Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry -41 Newport Central Catholic -8
Final

NCC's lone score came with 2:38 left in the game

10th running clock in the last 11 games for the Pirates.

Next Game: Belfry at Pikeville (9\16)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congratulations, Belfry!!!
Tic tock
Belfry and Corbin on a collision course. Impressive win for the Pirates, NCC has looked tough up to this point.
Corbin waiting on their running from Belfry.
Listen to Bobby call the action on 93.1. Sounded like NCC made a few plays and took away a couple of the calls that went to the wing backs in the first half. Belfry also seemed to falter a bit up front with some penalties.

14-0 at half. Hunter goes 78 to the house on the opening kick return of second half. Then NCC got a penalty and made a play and were about to stall a drive when Corbett tossed a 27 yard TD pass on 3rd and 18.

NCC seems to make that call we rarely see - let's stop the wingbacks. Thus, fullbacks made their living.

Final note - not sure I ever hear Corbett on a keep. Probably a lot of that was NCC's scheme.

Overall. A sluggish start but still great showing. Btw - only now mentioning our Defense. They dominating the game from kickoff until about 3 minutes left. Just gave NCC fits. At on point LATE in the game, stat guy gave the yards for NCC and it was less than a 100.
proud44pirate Wrote:Corbin waiting on their running from Belfry.

The RedHounds will not hunt in this battle!
Big Don Wrote:The RedHounds will not hunt in this battle!

Lol I went and watched Corbin play this year when that simi games happens I'll remained of your post LOL
Big Don Wrote:The RedHounds will not hunt in this battle!

Marked, Paste and Copy Confusednicker:
Wow
Slow down on the sauce folks. The RedHounds will retreat to the porch!
Well we shouldn't even be talking about a simi game anyway we got way to much football to play good luck to both teams hopefully they will get to play each other again
Belfry looks to have an absolute star in the making in Hensley. Poor wing backs!
Congrats Belfry!
You guys are on a huge run and if you stay healthy I don't see a team in 3a being within 3 scores of you! I know our record at Lawrence County don't look like much this season but we only have 5 seniors on an almost 60 man roster. I honestly believe we have the coaching staff coming together right now and a lot of talented kids coming through the ranks the next few seasons to make this district a little more competitive in a season or two.
Do-double-gg Wrote:You guys are on a huge run and if you stay healthy I don't see a team in 3a being within 3 scores of you! I know our record at Lawrence County don't look like much this season but we only have 5 seniors on an almost 60 man roster. I honestly believe we have the coaching staff coming together right now and a lot of talented kids coming through the ranks the next few seasons to make this district a little more competitive in a season or two.

The underclassmen for Belfry get valuable snaps right now. Would love to see LC be competitive in the future.
Yep cant see the Pirates being stopped by anyone this year.... THE RED ARMY MARCHES ON TOWARD BOWLING GREEN ANNIHALATING EVERYONE AND THING IN THEIR PATH.... Its gonna be a bad day for my Red Devils if we run into the Pirates.... are we in the same region this year?
Belfry mauled s very good team last night. New Cath appears better than the bunch that went to the finals last year. Belfry is a marauding horde. Hide the women and children when they come to town.
Add another W. Belfrys o-line is running on all cylinders along with the rest of the team. I don't think it's far fetched at all to say they are a top 5 team in the state easily.
Nice win Belfry!
Only 12 more games for THE BEAST FROM THE EAST Lol!!!!!!
Belfry is definately legitamite top 5!! Even tougher at the CAM...
I know a lot of people are talking about the freshmen group at Belfry. Don't think for a minute it stops there. Come watch our 6th grade group they have an incredible mix of size and athletes.