Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dallas
For those of you who believe in prayer, please say a special one for the victims and their families that were involved in the tragic shooting in Dallas, Texas.

Our country continues to be divided by racial issues....real racial issues. Our illustrious President is using this as a platform for gun control. I'm not surprised.

Both Presidential candidates have made their respective and totally expected statements.

Our country needs to heal, but it isn't happening. Divisions are growing to cavernous proportions, and little is being done to stop it.

David Brown, chief of Dallas police, made a statement this morning. I haven't been so impressed by a "statement" in a long long time. It appeared to me that he has a real understanding of the issue, and a direction in which he needs to take his police force.

I wish we could all have his understanding of the racial divide.
Granny Bear Wrote:For those of you who believe in prayer, please say a special one for the victims and their families that were involved in the tragic shooting in Dallas, Texas.

Our country continues to be divided by racial issues....real racial issues. Our illustrious President is using this as a platform for gun control. I'm not surprised.

Both Presidential candidates have made their respective and totally expected statements.

Our country needs to heal, but it isn't happening. Divisions are growing to cavernous proportions, and little is being done to stop it.

David Brown, chief of Dallas police, made a statement this morning. I haven't been so impressed by a "statement" in a long long time. It appeared to me that he has a real understanding of the issue, and a direction in which he needs to take his police force.

I wish we could all have his understanding of the racial divide.

Awesome post Granny
So, when Omar Mateen shoots up a night club he's just a nut, but when the Dallas shooter (a reservist Afghanistan vereran) kills police officers he represents an entire protest movement, and is the result of President Obama being divisive? Weren't you guys just pontificating at great length about politicizing shooting events?
You continue to draw conclusions and project them on other posters. I said nothing about Mateen, the night club, or an Afghan vet.

The fact that Obama is politicizing these murder victims for his gun control agenda is disgusting.

This is JUST my opinion.
Granny Bear Wrote:You continue to draw conclusions and project them on other posters. I said nothing about Mateen, the night club, or an Afghan vet.

The fact that Obama is politicizing these murder victims for his gun control agenda is disgusting.

This is JUST my opinion.

When you use the language you used, you're responsible for its implications. You used this "Dallas" thread to take a shot at President Obama. You're free to do that, of course. But how is that not politicizing this event?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:When you use the language you used, you're responsible for its implications. You used this "Dallas" thread to take a shot at President Obama. You're free to do that, of course. But how is that not politicizing this event?

I take full responsibility for its' implications; however, not for YOUR perception and restatement.

I used "Dallas" to ask for prayer for those families and colleagues involved in the shooting.

Odd that you are hung up on my mentioning of Obama, but not the mention of both presidential candidates, David Brown or the fact that this is being politicized for Obama's gun control agenda.
^Game, set, match!
Granny Bear Wrote:I take full responsibility for its' implications; however, not for YOUR perception and restatement.

I used "Dallas" to ask for prayer for those families and colleagues involved in the shooting.

Odd that you are hung up on my mentioning of Obama, but not the mention of both presidential candidates, David Brown or the fact that this is being politicized for Obama's gun control agenda.

Did you take a shot at President Obama? You did. Thus, you politicized Dallas.
jetpilot Wrote:^Game, set, match!

At the end of a boxing match, the corner men run into the ring, hands thrust in the air, proclaiming victory. It means nothing.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:At the end of a boxing match, the corner men run into the ring, hands thrust in the air, proclaiming victory. It means nothing.

No actually it means there are posters on here who agree with Granny.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No actually it means there are posters on here who agree with Granny.

"And yet another contender emerges."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:"And yet another contender emerges."

Wear that sombrero tight and hands free, you'll be fine amigo
TigerBlues Wrote:Wear that sombrero tight and hands free, you'll be fine amigo

Ever watch Seinfeld?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:At the end of a boxing match, the corner men run into the ring, hands thrust in the air, proclaiming victory. It means nothing.

In tennis, which was what I was talking about, it means you lose.
jetpilot Wrote:In tennis, which was what I was talking about, it means you lose.

In boxing, which was my counter analogy to yours, it means, "that's, like, your opinion, man."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In boxing, which was my counter analogy to yours, it means, "that's, like, your opinion, man."

That's weak sombrero :ChairHit:
TigerBlues Wrote:That's weak sombrero :ChairHit:

It's Big Lebowski, man...the Dude.
I get your quotes sombrero, just don't get how it fits into the analogy of discussion
Just to refocus, Granny Bear used the language "our illustrious President" to open this thread about Dallas. That is politicizing a tragedy, which is the very thing GB was criticizing.
TigerBlues Wrote:I get your quotes sombrero, just don't get how it fits into the analogy of discussion

"Granny wins. Granny wins. Game, set, match." ➡➡ "That's, like, your opinion, Man."
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Just to refocus, Granny Bear used the language "our illustrious President" to open this thread about Dallas. That is politicizing a tragedy, which is the very thing GB was criticizing.

Maybe more a contradiction of terms seen through different eyes ?
TigerBlues Wrote:Maybe more a contradiction of terms seen through different eyes ?

Let's not pretend "our illustrious President" was some innocuous reference. Granny Bear is entitled to her swipe at President Obama. However, that politicizes the thread, which is precisely what she was hammering Obama for.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Let's not pretend "our illustrious President" was some innocuous reference. Granny Bear is entitled to her swipe at President Obama. However, that politicizes the thread, which is precisely what she was hammering Obama for.

Ok man, I give on this. GB whatever you think of her is the most level person on here for give and take with equal representation and I'll stand by that. Just go back and re read her posts where it's defined she isn't in an equal amount of opinion from either side, she's good in my book with that
TigerBlues Wrote:Ok man, I give on this. GB whatever you think of her is the most level person on here for give and take with equal representation and I'll stand by that. Just go back and re read her posts where it's defined she isn't in an equal amount of opinion from either side, she's good in my book with that

I am not a Granny Bear hater. I am simply pointing out, in my view, that in the thread starter she does precisely what she is berating President Obama for doing. That's it. Nothing personal.
jetpilot Wrote:

That's pretty funny
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I am not a Granny Bear hater. I am simply pointing out, in my view, that in the thread starter she does precisely what she is berating President Obama for doing. That's it. Nothing personal.

I don't speak in her behalf, she does that on her own but I'm sure there was no ill will pointed at anyone
jetpilot Wrote:

:flame:
JP with a gem :1:
Our president is a divider. Granny never said one thing bad here. The Urban Sombrero is looking for something and if he or she continues they will find.
I didn't mean to start an uproar here, and I am humbled by all the support you guys have shown me!! Thanks. Smile

Allow me to clarify Urban.....I don't like Obama. I think he has done a lot to increase the racial division in America. From the stupid beer summit to the way he throws gun control around when tragedies happen; I believe him to be wrong on so many levels.

I didn't politicize this, HE did. And what I meant to do was point that out.

Now, you may like Obama and support him. Certainly that's your right to do so. But in the scheme of things, you may be more effective by posting another opinion rather than dissecting my posts. I'm not that interesting.