Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary proposes Geen Cards for Foreign Technology Workers
People wonder why I am so passionate about the Trump campaign?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidenti...y-clinton/

This proposal will grant Green Cards to any graduate of a foreign accredited technology institution. This will result in depressed wages and deteriorated working conditions. This effects me personally.
Pick6 Wrote:People wonder why I am so passionate about the Trump campaign?

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidenti...y-clinton/

This proposal will grant Green Cards to any graduate of a foreign accredited technology institution. This will result in depressed wages and deteriorated working conditions. This effects me personally.
I oppose increasing the influx of foreign nationals to fill technical positions that Americans could fill, but I think granting green cards versus H1B visas would not depress wages unless the number of foreign workers also increases.

Foreign workers who are here on H1B visas cannot easily switch employers. That allows their employers to limit raise their pay and still retain them. Green card holders may change jobs much more easily to pursue higher wages.

H1B visas depress wages more than green cards do because the H1B visa program allows companies to hold their foreign workers hostage. If their foreign employees become dissatisfied with their wages, then their only real alternatives are often to return home or just settle for low wages until they qualify for a green card. Most of the foreign workers that I have worked with have already become American citizens or plan to do so as soon as they qualify. Most do not horde their money and retire to India and its lower cost of living while still in their 30s.

I am sure that Hillary's proposal is related to some large donation(s) to the Clinton Foundation. Granting instant green cards would be a mistake. Legal immigrants should earn their American citizenship. Democrats are just attempting to import voters and too many Republicans just want to import cheap labor. Green card holders working in the tech fields are not cheap labor.
Hillary sucks. Criminal. Why is she even allowed to run?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I oppose increasing the influx of foreign nationals to fill technical positions that Americans could fill, but I think granting green cards versus H1B visas would not depress wages unless the number of foreign workers also increases.

Foreign workers who are here on H1B visas cannot easily switch employers. That allows their employers to limit raise their pay and still retain them. Green card holders may change jobs much more easily to pursue higher wages.

H1B visas depress wages more than green cards do because the H1B visa program allows companies to hold their foreign workers hostage. If their foreign employees become dissatisfied with their wages, then their only real alternatives are often to return home or just settle for low wages until they qualify for a green card. Most of the foreign workers that I have worked with have already become American citizens or plan to do so as soon as they qualify. Most do not horde their money and retire to India and its lower cost of living while still in their 30s.

I am sure that Hillary's proposal is related to some large donation(s) to the Clinton Foundation. Granting instant green cards would be a mistake. Legal immigrants should earn their American citizenship. Democrats are just attempting to import voters and too many Republicans just want to import cheap labor. Green card holders working in the tech fields are not cheap labor.

Compensation in technology fields has been static for 20 years. H1B is the reason why. Issuing green cards to foreign technology students will reduce all the barriers of a work permit and allow flooding of technology workers into the country. This will result in severe depression of the wage market.

This is being driven by both the Indian Technology Lobby and by American Technology firms. American Technology professionals with student loan debt, will not be able to compete with foreign labor that has no debt burden and a 3rd world cost of living.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I oppose increasing the influx of foreign nationals to fill technical positions that Americans could fill, but I think granting green cards versus H1B visas would not depress wages unless the number of foreign workers also increases.

Compensation in technology fields has been static for 20 years. H1B is the reason why. Issuing green cards to foreign technology students will reduce all the barriers of a work permit and allow flooding of technology workers into the country. This will result in severe depression of the wage market.

This is being driven by both the Indian Technology Lobby and by American Technology firms. American Technology professionals with student loan debt, will not be able to compete with foreign labor that has no debt burden and a 3rd world cost of living.
Pick6 Wrote:Compensation in technology fields has been static for 20 years. H1B is the reason why. Issuing green cards to foreign technology students will reduce all the barriers of a work permit and allow flooding of technology workers into the country. This will result in severe depression of the wage market.

The increase in foreign workers has depressed tech wages, but if the numbers stayed the same and current H1B visa holders were issued green cards, wages would go up, not down. Democrats would love to accelerate the process for foreign workers and I suspect that is what is behind Hillary's proposal. The large number of H1B visa workers keeps wages down. Businesses like the H1B visa workers because they keep wages and turnover low. All else being equal, a good programmer trading an H1B visa for a green card will get a nice pay raise because his/her negotiating position is much better.

I don't really understand why you think H1B workers have a third world cost of living. The median cost of a house in Fairfax County is over $500,000 and many H1B workers own homes here.