Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 34 Middlesboro 18
Final.
BC Ray Thompson 89 kickoff return TD (6-0 Bell)
MHS Ellison 1 yd TD run (6-6 tie)
BC Asher 2 yd TD run- conversion good (14-6 Bell)
MHS Hairston 13 yd TD rec. (14-12 Bell)
BC Lefevers 13 yd TD run (20-12 Bell)
BC Collett 5 yd TD run (26-12 Bell)
BC Collett 1 yd TD run- conversion good (34-12 Bell)
MHS Hairston 12 yd TD rec. (34-18 Bell)
Thank you for posting the correct score! I apologize.

I drove by this game at 9:30 on my way home from "date night". Smile

Bet there was 10,000 cars around that football field!!!!

Also heard that Humfleet was injured. Sure hope he will recover soon.

Congratulations Bobcats!
My initial reactions:

1. Middlesboro's offensive line still wasn't good enough to allow for Middlesboro playmakers. I do think some part of this was due to Bell County's grinding and pounding offensive style taking a toll on the Middlesboro lineman.
2. Chase Elliott has to get the ball more. There were a TON of drops by a bunch of wrs not named Elliott. He is dangerous with the ball in his hand and that has to happen more often.
3. Middlesboro's linebackers were markedly improved tonight. Say what you want but last year, they were obviously terrible in every game. This year, I can't think of any point where I thought they were playing exceptionally poor. LoL. In fact, I thought the Brock kid played pretty well. He is a big body out there for sure.
4. In the event Humfleet has to miss extended time, I see Bell County keeping that exact same play style. With Collett at 5'9" 250 running behind 5 OL, 2 TE, and 2 RBs, you will be hard pressed to find a team that will stop him from gaining 3-4 yards.

Suck that Middlesboro lost. Sucks that our offense went to crap in the 3rd quarter. Sucks that we squandered so many opportunities. Proud of the fight to the end though.
Granny Bear Wrote:Thank you for posting the correct score! I apologize.

I drove by this game at 9:30 on my way home from "date night". Smile

Bet there was 10,000 cars around that football field!!!!

Also heard that Humfleet was injured. Sure hope he will recover soon.

Congratulations Bobcats!

Big crowd.

No info on Humfleet. Maybe the Bell County faithful can shed some light on it when they get home.
congrats bell sorry to hear about humfleet thou
Congrats to Bell. Hope Humfleet checks out okay.
Bell is probably looking at a worse season this year in terms of wins and losses.
Losing Humfleet doesn't completely end there season, but I don't see them standing a chance at all against Corbin without him. May not even with him.
Hope its just a sprained knee or something he can come back from in a few weeks.
A litttle closer than I thought it would be
Prayers for Humfleet his knee it is at best a bad sprain but at worst torn acl. folks I don't care who you cheer for don't wont to see any kid injured.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bell is probably looking at a worse season this year in terms of wins and losses.
Losing Humfleet doesn't completely end there season, but I don't see them standing a chance at all against Corbin without him. May not even with him.
Hope its just a sprained knee or something he can come back from in a few weeks.

Hate to admit it gut you are prob right Corbin looked solid for first game of season.
With Humfleet out is there any chance at all that Thompson gets a look in the backfield. That kid is too dangerous to never get the ball. He reminds me to Chase Elliott in how vastly under utilized he is.
Got to remember. Last week was Bell Co's first type of real game against another team. Bell Co is still working out the kinks. IMO Ray Ray Thompson who had the 90 yard KO return needs to see playing time on offense and not just defense. Bell Co is loaded at the RB position. They just need to open it up more with some more passing. They are going to be a one dimensional team. Great teams will stomp them.
insideinfo Wrote:A litttle closer than I thought it would be

Bell Co played without star rb due to a knee injury early in 1st quarter.
Middlesboro Wrote:Got to remember. Last week was Bell Co's first type of real game against another team. Bell Co is still working out the kinks. IMO Ray Ray Thompson who had the 90 yard KO return needs to see playing time on offense and not just defense. Bell Co is loaded at the RB position. They just need to open it up more with some more passing. They are going to be a one dimensional team. Great teams will stomp them.

Any team with some depth up front will stand a pretty good chance. I would imagine nearly every school left on Bell's schedule is bigger than Middlesboro and will have that depth.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:With Humfleet out is there any chance at all that Thompson gets a look in the backfield. That kid is too dangerous to never get the ball. He reminds me to Chase Elliott in how vastly under utilized he is.

he was in backfield late in game
Middlesboro Wrote:Bell Co played without star rb due to a knee injury early in 1st quarter.

Middlesboro was playing much better when he was in the game. Just saying.
BobcatForever Wrote:he was in backfield late in game

Which one, Thompson or Elliott?
Thompson and I think Elliott was as well he is dangerous with the ball
Big kid on Bell DL played well. Can't remember his name.
MHS Parent4Life Wrote:Big kid on Bell DL played well. Can't remember his name.

Caldwell I thought he played really well also
Both coaching staffs have taken a lot of heat on here. Did either one impress tonight.
Not sure. I mean it's only one game. I thought Middlesboro really did everything they could do defensively. No real breakdowns. Just tough to stop that jumbo offensive set from gaining 3 yards a carry. The line had no splits. TE on each side. Three backs in backfield and guy getting the most carries is 5'9" 250.

Also, after gut punch to start game, I thought staff composed team well and that showed on first scoring possession for Middlesboro.

For Bell County, I think it was a good coaching decision to go to that game plan and not veer from it. They knew that wearing the defensive line down was effectively wearing the offensive line for Middlesboro down as well.

So IMO, nothing to be greatly impressed by but not much to criticize as well.
I forgot to mention that there was also an ejection for Bell County on a personal foul. I didn't catch the name though.
Middlesboro much improved a very few tweaks and things will be rolling!
This may very well be one of the worst Bobcat teams I have seen in a while take the field one the first week of the season. We are way behind on just about everything. We will see if we can get better, but without Humfleet, IDK.

For all you guys from Middlesboro I would not feel the best by getting beat by us right now. 4 wins as it stands now. Middlesboro will be lucky to win 2. Not very good football played on Log Mountain tonight. Looks to be a long season for both.
Mboro is worse than last year. Atleast with Elliot at QB they had a threat. Bell too many discipline problems, penalties and ejections. Very little coaching, luckily they have some players that are winners or all would be lost. From all indications Collett is coaching the offense as a player. During timeouts and dead balls he was the only person talking, sometimes the coaches didn't even get in the huddle. They are absolutely wasting Thompson and Asher. Maybe N. Collett will completely take over the offense this week.

Prayers for Humfleet hopefully he is ok.
Could it be that there offense is so good that they have schooled the QB to run it with out coaches?
I bet the coaches have been meeting with Collett at PaPa Johns at night and review this Georgia offensive scheme for the last 2 months.
WhyLie Wrote:This may very well be one of the worst Bobcat teams I have seen in a while take the field one the first week of the season. We are way behind on just about everything. We will see if we can get better, but without Humfleet, IDK.

For all you guys from Middlesboro I would not feel the best by getting beat by us right now. 4 wins as it stands now. Middlesboro will be lucky to win 2. Not very good football played on Log Mountain tonight. Looks to be a long season for both.

No we don't feel good about losing. You were obviously not at the game...it was in Middlesboro and not on Log Mountain.
Finis Wrote:Mboro is worse than last year. Atleast with Elliot at QB they had a threat. Bell too many discipline problems, penalties and ejections. Very little coaching, luckily they have some players that are winners or all would be lost. From all indications Collett is coaching the offense as a player. During timeouts and dead balls he was the only person talking, sometimes the coaches didn't even get in the huddle. They are absolutely wasting Thompson and Asher. Maybe N. Collett will completely take over the offense this week.

Prayers for Humfleet hopefully he is ok.

Middlesboro is definitely not as bad as last year. That much was obvious to any person that watched the game objectively.