Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brock Lesnar returning to UFC 200
Lesnar is returning to UFC 200 and WWE has approved it.
Amazing really.
I read somewhere that Brock has a "1-off" in his contract that allows him to return for one fight without questions. He is still set to be at the August PPV.
LWC Wrote:I read somewhere that Brock has a "1-off" in his contract that allows him to return for one fight without questions. He is still set to be at the August PPV.

And his contract with WWE is fixing to come to an end
Strikeout King Wrote:And his contract with WWE is fixing to come to an end

VKM, Triple H, Stephanie and the WWE would be INSANE not resign Lesnar.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
He isn't going anywhere, I think he'll continue to do both MMA & Pro Wrestling.

Now, I think this is is really curious, cause this is a big favor to UFC...could the UFC actually loan possibly Ronda Rousey or maybe Conor McGregor for a match probably at Wrestlemania...we shall see.
Depending on if Rousey has the UFC title at WM33.... then I say yes.
Yes we will see Rhonda wrestle at WM33.

Rhonda Rousey vs. Charlotte could main event the WM33 card.
Rousey/Charlotte couldn't main event a house show lol

I'd prefer they loan us CM Punk
I don't think he goes anywhere either I mean, not only will he be getting paid for doing WWE he would also being paid for UFC, like he needs the extra doe.

I highly doubt CM Punk will ever be back in a WWE arena unless it is as a fan watching.
WWE released a statement on this saying that he's still under contract with WWE but that he's been given a "one-off" for UFC 200
When Lesnar signed his contract the first time it was a one year deal. When he resigned it was for three years.

There was no way this happened without WWE signing off on it.

Evidently UFC will now promote Summer Slam as well.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Depending on if Rousey has the UFC title at WM33.... then I say yes.
Yes we will see Rhonda wrestle at WM33.

Rhonda Rousey vs. Charlotte could main event the WM33 card.

zaga_fan Wrote:Rousey/Charlotte couldn't main event a house show lol

I'd prefer they loan us CM Punk

Depends on how big of a 'Push' the WWE wants to give Rousey vs. Charlotte.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Depends on how big of a 'Push' the WWE wants to give Rousey vs. Charlotte.

They can push an evening gown match with Hogan and Flair if they wanted to, but that doesn't mean it should headline Wrestlemania.

Rousey is not a wrestler... she's an attraction.

You don't headline with that. You put them in the middle of the card somewhere and you protect them. Rousey can't work a wrestling match and putting her one-on-one with your most talented worker only makes that more obvious and limits what the "wrestler" can do.
http://espn.go.com/mma/story/_/id/159953...nt-ufc-200

Brock Lesnar's return to UFC will come against Mark Hunt.

Lesnar announced his UFC 200 opponent during an appearance on SportsCenter on Monday morning. He said his decision to retire from mixed martial arts "has haunted me the last 15 months."

"I feel 1,000 percent," Lesnar told ESPN's Hannah Storm. "The only thing I second-guess is my decision is to step away from the Octagon."

Hunt (12-10-1) is on a two-fight win streak, including a victory over Frank Mir in March. The 42-year-old lost his only title fight against Fabricio Werdum at UFC 180 in November 2014.

UFC 200 will take place July 9 in Las Vegas.

UFC officials announced Lesnar's return Saturday night during UFC 199. WWE said Saturday that Lesnar was "granted a one-off opportunity" to return to UFC and that he would return for WWE's SummerSlam on Aug. 21.

Lesnar, who turns 39 next month, is a former NCAA Division I wrestling champion. He made a successful transition from professional wrestling to mixed martial arts in 2007, and UFC signed Lesnar despite a 1-0 professional record. He debuted against former champion Mir and lost via submission.

Lesnar went on to win his next four bouts, including a November 2008 UFC title fight against Randy Couture. Lesnar avenged the Mir loss at a landmark UFC 100 event on July 11, 2009, in Las Vegas. After that bout, Lesnar was sidelined for a year because of diverticulitis, an intestinal disorder.

He went on to compete two more times, suffering knockout losses to Cain Velasquez and Alistair Overeem, the latter in December 2011 at UFC 141. Lesnar trained for a comeback last year and was in negotiations with UFC on a new deal but ultimately decided to re-sign with WWE.
zaga_fan Wrote:They can push an evening gown match with Hogan and Flair if they wanted to, but that doesn't mean it should headline Wrestlemania.

Rousey is not a wrestler... she's an attraction.

You don't headline with that. You put them in the middle of the card somewhere and you protect them. Rousey can't work a wrestling match and putting her one-on-one with your most talented worker only makes that more obvious and limits what the "wrestler" can do.

A UFC Championship Belt on a WWE PPV would be awesome.

What would be a better way for the WWE 'Push' the Women's Division by having the biggest Women's match in history to headline the biggest event of the year.
Will Las Vegas turn in to 'Suplex City' off Exit F5?
Brock smash!
You heard it from me first.
http://www.mmanews.com/following-lesnar-...stlemania/

When Pulp Fiction says it.... chisel it in stone!!!!!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:http://www.mmanews.com/following-lesnar-...stlemania/

When Pulp Fiction says it.... chisel it in stone!!!!!

We've heard Rousey at Mania plenty of times, but Pulp you said it could be the Main Event!!!!!!!!
zaga_fan Wrote:We've heard Rousey at Mania plenty of times, but Pulp you said it could be the Main Event!!!!!!!!

#WiggleRoom
Lesnar will use his WWE entrance music at UFC 200.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:A UFC Championship Belt on a WWE PPV would be awesome.

What would be a better way for the WWE 'Push' the Women's Division by having the biggest Women's match in history to headline the biggest event of the year.
It would destroy the women's division. At best it would be a decent match. The crowd would reject it. Fans would be irate at a crap match main eventing mania.
No one has mentioned what might be the most important question. If Brock gets knocked out (say early in the first round) dose it hurt how they book him or how some fans think of him? Because no offense to Mark Hunt. But he isn't a elite fighter. Brock losing to him would be a pretty big disappointment for both UFC and WWE.
dore20 Wrote:No one has mentioned what might be the most important question. If Brock gets knocked out (say early in the first round) dose it hurt how they book him or how some fans think of him? Because no offense to Mark Hunt. But he isn't a elite fighter. Brock losing to him would be a pretty big disappointment for both UFC and WWE.

A Brock Lesnar loss by any means is the WORST thing that could possibly happen for his WWE drawing power.
Just like the 'Brawl for All' that the WWF ran back in the late 90's.... Dr. Death Steve Williams' career died before it even started in the WWF. He got KO'ed and his character was over.

NO WAY the WWE can Book Brock Lesnar as a main event draw if he looses.

However, if Lesnar suplex's Mark Hunt in the Octagon..... and gets a KO/TKO win with a Suplex, Lesnar returns to the WWE as the biggest draw in company history.
I doubt losing will effect him.

He has a certain uniqueness to him, he's lost fights before and people still kept tuning in.

Major draw that Lesnar is, darn sure.
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:I doubt losing will effect him.

He has a certain uniqueness to him, he's lost fights before and people still kept tuning in.

Major draw that Lesnar is, darn sure.

Brock did loose to Frank Mir, Cain Velasquez and Alistair Overeem in the UFC..... all by Submission or TKO.

But Brock is the biggest draw in the WWE right now. He is this generations Andre the Giant. A loss in the UFC kills his WWE character.

Brock is 'Billed' and 'Pushed' as the most decorated combat athlete in WWE history.... a loss at UFC 200 kills that.
I don't think anything at this fight can "kill" his career...
unless he legitimately gets killed.