Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2016 Rio Olympic Games.... DISASTER!!!!
The 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympic Games are going to be a complete disaster.

:flush: :igiveup:
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
The Zika virus....
Running out of money for the police and fire departments....
The country is in a terrible recession....
And some reports are saying that a few of the venues may not be completed in time.
The swimming competition will be the most challenging ever...

[Image: http://memolition.com/wp-content/uploads...iver-3.jpg]
And needless to say that rowing will have it's challenges....

[Image: http://memolition.com/wp-content/uploads...iver-4.jpg]
Pole vaulting will be the most interesting competition....

[Image: http://xiddu.weebly.com/uploads/4/8/6/4/...2_orig.jpg]
And did you hear about the new competitions, Piggy Back obstacle course...

[Image: http://www.theneweconomy.com/wp-content/...cities.jpg]
Well, I don't blame those who are dropping out! Zitka is far more dangerous that what the media is indicating, IMO.

It isn't just pregnant women who are susceptible to this virus, but it appears to attack the auto immune system. Men seem to be more vulnerable to this auto immune response that women and it has life long effects.

To be honest, I absolutely think that there isn't enough answers to this new virus. It would be difficult if not impossible to make an informed decision. In a case like that, better safe than sorry.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I don't blame those who are dropping out! Zitka is far more dangerous that what the media is indicating, IMO.

It isn't just pregnant women who are susceptible to this virus, but it appears to attack the auto immune system. Men seem to be more vulnerable to this auto immune response that women and it has life long effects.

To be honest, I absolutely think that there isn't enough answers to this new virus. It would be difficult if not impossible to make an informed decision. In a case like that, better safe than sorry.

I would like to propose that we send every single Pittsburgh Steeler fan to Rio free of charge in hopes that they can never procreate again....
^

wow!
Agree that Steelers fans should go.

On a serious note, their have been so many athletes decline to go that a lot of the events aren't going to be that great. Just like with Russia in the winter games in Sochi, its really just too expensive to build this crap for a one time thing.
As for Brazil, more specifically Rio, that is such a beautiful place ran down by years of ineffective policies and governments. There is no reason a place like that couldn't be just as nice as America. Such a sad state to watch South American countries fail over and over.
Its a shame, me and my wife both have been huge fans of the Olympics for years both summer and winter..My wifes even a Curling fan(don't tell her I told ya'll though).. Its going to be a complete shart for water sports..Hopefully the can at least clean a pool for swimming and diving:eyeroll:
Phelps qualified again today so maybe we get to see him pad his medal total. I like to keep an eye on the shooting sports too..
Im a bit leery of our basketball chances to be really honest. We have a good team but there are several pro level teams that have been playing together a long time that could give this usa team a run for their money
Stardust Wrote:The swimming competition will be the most challenging ever...

[Image: http://memolition.com/wp-content/uploads...iver-3.jpg]

:hilarious::hilarious:
Stardust Wrote:I would like to propose that we send every single Pittsburgh Steeler fan to Rio free of charge in hopes that they can never procreate again....

Raven fans should be included in that too...:lmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Well, unfortunately Stardust's pictures aren't far from the truth. I just read that the waters around Rio, particularly where the sailing events are to be held, are so polluted that if the participants get 3 tsp. of water in their mouth, there is a 99% chance they will get an infection. Then, I saw on the news the gigantic plumes of raw sewage that flows into the rivers there.

It's a shame. The government has done nothing to improve this situation, even after they made promises to do so.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well, I don't blame those who are dropping out! Zitka is far more dangerous that what the media is indicating, IMO.

Granny, they never had intentions from the very start. This is nothing new. This same issue was present a few years back with the World Cup. The Brazilian Government promised a clean-up then.

panther nation Wrote:Raven fans should be included in that too...:lmao:

Ok, Ok, Ok, let's throw the Brown's fans in there too.....
The sewage ploom is worse than Florida's algae bloom
Ploom bloom they both suck
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
For the brightest spotlight in the world to be on Rio De Janeiro, they are falling flat on their faces.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/americas/r...index.html

'Super bacteria' discovered in Rio's waters as Olympics near'

A group of Brazilian scientists have detected a drug-resistant bacteria growing off the shores of some of Rio de Janeiro's most stunning beaches, one month before they're due to host the 2016 Olympic Games.

According to lead researcher Renata Picao, the "super bacteria" entered the city's waterways when sewage coming from local hospitals got channeled into the bay.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/05/sport/rio-...index.html

The Olympic Games are 31 days away -- and Rio de Janeiro is in crisis.

Violence is on the rise, and police officers are at loggerheads with the Rio state government after claiming they've not been paid for months.

The message from police to tourists is clear: We won't be able to protect you.

The state's police officers vented their anger Monday with a sign saying, "Welcome to Hell," outside Rio's main airport. "Police and firefighters don't get paid, whoever comes to Rio de Janeiro will not be safe," the sign said.
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/the-...-olympics/

Here is a good write by Drew Franklin from KSR.
We really won't see just how bad the Olympics are until a few years after the fact. When athletes and fans carry the Zika virus and other infections from Rio back to their home countries.

I do realize that the Olympics are, for some people, a once in a lifetime opportunity to compete in an event they have trained their entire lives for.

Are all of the health and safety risks worth not going to Rio for a chance at Olympic Gold?
I read yesterday that the olympic village is a mess. Sewer back ups, leaks, unfinished rooms.

Teams are having to stay in hotels while countries are flying in contractors to finish and or correct assigned suites in the village.

Feel bad for all the athletes who earned their way to this competition only to show up and witness a mess. Prayers they all return zika free!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
I didn't get to catch the opening ceremonies but the closing had tons of empty seats.
I watched some of the games, and I never saw a full stadium.

Whoever decided to have these games in Rio needs to be shot. Or better yet, make him swim in those waters!
The games were fine. Crowds were down due to the Zika scare, but Rio did a great job for the most part. There's always problems at the Olympics regardless of where it is. Media blew it out of proportion to get more people to tune in.
You are delusional!
3 oz of water getting into your mouth from those waters will yield you a 99% chance of infection. Media didn't make this crap up....most of the crap was flowing untreated into those waters! Did you see the "brown plumes" photographed? And what about the dang water turning bright green?

I agree that you have to know where to split the media from the truth, but unfortunately the Olympics was destined to fail from the get-go.
wow!