Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy Money
Quantitative Easing they call it. I remember Keynesian economists recently laughing at conservative economists, calling them naïve. We could print money, a secret weapon no other nation could pull off, so how could we fail? At that time only the US was 'printing' money. But since 2006 not only has China done so, Japan is in the game now too.

EXCERPT---
"The amount of money sloshing around China’s economy, according to a broad measure that is closely watched here, has now tripled since the end of 2006. China’s tidal wave of money has powered the economy to new heights, but it has also helped drive asset prices through the roof. Housing prices have soared, feeding fears of a bubble while leaving many ordinary Chinese feeling poor and left out."
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/16/busine....html?_r=0

Easy money created the housing bubble, the effects of which still have us reeling. One percent growth is a laughable stat to even be putting out there, but Obama is so proud of himself. To him, he has transformed America and not completely destroyed it in the process. Zero percent returns on savings is a disaster exacerbated by mandates such as ObamaCare and regulative controls so strict every business associated with the consumption of energy in any form, are in deep trouble. The beloved Harley-Davidson motorcycle, though not exactly pivotal to the interests of every American, is a great example of what I am saying.

EXCERPT---
"Harley-Davidson has agreed to pay a multimillion-dollar fine and fund environmental remediation efforts after allegedly selling aftermarket devices that allowed motorcyclists to cheat U.S. emissions standards.

The Milwaukee-based manufacturer will pay a $12 million civil penalty and $3 million toward environmental efforts in a deal with the Environmental Protection Agency after the agency accused the company of selling about 340,000 "super tuners" that bolstered power but also raised harmful emissions."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars.../88944648/

Money in our day is not based on any kind of standard, it is based on an idea. And like all ideas with which the administration has 'tinkered,' profits are down if not invisible. Taxes are to skyrocket and Hillary would continue the mindless madness or know why. Government has become more of a social justice police force than the federal government I grew up under. They will continue to regulate and make winners out of the listless, while making losers out of the motivated as long as we voters will tolerate it.

The problem is the housing bubble that darn near destroyed us back in 07-08', is nothing compared to the one now evolving across the globe. When we made ourselves co-equal players on the world stage, that included the world of finance. It was sort of like your rich uncle just jumped up and handed out check books to the family, lightly warning them to use what they needed but not to abuse the privilege. Of course they went nuts and spent money like water. That water is not going back behind the dam, the money is not just going to find it's way back into the US Treasury, and we're not going to finesse our way out of what's coming. Which, in my view is a complete economic meltdown at every level of US existence. Now, to mix metaphors to illustrate the intensity of the problem, the gas on the meltdown fire would be to elect Hillary, thinking she can do the same dumb stuff Obama does but can manage things better. Her staff is his staff. The structure of the FED, the EPA, the DOJ, and every other government agency wouldn't even experience a momentary hiccup.

What say you?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I say the Rapture is near!
Must be a real bummer to live in constant fear and paranoia.
Motley Wrote:Must be a real bummer to live in constant fear and paranoia.

Still better than sticking one's head in the sand and pretending that 22 Trillion in debt doesn't mean anything. I mean, it would be different if we didn't just go through an epic recession because of the housing bubble. That really happened, and maybe you forgot or were too young to care but, it was a very big deal. More people were tossed out of their homes to hit the streets than did those of the Jimmy Carter nightmare.

If the Dems stay in power, fossil fuels will effectively be outlawed and all utilities will go up dramatically, not just electricity. All forms of insurance are becoming more and more expensive, ObamaCare will become permanent too. In fact, liberal insanity will continue to dominate the political power structure across the board, so more and more taxes will be levied to pay for all of life's necessities for minorities and the poor. Food (cards), lodging, medical, transportation, education, every conceivable amenity to include free cell phones will level the playing field for those who choose not to work. And that doesn't include over 15 million here illegally with more pouring in everyday, some potentially dangerous brought in by our own government from places like Syria. All on the taxpayer dime.

Even if people have money there will be no way to use it to gain interest through savings, because the interest rate is zero. Nearly all wages are stagnating, most make about the same in real terms as they did in 1976. Everything costs us more, a package of ground beef is a 10 dollar investment.

Wages are stagnant, costs are going ever higher. The costs have more than caught up to our wages so you tell me Motley, what are folks going to do when they take home 500 dollars a week but expenses clearly are 700 dollars a week? There is no growth, 1.0% is a joke, so getting more money to cope is not possible in this economy. I would appreciate it greatly if you could explain it al to us, where am I going wrong?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well at least Obama finally made it to Louisiana!

Heck, even Bill Clinton's birthday couldn't get his ass of Martha's Vineyard!
Be a Republican. Because using Google is too hard.
Granny Bear Wrote:Well at least Obama finally made it to Louisiana!

Heck, even Bill Clinton's birthday couldn't get his ass of Martha's Vineyard!

Five more months and he's outta here, and I can't wait. Frankly, I'd volunteer to help move their stuff out of the White House.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Five more months and he's outta here, and I can't wait. Frankly, I'd volunteer to help move their stuff out of the White House.

Make room for Hillary's pant suit closet while you're there.
Ah yes, the Kim Jong Un collection.

In the interest of full disclosure, this is not my description. I stole it from Hoot!!

Smile
Teabilly butt hurt in full swing. I love it.