Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump Siblings
What an impressive clan they are.
^^" You can't fake good kids".........Mike Pence

"Even the Kennedy's, at the peak of their power, did not have so many talented and impressive people in their family".........Newt Gingrich
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:^^" You can't fake good kids".........Mike Pence

"Even the Kennedy's, at the peak of their power, did not have so many talented and impressive people in their family".........Newt Gingrich

And it's not even close...
I'll take it one step further. I believe we are witnessing the birth of an American Political dynasty that will dwarf the Clintons, Bushes and perhaps even the Kennedys.
Pick6 Wrote:I'll take it one step further. I believe we are witnessing the birth of an American Political dynasty that will dwarf the Clintons, Bushes and perhaps even the Kennedys.

I have no problem with that. I think his kids are even smarter than he is. If they learned his drive they will be a great asset to our country in the political arena.
Fear the Nation Wrote:I have no problem with that. I think his kids are even smarter than he is. If they learned his drive they will be a great asset to our country in the political arena.

How is the bulletin board for easily offended liberals?
Pick6 Wrote:How is the bulletin board for easily offended liberals?

Do you think they learned his adroitness at using bankruptcy to actually preserve and build wealth, at the expense of working people and small businesses damaged, if not destroyed, by getting stiffed?

I merely repeat a question offered by Senator Cruz and Senator Rubio, who though vanquished, did bring up a good point. My grandfather always told me there are a lot of things the law will let you do that an ethical man won't do.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Do you think they learned his adroitness at using bankruptcy to actually preserve and build wealth, at the expense of working people and small businesses damaged, if not destroyed, by getting stiffed?

I merely repeat a question offered by Senator Cruz and Senator Rubio, who though vanquished, did bring up a good point. My grandfather always told me there are a lot of things the law will let you do that an ethical man won't do.

Many great business men have filed bankruptcy at some point, some more than once. Of the ones I know personally, their eventual success and positive contributions much outweighed the problems caused by the bankruptcies.

If some of our greatest inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs had not been able to utilize bankruptcy, I don't think things would be quite the same.

I'm sure most people posting here (if they took the leap) would also use bankruptcy just as Trump did to protect themselves and family, as would Ted Cruz. Most people (including Cruz) get a weekly check and risk nothing when paying their bills.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that bankruptcy isn't all good and is at times taken advantage of. I also understand that it's almost vital.

The issue is moot to me because I know that if ANY of the people trying to make it an issue were in the Don's shoes at the time, they would have done the same thing.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Many great business men have filed bankruptcy at some point, some more than once. Of the ones I know personally, their eventual success and positive contributions much outweighed the problems caused by the bankruptcies.

If some of our greatest inventors, innovators and entrepreneurs had not been able to utilize bankruptcy, I don't think things would be quite the same.

I'm sure most people posting here (if they took the leap) would also use bankruptcy just as Trump did to protect themselves and family, as would Ted Cruz. Most people (including Cruz) get a weekly check and risk nothing when paying their bills.

Don't get me wrong, I fully understand that bankruptcy isn't all good and is at times taken advantage of. I also understand that it's almost vital.

The issue is moot to me because I know that if ANY of the people trying to make it an issue were in the Don's shoes at the time, they would have done the same thing.
In many cases it's stupid government regulations imposed by dumbass liberal wackos, that don't know a dang thing about what they are talking about or doing, that forces once thriving businesses to have to shut their doors.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Many great business men have filed bankruptcy at some point, some more than once. Of the ones I know personally, their eventual success and positive contributions much outweighed the problems caused by the bankruptcies.

The use of bankruptcy as a business strategy is the domain of the careless risk taker, a world inhabited by sharkish lawyers. A bankruptcy declared by a "Thomas Edison" type, or a family crippled by medical bills is a whole other thing.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The use of bankruptcy as a business strategy is the domain of the careless risk taker, a world inhabited by sharkish lawyers. A bankruptcy declared by a "Thomas Edison" type, or a family crippled by medical bills is a whole other thing.

You ever have the kahunas to start one of these "risks"?
Bob Seger Wrote:You ever have the kahunas to start one of these "risks"?

Whether or not a person has started a small business isn't even remotely the point. To start a small business is not the carelessness I am referring to, though I have seen people start businesses no reasonable person thought had a chance in Hades of making it.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Whether or not a person has started a small business isn't even remotely the point. To start a small business is not the carelessness I am referring to, though I have seen people start businesses no reasonable person thought had a chance in Hades of making it.

How about just a simple yes or no?

I promise you wont get arrested or anything like that...Remember you are posting anonymously.
Some more anonymously than others.
Granny Bear Wrote:Some more anonymously than others.

Ah, and suddenly a shout from the passive-aggressive ward.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, and suddenly a shout from the passive-aggressive ward.

You had time to post this, but not time to answer the simple yes or no?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Ah, and suddenly a shout from the passive-aggressive ward.

You had time to rattle this, but not time to answer the simple yes or no?
Bob Seger Wrote:You had time to post this, but not time to answer the simple yes or no?

Perhaps on other threads this is your strategy, or you actually believe in debate you can ask any non-sequitur question and a person is obligated to respond. Foolishness.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Perhaps on other threads this is your strategy, or you actually believe in debate you can ask any non-sequitur question and a person is obligated to respond. Foolishness.
No strategy here Urban Cowboy, just a simple question that only requires a yes or a no..

Have you ever engaged yourself as a proprietor or as a principal of private enterprise?

That better?

Would it make it easier if I made a special form that says "Y" or "N" in front of the question and all you would have to do is circle one of the two letters?:popcorn:
Bob Seger Wrote:No strategy here Urban Cowboy, just a simple question that only requires a yes or a no..

Have you ever engaged yourself as a proprietor or as a principal of private enterprise?

That better?

Would it make it easier if I made a special form that says "Y" or "N" in front of the question and all you would have to do is circle one of the two letters?:popcorn:

The underlying premise of your question is that to have adequate knowledge about something one must first directly experience it. Why would I respond to that? "Only a person who has fought in a war should be Commander-in-Chief." Nonsense logic.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:The underlying premise of your question is that to have adequate knowledge about something one must first directly experience it. Why would I respond to that? "Only a person who has fought in a war should be Commander-in-Chief." Nonsense logic.

I guess that it takes a person who thinks along those lines to come up with a response like that...Wow, I didn't know I was smart enough to concoct such a devious plot, and didn't know you were smart enough to decode it either...I'd say we could both find employment within the Clinton Machine, wouldn't you think?

Anyways thanks for answering the question, but it would have been a lot simpler to just say no. Anybody ever discuss tutoring you on time management?
Bob Seger Wrote:I guess that it takes a person who thinks along those lines to come up with a response like that...Wow, I didn't know I was smart enough to concoct such a devious plot, and didn't know you were smart enough to decode it either...I'd say we could both find employment within the Clinton Machine, wouldn't you think?

Anyways thanks for answering the question, but it would have been a lot simpler to just say no. Anybody ever discuss tutoring you on time management?

I grew up working in my parents' small business, which they ran for 18 years before retiring. This fact has absolutely nothing to do with the debate we were having. It is simply a diversion away from substance.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I grew up working in my parents' small business, which they ran for 18 years before retiring. This fact has absolutely nothing to do with the debate we were having. It is simply a diversion away from substance.

Substance??:biglmao:

Now isn't that an ironic (or hypocritical) statement for you to make about someone else's posts based on your "debate tactics"? Here lets use this little thingy one more time, :biglmao:

Bottom line is you were not responsible for a "bottom line"? Correct?

So, we are to assume you gained your corporate knowledge through a book you have read somewhere, then? Perhaps you read an editorial from a sunday edition of The New York Times?...Maybe you even have a subscription to The Huffington Post?...Watched an episode of Chris Mathews on Hard Ball?...Stayed up late to watch Stephen Colbert?..Are a devote follower of those ultra sharp ladies on The View? All great liberal reference sources that can make one an expert..:eyeroll:

Excuse me for not being able to take you seriously.
Bob Seger Wrote:Substance??:biglmao:

Now isn't that an ironic (or hypocritical) statement for you to make about someone else's posts based on your "debate tactics"? Here lets use this little thingy one more time, :biglmao:

Bottom line is you were not responsible for a "bottom line"? Correct?

So, we are to assume you gained your corporate knowledge through a book you have read somewhere, then? Perhaps you read an editorial from a sunday edition of The New York Times?...Maybe you even have a subscription to The Huffington Post?...Watched an episode of Chris Mathews on Hard Ball?...Stayed up late to watch Stephen Colbert?..Are a devote follower of those ultra sharp ladies on The View? All great liberal reference sources that can make one an expert..:eyeroll:

Excuse me for not being able to take you seriously.

You are so rehearsed it's funny.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You are so rehearsed it's funny.

Nah, off the cuff, ole buddy!!

But I imagine it does hurt to the quick, doesn't it?
[QUOTE we=Bob Seger;1987548]Nah, off the cuff, ole buddy!!

But I imagine it does hurt to the quick, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Hurt? This is a political forum.
How was my remark passive/aggressive??
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:[QUOTE we=Bob Seger;1987548]Nah, off the cuff, ole buddy!!

But I imagine it does hurt to the quick, doesn't it?

Hurt? This is a political forum.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have known that through the 32 other times you rambled on about that..:ChairHit:

That being said, it still does, doesn't it?
Bob Seger Wrote:Hurt? This is a political forum.

Yes, I have known that through the 32 other times you rambled on about that..:ChairHit:

That being said, it still does, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

No matter how many times you click your heels together and wish it did, it doesn't.