Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Balance Needed
"We the people, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution of the United States of America."

Balance is required to see this preamble manifested in society as the Constitution interacts with and intersects society. Extremism of all colors and stripes is the enemy of this balance, in my view.

The extremist says, "Take all the guns, well-regulated militia means only the military and national guard." The extremist says, "Any gun, any time, any person, that's what the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed means."

Balance means thinking about the "general welfare" in relation to the Constitution's interaction with society, in my view.
Balance is also supposed to keep the different branches of government separate too, aint it??

We all seen just in the last few weeks how corrupt the Obama Administration/Democratic Party is..The evidence exposed has now erased all doubt that may have been speculated.The mingling by the Executive Branch into the IRS and the Justice Dept. (with affiliate, FBI), the exposed bias of members of the Supreme Court, and now confirmation that the Dems will in fact cook the books to determine their own party's representative, pretty much has shown the whole world that the whole American system of government under the Democratic Party's tactical shenanigans has likened it to forms of government that you would associate third world thug controlled dictatorships with.

Of course we have guys like Urban Cowboy that think such goings on is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and will bow down and kiss the ring of our would be dictator and/or the witch in waiting.
Bob Seger Wrote:Balance is also supposed to keep the different branches of government separate too, aint it??

We all seen just in the last few weeks how corrupt the Obama Administration/Democratic Party is..The evidence exposed has now erased all doubt that may have been speculated.The mingling by the Executive Branch into the IRS and the Justice Dept. (with affiliate, FBI), the exposed bias of members of the Supreme Court, and now confirmation that the Dems will in fact cook the books to determine their own party's representative, pretty much has shown the whole world that the whole American system of government under the Democratic Party's tactical shenanigans has likened it to forms of government that you would associate third world thug controlled dictatorships with.

Of course we have guys like Urban Cowboy that think such goings on is the greatest thing since sliced bread, and will bow down and kiss the ring of our would be dictator and/or the witch in waiting.

You have officially left the building.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:You have officially left the building.

Thank you, thank you very much!!

I made just as much sense as you did with the opener..Meaning, since when has a liberal ever cared about following the Constitution? I just happen to find your take , all things considered, ......amusing.

It was a parallel to what you are rambling on about, Einstein...Was I over your head again?
Bob Seger Wrote:Thank you, thank you very much!!

I made just as much sense as you did with the opener..Meaning, since when has a liberal ever cared about following the Constitution? I just happen to find your take , all things considered, ......amusing.

It was a parallel to what you are rambling on about, Einstein...Was I over your head again?

If you are suggesting liberals do not care about the Constitution, men like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert Kennedy for instance, I wouldn't lecture anyone too much on being taken seriously.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:If you are suggesting liberals do not care about the Constitution, men like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Robert Kennedy for instance, I wouldn't lecture anyone too much on being taken seriously.

There were not liberals in the same stratosphere as what you kooks are now...Are you trying to say that the Democratic/Liberal agenda is not filled with a bunch of pie in the sky nut jobs?

And by the way, I'm serious!!
IMO balance is forever gone due to voter apathy. "We The People" will not only elect a congress we don't approve of, we re-elect them over and over and over.

I sort of get the extremist problem too...the farthest left/right disgust the solids in the middle of both sides to a point it shuts down debate.
Bob Seger Wrote:There were not liberals in the same stratosphere as what you kooks are now...Are you trying to say that the Democratic/Liberal agenda is not filled with a bunch of pie in the sky nut jobs?

And by the way, I'm serious!!

Extremists exist on both sides, and the ones on the right are no more or less extreme than on the left.
SKINNYPIG Wrote:IMO balance is forever gone due to voter apathy. "We The People" will not only elect a congress we don't approve of, we re-elect them over and over and over.

I sort of get the extremist problem too...the farthest left/right disgust the solids in the middle of both sides to a point it shuts down debate.

We live in a time that to try and actually practice the art of politics is to be ridiculed and labeled, and you hit it perfectly: all the trolling extremists do is make real debate amongst rational people difficult.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:We live in a time that to try and actually practice the art of politics is to be ridiculed and labeled, and you hit it perfectly: all the trolling extremists do is make real debate amongst rational people difficult.

You planning on changing the world, one BGR post at a time?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:We live in a time that to try and actually practice the art of politics is to be ridiculed and labeled, and you hit it perfectly: all the trolling extremists do is make real debate amongst rational people difficult.

See my post in Republican National Convention thread on extremists. The left seems much more extreme than the right to me.