Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Reigns suspended
30 days for violating WWE's Wellness policy
Hmm...well that is certainly a shocker.
This makes me think WWE knew about this BEFORE the Money in the Bank PPV.
zaga_fan Wrote:This makes me think WWE knew about this BEFORE the Money in the Bank PPV.

They sure did.

Which is why I question why they decided to add him to that match at Battleground?
They didn't want to make people think they knew about it (which is a typical WWE move).

But it also makes you look forward to the Shield Triple Threat a little more.

I thought it was odd they decided to go through with that at Battleground. That should be at Summerslam or Mania.
If the WWE knew the results of Reigns' failed drug test before MITB.... and they took the their wellness policy seriously, the main event match at MITB should have been changed.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:They sure did.

Which is why I question why they decided to add him to that match at Battleground?
One reason may be that his suspension will end before the PPV happens, so they may still use him in the Triple threat match.
Slic Ric Wrote:One reason may be that his suspension will end before the PPV happens, so they may still use him in the Triple threat match.

Right, I understood that.

I just dunno if it really makes alot of sense, since he isn't gonna be around to hype the match.

I just hope they are honest and announce his suspension on air as a reason why he won't be appearing for awhile.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:If the WWE knew the results of Reigns' failed drug test before MITB.... and they took the their wellness policy seriously, the main event match at MITB should have been changed.

If WWE consisted of actual athletic contests, like an MMA fight or a football game, then I think they would have to change the main event.

Since it's scripted, this would be the equivalent of a movie star being allowed to film a scene even though the director knew they smoked a joint last week. I don't know what I would do with that much money on the table.

This is Reigns's first clean loss in a singles match since FCW. It's awfully fishy this loss comes just prior to the suspension.
Wellness=steroids???
zaga_fan Wrote:If WWE consisted of actual athletic contests, like an MMA fight or a football game, then I think they would have to change the main event.

Since it's scripted, this would be the equivalent of a movie star being allowed to film a scene even though the director knew they smoked a joint last week. I don't know what I would do with that much money on the table.

This is Reigns's first clean loss in a singles match since FCW. It's awfully fishy this loss comes just prior to the suspension.

I see your point and I don't disagree.

BUT, if the WWE truly has a ZERO tolerance policy and the WWE took this policy seriously..... then the main event should have been changed. You can't convince me that the WWE found out the day of MITB that Reigns had failed his 'performance' test.

What does this tell the rest of the locker room?
- Go ahead and break our ZERO tolerance policy and we will let you main event a PPV.

A mid-card level match/talent would have been kayfabe wrote out of the event and then an official release would have been issued probably the next day.

The WWE has set a precedent (I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time something like this has happened) by letting Reigns wrestle at MITB. If the WWE suspends any other talent for the same reason as Reigns, but they don't get to wrestle like Reigns did at MITB, could turn in to a civil rights or EEO lawsuit against the WWE.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed