Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE going through with brand split
Just got the WWE alert that starting July 19 (Tuesday) that Smackdown will start going Live with a destinct roster.
I hope this works.

It definitely opens up more opportunities, but has the ability to water down the product.

A three hour Raw with half the roster may be rough. I'm sure some NXT guys get drafted, but that's still a lot of ground to make up.
I hope the 'champions' can go back and forth between shows to defend their 'titles'.....

NXT must have some talent that they are really trying to 'Push' out the door to the main roster.

And it's not we didn't see this coming a mile away with Shane and Stephanie being the on-screen authority.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Good news, breathes life into the product and will give opportunities for more exposure for talent in to the mid-lower cards.

I'm excited.
WWE is gonna have two Championship Titles, one for each show. Cena is expected to be the top guy for Smackdown and Reigns the top guy for Raw. Some in WWE want a hard split while others want a soft split and WWE is bringing back the draft, it's currently scheduled for 7/11
So they are gonna split up the 'WWE World Heavyweight' Championship in to two titles again.

The U.S. Title & IC title will be only on one show.

What about the Tag Team titles & Women's Championship?

Are we gonna have the two seperate Brand PPV's again........ That will be STUPID!!!!!
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Listened to Jim Ross today and he had a lot of good ideas on how this can work and how it will be a big hit IF done right.

He mentioned they should treat them as separate entities and have very little bleed-over.
Have Renee Young do interviews on Raw and Tom Phillips on Smackdown.
Put Byron Saxton on Raw or Smackdown, but not on both.

Ross said the main reason Smackdown has been considerably down in the ratings compared to Raw is the fact that it isn't a live televised event. He went on to say talent would be "on their toes" more if they knew it was live and it adds the "anything can happen" vibe from Raw to Smackdown.

Right now, the only reason someone would watch Smackdown would be to simply see the wrestling. If you're interested in seeing a storyline advance, you won't see that happen on Smackdown and with social media/dirt sheets available online, those who want to know what's going to happen find that out before SD hits the air.

Ross also mentioned they could add a "trade deadline" to boost ratings before the Wrestlemania buildup begins to keep interest in the product.
Apparantley the IC belt will be on one show and the US title will be on the other show...The WWE Women's championship will be a floater...WWE is still undecided on the tag titles, don't know if they wanna bring back a seperate tag title so both shows will have tag champs or if they wanna float the tag titles like the women's championship
If HHH can be the brainchild, this will work. If Vince imposes his impatience, then this will be back to the mess that we had 10 years ago.
I don't think HHH will be the brainchild of the entire split.
At best, HHH will be pulling the strings for Smackdown while Vince does Raw.
Here's a weird rumor going around, Vince wants Taker to wrestle at SS, Taker doesn't want too...