Your posts have contributed nothing toward meaningful discussion. In fact, I would say that you played a in further instigating the fights between Hoot and TRT.

Gut, all I ask is that you reason with me. I've given you plenty of reasons why I'm not supporting Donald Trump. You don't have to agree with what I'm saying at all, and if instead of taking cheap shots you would provide constructive reasoning you would have a much better shot of convincing me to support Donald Trump. I've disagreed with a lot of the content of what TRT has posted in our conversations related to Donald Trump. I'm sure he feels the same way when he reads what I post. But he has not deliberately dodged what I have been saying. There's that level of respect there. TRT is brilliant, as is Hoot and I hate to see them going at each other like this.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think you've got me confused with somebody else.
I haven't disliked Trump at all. Ive said from the beginning I would be fine with either a Trump or Cruz candidacy for the better of the country. Even you and your boy hoot didn't have bad things to say about Trump at first until he started spanking Teddy.

BTW, here's a post from October relating to Trump that's pretty consistent with what I'm saying now. I did have intentions of voting for him back then should he have won because I thought he would make things a lot more clear. When he backed down on the NC law to protect restroom privacy, that was the last straw.

Cruz and Trump did not start attacking each other until 2016, well over three months after this post.

Paragraph 1...talking about lack of specifics.
Paragraph 2...talking about Trump being a moderate, not standing up for religious liberty...
Paragraph 3...the good thing he has done, changing the tone on political correctness and taking a stand against it.
Paragraph 4 - about George W. Bush (N/A to discussion)
Paragraph 5 - I go into detail about the SCOTUS justice and my concern about Trump picking the right justice...
Last paragraph - using some of his attacks on women.

Once again Gut, you have been proven wrong. I did have bad things to say about Trump well before "he started spanking" Cruz. I could take the time to compile all the positive statements on Cruz that you have prior to Trump running, but we wouldn't want to do that would be? Confusednicker:

WideRight05 Wrote:I haven't seen a lot of Trump's speeches, but what I have seen is very similar to the way you described. I watched a video of him speaking at the Values Voter Summit and he just rambled on and on. He didn't really give specifics in his plans. Even though he leaves a good amount of detail on his website, I agree he will have to provide more when he's on the stage. Especially when it comes to comments he's making such as "we're going to build a wall and Mexico is going to pay for it."

Liberals dread Trump, many of them not realizing that he's actually one of the more or maybe the most moderate Republicans running. His tax plan is a progressive tax plan with lower brackets. From the very little I have been able to gather, his health care plan seems like Obamacare-lite. He has claimed that he would be the best representative that Christians have sent in a long time, but I'm yet to see him take any kind of stand on an issue with the exception of wanting to see Merry Christmas be said more often. Don't get me wrong, I would cast a vote for Trump if he won the primary. If Trump is in this thing as someone just looking to stop the establishment and pave the road for somebody like Ted Cruz, he is doing an excellent job.

In fact, I will give it to Donald Trump on one thing that he has done an excellent job of in that he has changed the dynamic of the Republican Party entirely. The first Republican debate was all about who could be the most politically correct. Several Republicans including Jeb Bush were trying to gather voters by being politically correct. Take Ben Carson, for example, who has recently taken a major stand against the media. A while back he made a couple comments toward LGBT groups that were considered "hateful." Instead of standing by them, he apologized both times it happened. I don't think he would apologize if this were to happen now. My feeling is that a lot of this is coming from Trump's anti-political correctness charge and how well it has been working.

Unless it's Jeb Bush that makes it out of the primary, I think whoever runs against Hillary will have a lot to work with be it Trump or anyone else. Bernie Sanders is the one I'm worried about - he is attracting a lot of attention and enthusiasm. I could be wrong but I gather that George W. Bush struggled running his businesses as well - although I know GWB hasn't gone bankrupt four times. Trump has claimed that he hasn't gone bankrupt. I'm not sure how that would be handled if he were to actually make it out of the primary and debate Hillary Clinton, but he would have a lot of mud to sling at her.

One of my biggest concerns for this election is the SCOTUS. We could lose as many as four judges. Ginsberg (82), Scalia (pushing 80), Kennedy (Just turned 79) and Breyer (77) could decide to hang it up and retire. Choosing the right judge is extremely difficult. Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush combined sent five new justices to the SCOTUS, but Scalia and Thomas have been the only two IMO that have been consistent conservatives. I would trust Cruz's judgment in sending the right person for that job, but would be a little hesitant with Trump's considering he hasn't taken a real strong stand on issues such as abortion or protecting religious liberty.

You mentioned the bankruptcies which was certainly a good point, and here below is a link to something that I also think will be used against Trump as his campaign advances. There are several videos like this online, but considering that liberals tried to use something Mitt Romney did 50 years ago against him I have no doubt that they will try to use clips like this. It will be interesting to watch all this unfold.

(If I didn't get the link posted right could a mod fix? Thank you!)

[YOUTUBE="Donald Trump vs. Rosie O'Donnell"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d32577Hom08[/YOUTUBE]
WideRight05 Wrote:Yeah, the "crazy" that you were all about this time last year. You know that neither Hoot, TRT, or I are crazy - of course, you're just saying that because you have failed to put together a solid argument. Your posts have contributed nothing toward meaningful discussion. In fact, I would say that you played a in further instigating the fights between Hoot and TRT.

Gut, all I ask is that you reason with me. I've given you plenty of reasons why I'm not supporting Donald Trump. You don't have to agree with what I'm saying at all, and if instead of taking cheap shots you would provide constructive reasoning you would have a much better shot of convincing me to support Donald Trump. I've disagreed with a lot of the content of what TRT has posted in our conversations related to Donald Trump. I'm sure he feels the same way when he reads what I post. But he has not deliberately dodged what I have been saying. There's that level of respect there. TRT is brilliant, as is Hoot and I hate to see them going at each other like this.

What is it exactly you want me to say?
I know TRT isn't crazy, he agrees with me. I don't really care what Hoot is babbling about and I don't even know what you are talking about.
Do you want me to set here and list all of Donalds policies? They can easily be found online. If you want to list the ones you agree with and don't, please go ahead. Ill debate you on what I disagree with, but im not going to spend hours on here satisfying you with a post. The reason being, its never going to change your mind. Its why I quit debating Hoot in any professional manner at all. He consistently hurls insults at TRT and will never change his mind. Its pointless and a waste of time.
Im voting for Trump in November now that he is the nominee. I don't care what he says, does, doesn't do, etc. Its doesn't matter. The other option is Hillary. Trump can flip on every subject hes ever talked about and it wouldn't matter now. He will have my vote as long as its him or Hillary in November. Why waste the time typing out paragraphs on why or why not? I just gave you the answer.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:What is it exactly you want me to say?
I know TRT isn't crazy, he agrees with me. I don't really care what Hoot is babbling about and I don't even know what you are talking about.
Do you want me to set here and list all of Donalds policies? They can easily be found online. If you want to list the ones you agree with and don't, please go ahead. Ill debate you on what I disagree with, but im not going to spend hours on here satisfying you with a post. The reason being, its never going to change your mind. Its why I quit debating Hoot in any professional manner at all. He consistently hurls insults at TRT and will never change his mind. Its pointless and a waste of time.
Im voting for Trump in November now that he is the nominee. I don't care what he says, does, doesn't do, etc. Its doesn't matter. The other option is Hillary. Trump can flip on every subject hes ever talked about and it wouldn't matter now. He will have my vote as long as its him or Hillary in November. Why waste the time typing out paragraphs on why or why not? I just gave you the answer.

I challenged you with various points to which you did not respond with something other than a cheap shot at Ted Cruz, and this was well before Donald Trump secured enough votes to be the nominee. You have been a paragon of exactly what I have been telling TRT about with how Donald Trump's supporters have been acting. If you still feel like voting for Donald Trump after we discuss these issues, that's your decision and as I told TRT, I won't take that personally. Heck, Hoot even mentioned that in the threads. But if you don't want to discuss these issues, what's the purpose of BGR?

Regarding Hoot and TRT, I'm laying out of that one. I never have involved myself in that and I have definitely made a pledge to stay out. You're leaning more toward TRT because he agrees with your particular stance. It would be like if I leaned toward Hoot because I agree with his. Realistically, I think when the tides calm down that both will look back see things that they regret from this - I don't hold either one innocent over the other by any means, and honestly I don't see how one could. In terms of voting for Donald Trump, I'm not sure what to say about Hoot, whether there's a chance of him voting for Donald Trump. That I'm not sure of. For me personally, there is a chance, which I have stated on here. I think TRT is working overtime to try to get me aboard. :biggrin:

To break down Donald Trump, it's not as easy as going to a Donald Trump's website or an analysis of YouTube videos, both of which I have done. Trump only lists a few issues on his website, there are seven total but broken down it's only about three - four that tie into teach other. I can get a fair gauge of most candidates and where they come from, even some of the candidates that don't have voting records be it Carly Fiorina or Ben Carson. Even though they haven't been around long, you can get a good idea of what Cruz, Rubio, Paul, Christie, etc. are going to do. Carly Fiorina had several videos relating to each issue where she gave a response to a particular question raised by the media. I cannot get the same level of comfort voting for Trump, and if he won't even take a stand on this massive overreach by the Department of Education that even some of our weaker Republican governors are standing on, then that there is a red flag.

You're talking about someone that was a Democrat a decade ago, that had center-right views on gun control just a few years ago and was also for a tax on the wealthy. Absolutely, there's always room with an eloquent argument provided that, you can have an impact on my views. Obviously it takes a long time, I think, to really formulate a view. There was a real sensitive issue recently where a Republican (a moderate one at that) in the Senate addressed an issue and even though he couldn't quite get me to agree, he put a dent in the argument that I had for my position by using somewhat a libertarian stance. It's possible to influence someone views. You can't just jump blindly into a candidate as many of Trump's supporters have done. It's dangerous, and oftentimes it leads to massive disappointment - see Obama's supporters.

I know you're frustrated with Hillary. I'm frustrated too. We have the exact same frustrations with (1) the Democratic party that has gone from the party of unions and middle class to the party of liberals and special interests, and (2) the Republican party that has sent people who have been afraid to stand up to the liberal agenda for many years. Someone like Donald Trump comes along and capitalizes on this frustration. I never said you had to agree with me. TRT hasn't agreed with me and things have been fine. There are things Hoot has disagreed with me on too I'm sure, which did happen in the early stages of when Trump announced his campaign.

Look at how DeMarcus Ware has opened up more recently. I can't say he has agreed with me and I don't expect him to, but I have listened and given him a fair shake. I can do the same with you.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:So is the Trump Oath like a secret handshake now? I only ask because Mr Trump freely admitted to administering the oath at multiple events. It seems crazy to deny something happened that was well documented on videos and confirmed by the man who administered the oath and appears in the videos.

I remember Cruz taking an oath or pledge to support the nominee. Oh my :Clap:
WideRight05 Wrote:I challenged you with various points to which you did not respond with something other than a cheap shot at Ted Cruz, and this was well before Donald Trump secured enough votes to be the nominee. You have been a paragon of exactly what I have been telling TRT about with how Donald Trump's supporters have been acting. If you still feel like voting for Donald Trump after we discuss these issues, that's your decision and as I told TRT, I won't take that personally. Heck, Hoot even mentioned that in the threads. But if you don't want to discuss these issues, what's the purpose of BGR?

Regarding Hoot and TRT, I'm laying out of that one. I never have involved myself in that and I have definitely made a pledge to stay out. You're leaning more toward TRT because he agrees with your particular stance. It would be like if I leaned toward Hoot because I agree with his. Realistically, I think when the tides calm down that both will look back see things that they regret from this - I don't hold either one innocent over the other by any means, and honestly I don't see how one could. In terms of voting for Donald Trump, I'm not sure what to say about Hoot, whether there's a chance of him voting for Donald Trump. That I'm not sure of. For me personally, there is a chance, which I have stated on here. I think TRT is working overtime to try to get me aboard. :biggrin:

To break down Donald Trump, it's not as easy as going to a Donald Trump's website or an analysis of YouTube videos, both of which I have done. Trump only lists a few issues on his website, there are seven total but broken down it's only about three - four that tie into teach other. I can get a fair gauge of most candidates and where they come from, even some of the candidates that don't have voting records be it Carly Fiorina or Ben Carson. Even though they haven't been around long, you can get a good idea of what Cruz, Rubio, Paul, Christie, etc. are going to do. Carly Fiorina had several videos relating to each issue where she gave a response to a particular question raised by the media. I cannot get the same level of comfort voting for Trump, and if he won't even take a stand on this massive overreach by the Department of Education that even some of our weaker Republican governors are standing on, then that there is a red flag.

You're talking about someone that was a Democrat a decade ago, that had center-right views on gun control just a few years ago and was also for a tax on the wealthy. Absolutely, there's always room with an eloquent argument provided that, you can have an impact on my views. Obviously it takes a long time, I think, to really formulate a view. There was a real sensitive issue recently where a Republican (a moderate one at that) in the Senate addressed an issue and even though he couldn't quite get me to agree, he put a dent in the argument that I had for my position by using somewhat a libertarian stance. It's possible to influence someone views. You can't just jump blindly into a candidate as many of Trump's supporters have done. It's dangerous, and oftentimes it leads to massive disappointment - see Obama's supporters.

I know you're frustrated with Hillary. I'm frustrated too. We have the exact same frustrations with (1) the Democratic party that has gone from the party of unions and middle class to the party of liberals and special interests, and (2) the Republican party that has sent people who have been afraid to stand up to the liberal agenda for many years. Someone like Donald Trump comes along and capitalizes on this frustration. I never said you had to agree with me. TRT hasn't agreed with me and things have been fine. There are things Hoot has disagreed with me on too I'm sure, which did happen in the early stages of when Trump announced his campaign.

Look at how DeMarcus Ware has opened up more recently. I can't say he has agreed with me and I don't expect him to, but I have listened and given him a fair shake. I can do the same with you.

1. Trump has had the nomination locked up for a long time. Its why Hoot started going after him. Its been obvious for a while and anyone who was still thinking Cruz had a shot was in denial. By trashing Trump and still supporting the sinking ship, you are no different than the lunatic Bernie supporters who (im glad theyre doing it) still holding Killary back from turning her attention to the general.

2. Nothing now will change my mind on voting for Trump. A no vote is a vote for Hillary. I refuse to let that witch win without a fight. The point of BGR is to post and have fun not get into a life or death discussion on politics, which I refuse to do.

3. There is no maybes for me on this. I side with TRT and DW on all issue pertaining to Trump over that of you and hoot. Just the way it is.

4. If it is as difficult to learn about Donalds policies as you say it is, then what exactly are you arguing against? Kind of an oxymoron there...

5. Which is exactly why we need someone with no political experience. This whole thing isn't about Donald Trump. That is what you don't understand. Its a rebellion of ALL politicians no matter what there stances are. At the end of the day they are all tax payer funded politicians. I wouldn't care if there isn't a single incumbent reelected ever.

6. It doesn't matter what your level of comfort is. The alternative is Hillary and you know what her stances are. I don't agree with Donald Trump on everything but I do not agree with Hillary on anything.

7. Again, that does not matter in this election. Your alternative is Hillary. If I wanted a preacher I would go to church. I want a businessman that wants to be strong on the economy and raise our military strength. He has vowed to do both. If he fails, oh well. You know Clinton is mentally incapable of doing anything.

8. The problem with looking at it like that is restricting the actual future of what is to inevitably come. Libertarians cant make up there mind on anything. Its a cowards way out of not choosing what you actually want. You are either a conservative with some differing views or you are a moderate which is nothing short of a democrat. The democrats have liberals and psychos. That is all that's left. The actual premise of libertarian ideas are not bad, but you cant lie on two separate sides of the aisle and expect to win anything. Im a lot more closer libertarian than I am a authoritarian but theres no set in stone definition of what those words mean when it comes to politics.

9. Im not frustrated. Im completely pissed off that we share the same soil as these losers. There is no good in the democratic party. None. There is not a single democratic politician left alive today that I would help or support in anyway. If anyone else would have said what Trump has, he would have had my vote. I wouldn't have to of ever heard of him before. Trump has proven (whether he believes it or not) that there are many more people like us to the right then there are the moderates like your Bush's and Clintons.

Either way, its time for November to start heating up. I cant wait to see the adds on Benghazi, the rapist Bill, and all the other fun stuff to come. To hell with the democrats and there party. They must be defeated in November and Donald Trump will have my vote in November. Don't expect me to spend this much time on it again. Ive spoke my peace. Time to move on to the general.

P.S. I in noway proof read this or care if their are grammatical and or spelling mistakes. Im not in college anymore and this is not an essay. Just a small disclaimer for the grammar Nazi who frequents my post Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I remember Cruz taking an oath or pledge to support the nominee. Oh my :Clap:
That's a typical response for you. You make a post and then change the subject when somebody proves you're proven wrong.

I believe that you predicted that Andrew Wiggins would be a flop in the NBA. Wiggins was the NBA player of the year. You know about as much about politics as you do about college basketball and that is not a compliment. :lmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That's a typical response for you. You make a post and then change the subject when somebody proves you're proven wrong.

I believe that you predicted that Andrew Wiggins would be a flop in the NBA. Wiggins was the NBA player of the year. You know about as much about politics as you do about college basketball and that is not a compliment. :lmao:

Ole Lyin Ted in the flesh. While languishing me for not making an argument, you completely skip out on making one for lyin Ted and his pledge :thatsfunn

And my remarks about Wiggins was that he would never be MJ like some were making him out to be. But please basketball and political God, keep going your gracious honor :biglmao:
This may be off topic ( Smile ), but I wish Joni Ernst had made the VP short list. I believe she could've helped Trump in the Midwest, possibly even in Ohio, but definitely in Iowa. She pretty much let him know at the beginning that she wasn't intimidated by him and that may have been to her detriment.

She definitely could've helped with his image with women and has a good amount of political experience.
Granny Bear Wrote:This may be off topic ( Smile ), but I wish Joni Ernst had made the VP short list. I believe she could've helped Trump in the Midwest, possibly even in Ohio, but definitely in Iowa. She pretty much let him know at the beginning that she wasn't intimidated by him and that may have been to her detriment.

She definitely could've helped with his image with women and has a good amount of political experience.

She certainly has a good military background! She would definitely be of help in Iowa. That's one state that the Republicans have not won since George W. Bush in 2004.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Trump has had the nomination locked up for a long time. Its why Hoot started going after him. Its been obvious for a while and anyone who was still thinking Cruz had a shot was in denial. By trashing Trump and still supporting the sinking ship, you are no different than the lunatic Bernie supporters who (im glad theyre doing it) still holding Killary back from turning her attention to the general.

2. Nothing now will change my mind on voting for Trump. A no vote is a vote for Hillary. I refuse to let that witch win without a fight. The point of BGR is to post and have fun not get into a life or death discussion on politics, which I refuse to do.

3. There is no maybes for me on this. I side with TRT and DW on all issue pertaining to Trump over that of you and hoot. Just the way it is.

4. If it is as difficult to learn about Donalds policies as you say it is, then what exactly are you arguing against? Kind of an oxymoron there...

5. Which is exactly why we need someone with no political experience. This whole thing isn't about Donald Trump. That is what you don't understand. Its a rebellion of ALL politicians no matter what there stances are. At the end of the day they are all tax payer funded politicians. I wouldn't care if there isn't a single incumbent reelected ever.

6. It doesn't matter what your level of comfort is. The alternative is Hillary and you know what her stances are. I don't agree with Donald Trump on everything but I do not agree with Hillary on anything.

7. Again, that does not matter in this election. Your alternative is Hillary. If I wanted a preacher I would go to church. I want a businessman that wants to be strong on the economy and raise our military strength. He has vowed to do both. If he fails, oh well. You know Clinton is mentally incapable of doing anything.

8. The problem with looking at it like that is restricting the actual future of what is to inevitably come. Libertarians cant make up there mind on anything. Its a cowards way out of not choosing what you actually want. You are either a conservative with some differing views or you are a moderate which is nothing short of a democrat. The democrats have liberals and psychos. That is all that's left. The actual premise of libertarian ideas are not bad, but you cant lie on two separate sides of the aisle and expect to win anything. Im a lot more closer libertarian than I am a authoritarian but theres no set in stone definition of what those words mean when it comes to politics.

9. Im not frustrated. Im completely pissed off that we share the same soil as these losers. There is no good in the democratic party. None. There is not a single democratic politician left alive today that I would help or support in anyway. If anyone else would have said what Trump has, he would have had my vote. I wouldn't have to of ever heard of him before. Trump has proven (whether he believes it or not) that there are many more people like us to the right then there are the moderates like your Bush's and Clintons.

Either way, its time for November to start heating up. I cant wait to see the adds on Benghazi, the rapist Bill, and all the other fun stuff to come. To hell with the democrats and there party. They must be defeated in November and Donald Trump will have my vote in November. Don't expect me to spend this much time on it again. Ive spoke my peace. Time to move on to the general.

P.S. I in noway proof read this or care if their are grammatical and or spelling mistakes. Im not in college anymore and this is not an essay. Just a small disclaimer for the grammar Nazi who frequents my post Confusednicker:

I fully plan on responding to this Gut. Thank you for the message, in all seriousness. Agree or disagree, and I think I felt both feelings while reading it at different times, it was enjoyable to read! :Thumbs:
TheRealThing Wrote:You know, I've been posting on this forum for something over 6 years now. I've seen various and sundry one post wonders make their entrance, attempt to sum everybody up and slam the door on their way out. You Sir, are in a league of your own, may the force be with you.
Well Thank you Sir! And let me say, it's good to see that you haven't abandoned the one thing that some on here have, that being common sense. Future President Trump has used the common sense approach in this election, and that is why he is the presumptive nominee for the Republican party. Republican's that scream they won't vote for Trump are in the same boat as the George Clooney's and Angelina Jolie's of the world. That lack of common sense and being out of touch is exactly why the Rep party has been such a failure in recent years.

Now, as for the topic at hand. Unlike the unpredictability of this entire election, I see Mr. Trump picking an insider as many predict. I actually like the idea of Jeff Sessions just for the fact that it pisses off Bill Kristol and his clan. I mean they did call Sen. Sessions a prostitute. LOL. Until proven otherwise, i will trust that Trump will make the right pick. I'm more interested in his SCOTUS list. Everyone have a pleasant day and try not to get your feathers ruffled, after all, we are all pawns in this game of life :biggrin:
luke skywalker Wrote:Well Thank you Sir! And let me say, it's good to see that you haven't abandoned the one thing that some on here have, that being common sense. Future President Trump has used the common sense approach in this election, and that is why he is the presumptive nominee for the Republican party. Republican's that scream they won't vote for Trump are in the same boat as the George Clooney's and Angelina Jolie's of the world. That lack of common sense and being out of touch is exactly why the Rep party has been such a failure in recent years.

Now, as for the topic at hand. Unlike the unpredictability of this entire election, I see Mr. Trump picking an insider as many predict. I actually like the idea of Jeff Sessions just for the fact that it pisses off Bill Kristol and his clan. I mean they did call Sen. Sessions a prostitute. LOL. Until proven otherwise, i will trust that Trump will make the right pick. I'm more interested in his SCOTUS list. Everyone have a pleasant day and try not to get your feathers ruffled, after all, we are all pawns in this game of life :biggrin:

You couldn't even get my viewpoint pinned right relating to Hoot Gibson and TRT. You're the typical person that Trump relies on - someone with a lack of knowledge that develops an emotional cult-like attachment to their master.

You could have quoted my response to you, but we couldn't do that because then you would have to defend what you said. :eyeroll:
WideRight05 Wrote:You couldn't even get my viewpoint pinned right relating to Hoot Gibson and TRT. You're the typical person that Trump relies on - someone with a lack of knowledge that develops an emotional cult-like attachment to their master.

You could have quoted my response to you, but we couldn't do that because then you would have to defend what you said. :eyeroll:
Oh I'm sorry, you actually thought i had even read your viewpoint. No I haven't but i can. Wow the arrogance of some of you on here.
"Now, as for the topic at hand. Unlike the unpredictability of this entire election, I see Mr. Trump picking an insider as many predict. I actually like the idea of Jeff Sessions just for the fact that it pisses off Bill Kristol and his clan. I mean they did call Sen. Sessions a prostitute. LOL. Until proven otherwise, i will trust that Trump will make the right pick. I'm more interested in his SCOTUS list. Everyone have a pleasant day and try not to get your feathers ruffled, after all, we are all pawns in this game of life "

I agree about SCOTUS list. I am anxious for that to transpire.

Sessions; however, sucks!
Granny Bear Wrote:"Now, as for the topic at hand. Unlike the unpredictability of this entire election, I see Mr. Trump picking an insider as many predict. I actually like the idea of Jeff Sessions just for the fact that it pisses off Bill Kristol and his clan. I mean they did call Sen. Sessions a prostitute. LOL. Until proven otherwise, i will trust that Trump will make the right pick. I'm more interested in his SCOTUS list. Everyone have a pleasant day and try not to get your feathers ruffled, after all, we are all pawns in this game of life "

I agree about SCOTUS list. I am anxious for that to transpire.

Sessions; however, sucks!

Well, they did call him a prostitute Confusednicker:
luke skywalker Wrote:Oh I'm sorry, you actually thought i had even read your viewpoint. No I haven't but i can. Wow the arrogance of some of you on here.

You obviously didn't read what I said in response. I don't go posting to meet your standards, but if you are going to get on here and call out RIUTG, DMW, Hoot, and I then you should be at least able to back up what you siad.

You call almost every user out and then you have the nerve to call it "arrogance' for standing up for myself? :biglmao:
WideRight05 Wrote:You obviously didn't read what I said in response. I don't go posting to meet your standards, but if you are going to get on here and call out RIUTG, DMW, Hoot, and I then you should be at least able to back up what you siad.

You call almost every user out and then you have the nerve to call it "arrogance' for standing up for myself? :biglmao:
Calm down Chester. I'll get around to answering you, little busy at the moment. Go fix Hoot a sandwich while you wait, i'll be back a little later.
luke skywalker Wrote:Calm down Chester. I'll get around to answering you, little busy at the moment. Go fix Hoot a sandwich while you wait, i'll be back a little later.

Pretty tough to answer when you know you can't provide a line of defense. At this point, though, I can't even take you seriously. :biglmao:
luke skywalker Wrote:Well Thank you Sir! And let me say, it's good to see that you haven't abandoned the one thing that some on here have, that being common sense. Future President Trump has used the common sense approach in this election, and that is why he is the presumptive nominee for the Republican party. Republican's that scream they won't vote for Trump are in the same boat as the George Clooney's and Angelina Jolie's of the world. That lack of common sense and being out of touch is exactly why the Rep party has been such a failure in recent years.

Very true and so fundamentally on point that it would likely for the most part, be overlooked by most people. After the Romney loss all the Dems took to the housetops to crow about the Republican Party's perceived demise. I wasn't quite ready to buy that, but Republican elites became immediate and true converts to the cause and have remained so even in the face of having retaken the House and the Senate. Common sense to me, would dictate we not make regulations and pass legislational carve outs favoring folks based on things like race, gender identification or sexual preference.

Conservative talk show hosts, prominent media and establishment bosses which represent the avant guarde have not a clue what they've been talking about this election cycle either. They all thought Marco Rubio would be the poster boy answer to the 'old rich white man' stigma, and they were as off base about that as they are the true meaning of conservatism. They act like all they'd settle for is an evangelical and the object of Eric Erickson and Rich Lowry's own hearts. The truth is that Jimmy Carter was THE first 'born again' Christian ever to occupy the Oval Office, and to my knowledge, he was the last. But that's not to say that Ike, Reagan and to some extent the two Bush's were not open about their faith. Still, it's anybody's guess where all this righteous indignation is supposed to be coming from, it certainly is not any kind of established norm according to the record. I've not heard it brought up by Republicans of the past as a must have, to become the nominee.

I'm all for it, obviously. And yet I am certain I heard Obama at least once, refer to his "Lord and Savior Jesus Christ." I mean, what did these guys have in mind to use to validate the standard?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ole Lyin Ted in the flesh. While languishing me for not making an argument, you completely skip out on making one for lyin Ted and his pledge :thatsfunn

And my remarks about Wiggins was that he would never be MJ like some were making him out to be. But please basketball and political God, keep going your gracious honor :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Final.
68 game non conference home winning streak snapped.

Wiggins sucks.

And if I said it a million times, add one more.

Kansas is the most overrated team in the country.

Ballers Wrote:Unc and Kansas will both make the tourney.
I don't think Kansas is overrated, but wiggins is.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:He's no better than the current D leaguer Shabazz!

People made fun of me when I said Cal quit going after Shabazz because hes awful, and it came true.

I think Wiggins will play in the NBA, but HE IS NOT going to be a superstar. Mark it down. Save this post. Take it to the bank. I am GLAD we didn't get this kid. Hes not even the best frosh on Kansas' roster!
Like I said, I don't know which area your ignorance runs deeper in, politics or college basketball. Your lack of knowledge in both arenas is very impressive. Joe Biden territory, I believe. It may even be on par with Donald Trump's, although I doubt Trump ever voiced such strong and wrong opinions of a future NBA Rookie of the Year. :hilarious:
luke skywalker Wrote:Calm down Chester. I'll get around to answering you, little busy at the moment. Go fix Hoot a sandwich while you wait, i'll be back a little later.
Is there something in that secret Trump oath that requires his followers to be as offensive as possible? It's not hard to support the leader of a personality cult. You don't have to memorize a bunch of positions or come across to others as intelligent. Blind loyalty is all that counts except getting your vote by any means necessary. Trump can always use another under educated follower and based on your posts in this thread, you easily qualify.
Granny Bear Wrote:This may be off topic ( Smile ), but I wish Joni Ernst had made the VP short list. I believe she could've helped Trump in the Midwest, possibly even in Ohio, but definitely in Iowa. She pretty much let him know at the beginning that she wasn't intimidated by him and that may have been to her detriment.

I agree, Granny. Joni Ernst would be an excellent choice for Trump's running mate. The only downside I see is that Hillary would have attacked her relative lack of experience in the government, but that does not seem to be an issue this year.
Maybe, but Joni could've have buried her on anything military.....including but not limited to Benghazi.

Besides, unlike Hillary, Joni really rocks the pant suit!
Granny Bear Wrote:Maybe, but Joni could've have buried her on anything military.....including but not limited to Benghazi.

Besides, unlike Hillary, Joni really rocks the pant suit!
I have met several generals on the job who would make great candidates for office. IMO, there is no substitute for military service and it is a shame that so few candidates have served in the military. I have never seen an Army General use a teleprompter and I have only seen one speak from notes.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have met several generals on the job who would make great candidates for office. IMO, there is no substitute for military service and it is a shame that so few candidates have served in the military. I have never seen an Army General use a teleprompter and I have only seen one speak from notes.

You sure got me! :lmao:

One post on how bad Wiggins sucked after a game (which was true) and he never will be a superstar. He still isn't.

I don't know whats better....your denial or that you spent the time to research something that nobody gives a hoot about :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have met several generals on the job who would make great candidates for office. IMO, there is no substitute for military service and it is a shame that so few candidates have served in the military. I have never seen an Army General use a teleprompter and I have only seen one speak from notes.

Ole lyin Ted :biglmao:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1. Trump has had the nomination locked up for a long time. Its why Hoot started going after him. Its been obvious for a while and anyone who was still thinking Cruz had a shot was in denial. By trashing Trump and still supporting the sinking ship, you are no different than the lunatic Bernie supporters who (im glad theyre doing it) still holding Killary back from turning her attention to the general.

Hi Gut,

I say this in all seriousness, I really enjoyed reading that despite disagreeing with a portion of it. :thumbsup:

As for editing something of that length, I can’t blame you for not doing so as you mentioned (I took that part out of the quote for spacing purposes).

1. Looking at it in hindsight Trump had the nomination locked up, but there were a lot of us that just didn’t take him as a serious candidate. Hoot didn’t like Trump from the very beginning for the reasons mentioned in his posts. I didn’t take Trump as a serious candidate until it came down to the final four and he was campaigning hard against Cruz and Rubio. Comparing Cruz supporters to Bernie’s, it’s not even close. You don’t see supporters for any Republican candidate going to Trump rallies and setting the horrible example that Hillary’s and Bernie’s are. Look at it this way. If Kentucky were down 10 in a basketball game with 2 minutes to go, wouldn’t you tell them to still try to come back and win? Chances are slim, but they could pull it out if a couple long shots happened. This race is for the President of the United States. Anybody that has a sense of drive that is running is going to jump in there full force and do everything they can to possibly gain that position. Cruz did just that. I know Trump certainly would have gone to any length possible to steal the nomination if the positions were reversed.

2. You have the right to a vote and the right to an opinion and the right to express that in both the private and public scales, of course, I don’t need to tell you. But a liberal might think different. I understand your hatred for Hillary (a hatred I share) and can agree that we should all just have fun at it because quite frankly, our society has gone too far down the toilet anyways. Every single one of us on this board posting, with regard to our actions – there’s not one of us that is innocent.

3. Ok. I’m not mad at you for it and haven’t been from the time we started going at. We agree to disagree.

4. I’m arguing against that he has afraid to take a stand on certain policies and reveal a consistent position. I am understanding of his tax code and bits and pieces of his immigration, economic, and health care plans. But as I mentioned last October, there’s just not enough clarity. Not to mention, he has not stood up on key issues I would expect him to. Take this issue with the Department of Education and bathrooms. Even some of our weaker Republican governors with a reputation for backing down under pressure have stood up against it. To add to this, I also think an election of someone like him could shift the Republican Party to be more of a moderate party, weeding out some of the conservatives. Most of the people that Trump has placed in his key positions (e.g. Chris Christie, and I’m expecting him to place Kasich high on the list) are not what I would call conservative.

5. I don’t mind not having someone with no political experience. Remember, you and I come from very similar viewpoints even though our views on Donald Trump differ. We’re both fed up with how a lot of the establishment has caved on key issues. Other than this, I don’t recall seeing a disagreement on a major issue. I do understand that people are just fed up in general with our system. They are fed up with politicians telling lies, they are fed up with them backing down – especially on the Republican side. The problem is, there really are a few good guys in the system this time and they’re taking the flack for being outnumbered substantially by opponents on both sides of the aisle. I would have liked to see Trump round up non-establishment figures such as Rubio, Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Rand Paul, Steve King, Jim Jordan, and Ben Sasse and really make a push to get them behind him to make some changes – even if he was running against some of them in the primary. These have been the good guys that have taken a stand against the establishment. I could definitely understand the eagerness to see a politician like John McCain go, but we’re making a big mistake when we’re trying to push out some of these guys that have really been fighting for change and been true to their (and our) belief system.

6. Even though I strongly disagreed in the primary of choosing Donald Trump over all but one of the other candidates, I can understand one wanting to vote for him just for the purposes of keeping Hillary out.

7. After seeing Barack Obama and what he has “accomplished” morally with our country, we need somebody with the strong, unwavering morals guiding our country. The family structure, for one thing, is falling completely apart. Never did I think that we would have trouble as a country determining the right bathroom or determining what gender we are, as if this issue with homosexual marriages and cohabiting wasn’t enough. We can only pray that people like Mike Huckabee will be able to impact Trump in that regard and steer him in the right direction. Our military, our economy, yes – absolutely important items on the agenda. But morally, we are going straight down the tubes and we can’t go any further. It’s an absolute must that we have to do something to straighten that out before it’s too late.

8. The politician I mentioned is no libertarian, but I just wanted to use that as an example of how he was persuasive. He just put together a good argument for that one instance. I think our perspectives on libertarians differ. Libertarians have a consistent ideology – whether it’s issues such as right to work, education, or marriage, their ultimate goal is to get government out of it. Most libertarians have a philosophy (which I overall disagree with) of “if it doesn’t impact me, I’m for it,” which exists heavily in my (and maybe yours, I don’t know your age haha) generation. Some politicians, especially ones like Rand Paul, Thomas Massie, or Justin Amash, have some similar features of a libertarian. But overall, they lean more conservative and have been consistent with their views. Most moderates are too wishy-washy. They might say, “well, we need this…but not too much of this…but we don’t want to go too far to this extreme..” and often they’ll take the position that offends the least amount of people regardless of whether or not they compromise their values. Take Rob Portman of Ohio. He stands a good chance of losing his seat to liberal Ted Strickland this coming election, in large part because of his moderate stances on issues. There’s a substantial difference between Portman and someone with a consistent libertarian streak like Thomas Massie, or a hard core conservative like James Inhofe. You know where the latter two are coming from and what they are going to do.

9. I don’t disagree entirely there. I have said this in prior posts, there are some good things Trump has done. E.g. the political correctness, or lack thereof rather, for example.

I’m sure Trump will have some ads ready to go. He's caught on to the short attention span of many in our society, keeping his ads extremely short. So it’ll be pretty entertaining to watch. Our society has already gone too far, I think, for us to make a comeback – and that is with or without Donald Trump.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ole lyin Ted :biglmao:
So the man who lied about what he said about Andrew Wiggins is now calling me a liar. Sad. Confusednicker: