Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
all around best field in 14th
i like playing at kcc and hazard what does everyone else thank
Hazard is Nice but what about Powell's field and Lee's is nice just no lights.
I like KCC also but the turf is a little different. Leslie has a decent field its a little short though.
Hazards is pretty good
lees county field is nice just no light pwell i hate the gravel warning track
TakeItToTheHouse Wrote:I like KCC also but the turf is a little different. Leslie has a decent field its a little short though.
KCC field just looks like, the location of it and the dugout are nice. I like the ones inground. I just hate walking up that hill.
parking at kcc is horrible but you cant complain the field is better than where they use to play where if it rain an inch the field was flooded
Estill and Lee have to be the best fields in the 14th region....estill facility will be better this season since they are adding lights onto the field....havent seens hazards...but powell's cant be the best since they have a brick dust infield and a gravel warning track with a wooden fence....
JBS has a really nice field but only because its alice lloyd colleges and it has no lights and it almost impossible to hit one out of there only 2 high school players have ever hit one out.
Cordia fields are nice..both softball and baseball fields are very nice with lights on both fields......parking could be better though....
powells is nice ... at least we have lights unlike many teams in the region ... whats wrong with the gravel warning track or the infeild .. its something diff. .. our fence looks good .. it looks better than some of the chain link fences that some teams have that look like they stole them outta someones front yard
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Cordia fields are nice..both softball and baseball fields are very nice with lights on both fields......parking could be better though....
Baseball fied is OK. Softball field is one of the worst fields around.
I would have to say Hazard, Powell, and Estill(except for the mound)..lol..
Benchwarmer Wrote:Baseball fied is OK. Softball field is one of the worst fields around.
to be honest, I havent attended many softball games in years....but the lights on the Cordia softball field did improve it some ( this is the first year for them to have the lights)....it does need work done to it tho....the baseball players and coaches clean the baseball field and work hard on its infield....I rarely see anything being done to the softball field, other than mowing grass in the outfield....the softball field is where the TBall team plays and last summer I brought my own weedeater about an hour earlier and cut the weeds under the bleachers just so the little kids wouldnt get snake bit....I dont know whose responsiblity it is to keep it up and in shape, but it could use a bit of sprucing up.....
Benchwarmer Wrote:Baseball fied is OK. Softball field is one of the worst fields around.

If you pitch for softball be ready to throw up hill. Not to mention there is a hole at the pitchers plate as well.
MOST of the season, I will take Hazard's because Coach Meehan spends all his time working on it...haha....
1. Knott Cent. - best atmosphere to watch a game, covered seating above the field. Playing surface is o.k. - lip around the turf and dirt in the infield has sometimes been a problem for bad hops. Good hitting background, good dimensions for h.s. (home run is earned there). Best concession stand in 14th. Best dugouts, below ground, plenty of room for 20+ players.

2. Hazard - playing surface, dimensions, lights are all good. (brick backstop is nice). Dugouts are good, wood extension gives a team plenty of room.

3. Powell Co. - playing surface has improved, dimensions are good, lights are o.k. (brick backstop - 30'+ away from plate - pb/wp = at least one base, wooden fence gives it a better baseball feel, imo). Dugouts - o.k, not very deep.

4. Estill Co. - good playing surface, good dimensions, no lights. Dugouts are good, deep, plenty of room.

5. Lee Co. - nicest over all surface in the region infield/outfield, short dimensions around 300' down the lines, 340' to center, no lights. Dugouts are small (leave your j.v. team in the stands).

6. Breathitt Co. - almost new, good lights, dimensions, playing surface is o.k. Dugouts are o.k.

6. Perry Cent. - good dimensions and lights, playing surface could use a little TLC (but it's a county park - open to the public). Dugouts are good

6. Cordia - lights and playing surface are o.k. Dimensions are short compared to others. Dugouts are good

6. Leslie Co. - see 6b. (fence is probably a little deeper than Cordia). Dugouts are good.

6. Buckhorn - see 6c. Dugouts are o.k., a little small.
The only thing that would make Hazard's field better, is if it had more seating.....but I guess this cant be helped with the location.
kcc's turf doesnt have the plastic lip around the turf anymore and the lights are probably are the best in the 14th
FAIR_GAME_FAN Wrote:Cordia fields are nice..both softball and baseball fields are very nice with lights on both fields......parking could be better though....

The parking at Cordia is pretty good I think. I played there, I know. Not many people turn out for baseball games like they do basketball games and down by the baseball fields, it's a lot better parking than if you were going to a basketball game. The dugouts are really nice and i think they are really the best in the region. Cordia's field has the infamous box shape to it so it stands out more than the other fields cause of that. The tree behind dead center makes Cordia's baseball field really nice. Some of the best times I ever had in high school was there.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:The only thing that would make Hazard's field better, is if it had more seating.....but I guess this cant be helped with the location.

I agree they need more seating for their field. It's one of the few nice fields in the 14th Region.
cardinalsfan07 Wrote:Estill and Lee have to be the best fields in the 14th region....estill facility will be better this season since they are adding lights onto the field....havent seens hazards...but powell's cant be the best since they have a brick dust infield and a gravel warning track with a wooden fence....

Are you serious??? The field I play on is good, but Powells is a whole lot better.Just because they have brick dust, and gravel warning track.good hops on the brick dust, and deep gravel saves people from getting hurt more.Wooden fence is just awsome.Makes the field look more like a baseball field.If their field is so bad, what makes yours any better???
Bench Warmer Wrote:Are you serious??? The field I play on is good, but Powells is a whole lot better.Just because they have brick dust, and gravel warning track.good hops on the brick dust, and deep gravel saves people from getting hurt more.Wooden fence is just awsome.Makes the field look more like a baseball field.If their field is so bad, what makes yours any better???

I like Powell's field. The only complaint is when the sun sets, it plays havoc on the hitter, catcher, and ump behind the plate. Other than that, it's a great field.
PCC has a nice field i think but KCC is one of the best fields i have seen.
i think kcc by far has the best. with the mountain backdrop and the covered seating, not too mention the turf infield. its superior to all the fields in the 14th region.
baseball_dad Wrote:I like Powell's field. The only complaint is when the sun sets, it plays havoc on the hitter, catcher, and ump behind the plate. Other than that, it's a great field.

That is the only down fall like you said, but other than that it is a really good field.