Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Character build-ups
In the WrestleMania era..... this is my list on the best Built-Up characters in WWE or WCW.

Goldberg
His win streak to his dirty loss at Souled Out.

Sting's Crow.
From the first appearance of the fake Sting to the real Sting beating Hogan at Starrcade 1997.

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
From WM 13 to the Invasion.

Kane.
From Paul Bearer's first mention of him to WM 14.

The Rock.
From joining the Nation of Domination to present.

Hollywood Hogan.
His nWo Heel run will never be topped. Bash at the Beach 1996 til his re-appearance as Hulk Hogan on Nitro.

So what are yours?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I think you have to add Lesnar to the list.

Between what WCW had with Goldberg, Sting and Hogan... those could be three of the best all-time.

Sting never said a word and never had a match for over a year and he was basically untouchable. BUT... they screwed it up with the botched finish/restart at Starrcade.

The fact they turned Goldberg into the biggest thing in wrestling with him barely being able to work a match was incredible... then he dropped the title to Nash (who was booking at the time) and shortly after Nash gave the title to Hogan via Fingerpoke of Doom and everyone turned the channel to watch Mankind win the title because Tony Schiavone told them it was happening.

Hogan's heel-turn and heel run was incredible... but I recommend everyone read "The Death of WCW". Hogan was larger than life and had that incredible run, but it was basically at the expense of the majority of the roster.

For everything great that WCW did... they always screwed something up worse.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:In the WrestleMania era..... this is my list on the best Built-Up characters in WWE or WCW.

Goldberg
His win streak to his dirty loss at Souled Out.

Sting's Crow.
From the first appearance of the fake Sting to the real Sting beating Hogan at Starrcade 1997.

Stone Cold Steve Austin.
From WM 13 to the Invasion.

Kane.
From Paul Bearer's first mention of him to WM 14.

The Rock.
From joining the Nation of Domination to present.

Hollywood Hogan.
His nWo Heel run will never be topped. Bash at the Beach 1996 til his re-appearance as Hulk Hogan on Nitro.

So what are yours?

Goldberg lost at Starrcade not Sold Out. But solid list
Goldberg. Stone cold. Shawn Michaels.
dore20 Wrote:Goldberg lost at Starrcade not Sold Out. But solid list

Good call...
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed