Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant about presidential debate moderators
I'm reading about the moderators selected for the presidential debates coming up between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, and maybe Gary Johnson if he's able to wiggle his poll numbers up enough. Here are the moderators set for the debates....

Sept. 26 - Presidential debate with NBC anchor Lester Holt
Oct. 4 - VP debate with Elaine Quijano moderating

Here's the big kicker....

Oct. 9 - Presidential debate with moderators Anderson Cooper and Martha Raddatz. Anderson Cooper's bias shows (look at how he treated Florida AG Pam Bondi in an interview recently) and Martha Raddatz had Barack Obama at her wedding. Her moderating of the 2012 debate between Paul Ryan and Joe Biden was horrible and she interrupted Ryan several times compared to Biden. That one, will definitely be a three on one.

October 19 - Presidential debate with Chris Wallace moderating

A Trump supporter might try to make the case that this is a setup against Trump, I don't think that's the case considering some of the biased moderators they allowed in the past - Candy Crowley and Martha Raddatz most recently. I know there is an "independent" group that decides this, but considering the bias of Candy Crowley in 2012 against Mitt Romney and now with most of these selections, certainly the Republicans would be able to stand up and refuse to accept this card. Knowing how they are though, I sure wouldn't expect them to.

[Image: https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/22920631.jpg]
Following in the footsteps of Dear Leader Trump you're already making excuses as to why he will lose.
Motley Wrote:Following in the footsteps of Dear Leader Trump you're already making excuses as to why he will lose.

Wow, are you kidding me?

You must not read my posts on here very much. Nowhere on here did I ever say that I supported Donald Trump. In fact, I have mentioned often that Trump will likely lose due to reasons other than the debates.

If anything, the moderators might help him. I think Trump would struggle in a full 90 minute debate. At least he would have the biased moderators to lean on as a crutch.
WideRight05 Wrote:Wow, are you kidding me?

You must not read my posts on here very much. Nowhere on here did I ever say that I supported Donald Trump. In fact, I have mentioned often that Trump will likely lose due to reasons other than the debates.

If anything, the moderators might help him. I think Trump would struggle in a full 90 minute debate. At least he would have the biased moderators to lean on as a crutch.

I don't see your posts very often but it just appeared you were complaining about the moderators and them being biased towards Trump. Especially since you titled the thread "Rant about the moderators", and later went on to say it was so bad that they should sit them out. Guess I missed the point.

But I agree, he's going to struggle in the debates, and then tweet about how biased it was. He's already blaming the media for his future loss.
Motley Wrote:I don't see your posts very often but it just appeared you were complaining about the moderators and them being biased towards Trump. Especially since you titled the thread "Rant about the moderators", and later went on to say it was so bad that they should sit them out. Guess I missed the point.

But I agree, he's going to struggle in the debates, and then tweet about how biased it was. He's already blaming the media for his future loss.

I do believe the moderators will attack Trump, especially in the debate with Martha Raddatz and Anderson Cooper. While the moderators should remain neutral in all political debates, it's the logic of the Republican Party that gets me on this. Raddatz moderated the debate with Paul Ryan and Joe Biden four years ago and did a poor job. This should have been expected, though, considering that Barack Obama was a guest at her wedding. Then you have Anderson Cooper, who has a history of bias in the media. I don't know enough about the others with the exception of Wallace, and given how the debates went in the primaries that he moderated who knows what direction he will lean (hopefully, of course, he goes down the middle).

I'm no Trump fan, but this isn't the only time the Republican Party has allowed this, see 2012 the situation with Candy Crowley in the second debate between Romney and Obama. It just blows my mind that they don't try to push to get moderators who put their viewpoints aside and let the candidates fight it out instead of just setting their candidates up for a two or three on one debate.
WideRight05 Wrote:I do believe the moderators will attack Trump, especially in the debate with Martha Raddatz and Anderson Cooper. While the moderators should remain neutral in all political debates, it's the logic of the Republican Party that gets me on this. Raddatz moderated the debate with Paul Ryan and Joe Biden four years ago and did a poor job. This should have been expected, though, considering that Barack Obama was a guest at her wedding. Then you have Anderson Cooper, who has a history of bias in the media. I don't know enough about the others with the exception of Wallace, and given how the debates went in the primaries that he moderated who knows what direction he will lean (hopefully, of course, he goes down the middle).

I'm no Trump fan, but this isn't the only time the Republican Party has allowed this, see 2012 the situation with Candy Crowley in the second debate between Romney and Obama. It just blows my mind that they don't try to push to get moderators who put their viewpoints aside and let the candidates fight it out instead of just setting their candidates up for a two or three on one debate.

Your perceptions and suspicions are exactly right in my view. There will be more chemically whitened teeth gnawing on Trump than if he'd fallen overboard in the piranha infested waters of the Amazon.

And I know what you're saying about whether or not he should decline the libs' gracious invitation to be interrogated by their best. I guarantee you they've staffed up and have already been working on the questions for weeks. I did not know that Mr Obama had been a guest at Raddatz's wedding, but it certainly is not any surprise. And BTW, I'd like to see a mod put up a poll to judge the ratio of folks on here, as to whether or not Hill will get a replete heads up on the content of the debate questions.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]