Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raw Reaction
1. Rusev and Reigns shouldn't have had a match on Raw, should have waited until Summer Slam. To my oppinion, Rusev will beat Reigns at Summer Slam

2. Demon Balor shouldn't have appeared until Summer Slam, I think him appearing kinda ruined it for Summer Slam,

anyone agree? Feel free to add more
I agree further proof Stephanie really is clueless.
No problem with the Rusev match. Especially since it has a heck of a match! The title match is still saved, although I think non-title matches need to be scrapped altogether.

The Balor thing definitely could have waited, but I think they want the whole "anything can happen" vibe to return to television. If that's what they're going for, then I get it, but I would have waited.
I had less issue with the Reigns/Rusev match. I think that Roman will win at SS for two separate reasons. First off, the 2nd level strap has historically been the stepping stone to make a World Title challenge run. We never see US/IC champs facing the World title holder, so you have to pull the strap from Rusev if the future is to give him a run. So I see Rusev losing and then making a run through the Main Event competition setting him up for a World Title shot towards the end of the year.

They also are hoping to revive Roman and build some credibility back into his gimmick. Putting him with a title gets him out of the Main Event group (which may be his punishment for his recent wellness test). This keeps him strong, but not in the mix with the big boys to see what they can do for him.

I agree with the Balor demon gimmick exposure. My guess is that this was for no other purpose than to drive up interest in SS. For those who do not have the Network, this just gave those fans a glimpse and potential to want more from a character that they have never known when he was in NXT. So, I'm OK with it but would have preferred to see it at SS.