Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ELK
Best have a horse handy to get one of them things out of the woods or at least be close to a 4x4
"Bassman" Wrote:Best have a horse handy to get one of them things out of the woods or at least be close to a 4x4
I have a Honda four wheeler 450. Would that be big enough to pull one out? I also have a big wood chopper and he would be a big help too.
And Welcome on here Bassman. Good to have you.
"Bassman" Wrote:Best have a horse handy to get one of them things out of the woods or at least be close to a 4x4
A horse better make it a clydes dale........
"Wyatt Earp" Wrote:I have a Honda four wheeler 450. Would that be big enough to pull one out? I also have a big wood chopper and he would be a big help too.

u look like a honda.........old man
that would get it out
never seen one
i saw a couple at the airport in pikeville at the poker run last year
i saw 2 very large bulls in my front yard thursday night
"football05" Wrote:They reproduce like rabbits lol...How long does it take an mamma elk to her her foal/baby?

An elks' pregnancy will last between 245-255 days and some as late as 270 days. Elk can breed at 18 months old and unlike deer rarely ever have more than one calf.

According to several Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife officials, the elk are reproducing at an unexpected rate. However, there will never be an open hunting season for elk but the plan is to eventually have a large enough population to give out 1,600 permits.
[quote author=Johnny Ringo link=topic=9053.msg118348#msg118348 date=1134485030]
"Pirate Pal" Wrote:I would love to take my kids to see them. Where would be the best place to see a lot of them.

Of course, my husband would love to hunt them...
My Mom works at Alice Lloyd College and she see's them everyday. A few minles before you get to the college there is an old coal tipple where National Mines used to be in operation they are out every evening she says. I went to a Christmas dinner at the college Sunday and got to see them, I'd say there was 25-30 grazing beside the road. That's probably a good place to go if you don't want to get out of your car. Just be careful and drive slow if you go there, they're huge and she says they stand in the middle of the road sometimes.
[/quote]

I was getting ready to say the same thing. I went upto Alice Lloyd the other day. Pippa Passes is full of ELK>