Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WWE making more changes to the brand split
Apparently WWE will run two separate PPV's each month. One for Raw and One for Smackdown.

Theirs talk about making the PPV's 4+ hours. And speaking of 4+ hr PPV, Summer Slam will be 4+ hrs this year.
Horrible Idea. Make the PPV 4 hours thats fine, one per each brand, horrible.
Every other Sunday, there will be a Pay Per View..... HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE idea!!!!!!!!

No way the WWE can build a storylines, feuds or characters that quick with that many PPV's.

That is 10 Live televised events per month.

IMO, it won't last long.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think it's a bad idea because it's too much product...

BUT cash is king and if people still fill up arenas and sponsors still want to support it - there's no reason WWE shouldn't go that direction.

Pulp, let me play devil's advocate for a minute.
Right now they do one PPV a month while building story lines on one show a week. Yes, they have two shows a week, but Smackdown isn't used to build stories - it's simply a wrestling show and you can literally never watch it and not miss anything in terms of character development. All of this is to make Smackdown relevant during this brand split, something they didn't do last time around.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think it's a bad idea because it's too much product...

BUT cash is king and if people still fill up arenas and sponsors still want to support it - there's no reason WWE shouldn't go that direction.

Pulp, let me play devil's advocate for a minute.
Right now they do one PPV a month while building story lines on one show a week. Yes, they have two shows a week, but Smackdown isn't used to build stories - it's simply a wrestling show and you can literally never watch it and not miss anything in terms of character development. All of this is to make Smackdown relevant during this brand split, something they didn't do last time around.

:devilflam You are good at that my friend.

IMO, we will see the same matches and feuds for months and months with the same outcomes & results, similar to what we see now.

They had better give SmackDown some serious talent if they want any shot of making this legit.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
From what I've heard, Cena is going to Smackdown. The top guy going there immediately makes it legit.

If they are smart, they will do everything in their power to make Smackdown more wrestling-oriented and leave all the dramatic stuff to Raw. That way they have vanilla and chocolate so everyone has something to enjoy.