Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will be Paintsvilles new head coach
Since Miller has sent in an official resignation does anyone have any guesses on who will replace him?
Since Paintsville in-housed their girls basketball coaching job, one would have to think this job will be in-housed as well.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I heard talk that Johnny Lemaster might be interested. Has anyone else heard the same?
Yustacould Wrote:I heard talk that Johnny Lemaster might be interested. Has anyone else heard the same?

How would that affect his grandson's eligibility with him playing at a different school this past season?
No sure how that would effect his eligibility. They never moved to Ashland and his dad had a teaching job in the Ashland school system.
Yustacould Wrote:No sure how that would effect his eligibility. They never moved to Ashland and his dad had a teaching job in the Ashland school system.

I wonder if his main residency is Paintsville would he be eligible right away? That would definetely be a good decision on Paintsville's part. To be honest, I was shocked he wasn't given the job the last time around. That seemed like a "no-brainer" to me, but I may not have all the details either. I'm sure, regardless, if they approach him about it or not, his grandson's eligibility will play a major role in that decision.
Not sure what Peanut would get paid.... but since Paintsville in-housed their Girls Basketball coach, it would be a hard-sell to add Johnny to the payroll if they are gonna pay him a decent amount of money.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Not sure what Peanut would get paid.... but since Paintsville in-housed their Girls Basketball coach, it would be a hard-sell to add Johnny to the payroll if they are gonna pay him a decent amount of money.

I can't imagine him caring what he would get paid? I wouldn't be surprised if he even turned-down the stipend.

I don't know if it's true, but I heard the entire time he was at Pikeville he never took a salary. If that is factual, then I can't imagine he would take a few thousand dollar stipend at the high school level.
Heard today that they have already made a hire. The new coach is supposed to be Jason Kinner
Completely Neutral Wrote:Heard today that they have already made a hire. The new coach is supposed to be Jason Kinner

Has he ever coached baseball or even played ? Doesn't sound like this was thought out if true
TigerBlues Wrote:Has he ever coached baseball or even played ? Doesn't sound like this was thought out if true
Kinda odd hire, if so. Especially after football being his specialty and knowing how that ended. But, for some reason, I'm thinking he may hold the PHS record for HR's in a season? Could totally be off on that, but something about it is ringing my bell.... :ChairHit:

And as bad as I hate to use Pulp's wayyyyyyyyyyyy over-used analogy "in-housed" in this thread, this def fits that descript.
Always good wishes, either way. Alot of young talent sprouting up there now.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Kinda odd hire, if so. Especially after football being his specialty and knowing how that ended. But, for some reason, I'm thinking he may hold the PHS record for HR's in a season? Could totally be off on that, but something about it is ringing my bell.... :ChairHit:

And as bad as I hate to use Pulp's wayyyyyyyyyyyy over-used analogy "in-housed" in this thread, this def fits that descript.
Always good wishes, either way. Alot of young talent sprouting up there now.

That just shows how much I know about baseball, I had no idea he holds the HR record at PHS. I always thought Tucker Howard had that
TigerBlues Wrote:That just shows how much I know about baseball, I had no idea he holds the HR record at PHS. I always thought Tucker Howard had that
Don't quote me on it, TB. Or some of these ravaging wolves on here will eat me alive, lol. Just something about him and HR at PHS sticks out to me.
Redneck or Dale can prob tell us if I've completely lost it or not.
He does have the single season home run record at Paintsville. I think Tucker had it prior to though. Coach Adkins never really kept much info on records or stats but I'm almost positive Kinner has the record still.
Pupaw Wrote:He does have the single season home run record at Paintsville. I think Tucker had it prior to though. Coach Adkins never really kept much info on records or stats but I'm almost positive Kinner has the record still.

I think you are right...I'm thinking that he may have broken the record of his uncle, Mike Brown?

I know when Jason and his cousin Matt Brown played together they were a pretty good 1-2 HR punch..

Of course the incredibly short left field at Paintsville didn't hurt HR stats for right handers....Mike was a lefty though.
Completely Neutral Wrote:Since Miller has sent in an official resignation does anyone have any guesses on who will replace him?

Just curious, has his son Matt signed with anyone at the college level?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Don't quote me on it, TB. Or some of these ravaging wolves on here will eat me alive, lol. Just something about him and HR at PHS sticks out to me.
Redneck or Dale can prob tell us if I've completely lost it or not.

I believe he hit 15 or 16 bombs his senior year while playing First. As Seger mentioned his cousin Matt was second that year with around 10 or 11 HRs. Both weren't players that hit for high averages but players that could change the game with one swing of the bat. I was a Freshman when Jason put one off the top of the pool building against Heath Castle in a game at JC when they had the old field layout. Just guessing I'd say that he sent it over 400' but really hard to say how far it would've went had it not hit the building. The -5 ZCores were the bats that made legends back in the day.
Bob Seger Wrote:Just curious, has his son Matt signed with anyone at the college level?

I heard at the district tournament that Walters State or taking UK up on a walk-on offer were possibilities. Walters State is a top notch JUCO located in Morristown, TN. It was sad that he had to go through the rough patch of injuries during his career. Matt was one of the better complete players, hitting and fielding, in the 15th Region in quite a while in my opinion.
DALE Wrote:I heard at the district tournament that Walters State or taking UK up on a walk-on offer were possibilities. Walters State is a top notch JUCO located in Morristown, TN. It was sad that he had to go through the rough patch of injuries during his career. Matt was one of the better complete players, hitting and fielding, in the 15th Region in quite a while in my opinion.

Walters State is one of the top, if not the top, JUCO programs in the country....Best wishes for him.
DALE Wrote:I believe he hit 15 or 16 bombs his senior year while playing First. As Seger mentioned his cousin Matt was second that year with around 10 or 11 HRs. Both weren't players that hit for high averages but players that could change the game with one swing of the bat. I was a Freshman when Jason put one off the top of the pool building against Heath Castle in a game at JC when they had the old field layout. Just guessing I'd say that he sent it over 400' but really hard to say how far it would've went had it not hit the building. The -5 ZCores were the bats that made legends back in the day.

At the time, the centerfield fence was posted as being 390 feet at the old field...Don't know how accurate that was though.
I don't think anything will be announced until after the 4th.
Jason does hold the single season HR record. He was also a heck of a first basemen. This is the first I've heard of him being the next head coach. I figured PHS would incorporate a fishing team, which would be a perfect fit for Jason.
Bob Seger Wrote:I think you are right...I'm thinking that he may have broken the record of his uncle, Mike Brown?

I know when Jason and his cousin Matt Brown played together they were a pretty good 1-2 HR punch..

Of course the incredibly short left field at Paintsville didn't hurt HR stats for right handers....Mike was a lefty though.
That short left field didn't help me any Bob, lol
DALE Wrote:I believe he hit 15 or 16 bombs his senior year while playing First. As Seger mentioned his cousin Matt was second that year with around 10 or 11 HRs. Both weren't players that hit for high averages but players that could change the game with one swing of the bat. I was a Freshman when Jason put one off the top of the pool building against Heath Castle in a game at JC when they had the old field layout. Just guessing I'd say that he sent it over 400' but really hard to say how far it would've went had it not hit the building. The -5 ZCores were the bats that made legends back in the day.
I'll never forget that game Dale.
I'm not sure being able to hit a homerun 15-years ago qualifies you to be the head coach of a program that is in desperate need of proven leadership. I'm constantly shocked by decisions schools make regarding coaches.
Redneck Wrote:That short left field didn't help me any Bob, lol

I always thought that you modeled your batsmanship after Pete Rose...Punch and Judy hitters can make millions of bucks too.:biggrin:
baseball1974 Wrote:I'm not sure being able to hit a homerun 15-years ago qualifies you to be the head coach of a program that is in desperate need of proven leadership. I'm constantly shocked by decisions schools make regarding coaches.

I don't think anyone was implying that. Someone had asked if Kinner had ever coached or even played baseball, so we were just filling them in.
What was his last baseball coaching job ?
TigerBlues Wrote:What was his last baseball coaching job ?

I may be wrong, but it's my understanding playing high school baseball is the only thing he has on his resume in regards to baseball. I'm still blown away that the administration with Paintsville would have allowed Johnnie LeMaster to take his family to another school where they could be coached by him. If these are the types of decisions they are planning on making then I don't blame him a bit for leaving. At the end of the day he did what was best for his own family.
baseball1974 Wrote:I may be wrong, but it's my understanding playing high school baseball is the only thing he has on his resume in regards to baseball. I'm still blown away that the administration with Paintsville would have allowed Johnnie LeMaster to take his family to another school where they could be coached by him. If these are the types of decisions they are planning on making then I don't blame him a bit for leaving. At the end of the day he did what was best for his own family.
Johnnie left with his family last year, before the Paintsville job was even available.