• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2017
Thu 03/16 @ Pikeville High School
Sat 03/18 vs Perry County Central High School
Sat 03/18 vs Russell High School
Mon 03/20 vs Prestonburg High School
Thu 03/23 @ Boyd County High School
Sat 03/25 @ Lexington Catholic High School
Sat 03/25 @ Somerset High School (Lexington Catholic)
Mon 03/27 @ Cabell Midland High School
Fri 03/31 vs Huntington High School
Mon 04/03 @ Valdosta High School
Tue 04/04 @ Madison County High School
Wed 04/05 @ Bainbridge High School
Fri 04/07 TBA in Nashville, TN
Sat 04/08 TBA in Nashville, TN
Tue 04/11 @ Magoffin County High School
Wed 04/12 vs Magoffin County High School
Sat 04/15 @ Elder High School (St. X)
Sat 04/15 @ St. Xavier HS (KY)
Tue 04/18 vs Sheldon Clark High School
Wed 04/19 @ Sheldon Clark High School
Fri 04/21 vs Cabell Midland High School
Sat 04/22 vs Allen Central High School
Tue 04/25 vs Paintsville High School
Wed 04/26 @ Paintsville High School
Fri 04/28 vs Spring Valley High School
Tue 05/02 @ Prestonburg High School
Thu 05/04 @ Russell High School
Fri 05/05 @ Spring Valley High School
Mon 05/08 @ Morgan County High School
Tue 05/09 vs Boyd County High School
Fri 05/12 @ Campbell County High School (Fayette County Invitational)
Sat 05/13 @ Henry Clay HS (Fayette County Invitational)
Sat 05/13 @ Rockcastle County High School (Fayette County Invitational)
Mon 05/15 vs Pikeville High School
Wed 05/17 @ Perry County Central High School
Thu 05/18 @ Belfry High School
Fri 05/19 vs Scott High School
Tough schedule, but they will do well.
That is tough schedule those boys do some traveling
That's an incredible schedule.
Dang what a schedule. They will be well tested come tourney time. They have all the tools to make a serious run at a state championship.
Redneck Wrote:Dang what a schedule. They will be well tested come tourney time. They have all the tools to make a serious run at a state championship.

Thanks for the support?:dontthink
No game against Greenup County?
Redneck Wrote:Dang what a schedule. They will be well tested come tourney time. They have all the tools to make a serious run at a state championship.

This bunch of upperclassmen have already made school history.... but they are not done.

2014 Elite 8 - Freshmen
2016 Elite 8 - Juniors

The '16/'17 school year could see JC winning three KHSAA team state championships.

4A Football, Wrestling & Baseball.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Eagle84 Wrote:Thanks for the support?:dontthink

Why wouldn't I support two coaches who were 2 of my best friends growing up, one who just happened to be the best man in my wedding.

Bob Segar, can you talk some sense into this guy. He truly believes that I hate Johnson Central, just because I take up for our football coaches and because I have never been a supporter of Jim Matney.
Redneck Wrote:Why wouldn't I support two coaches who were 2 of my best friends growing up, one who just happened to be the best man in my wedding.

Bob Segar, can you talk some sense into this guy. He truly believes that I hate Johnson Central, just because I take up for our football coaches and because I have never been a supporter of Jim Matney.

Yea, I'll vouch for him Eagle, he's been a friend of the family for many many years..A Tiger by birth yes, but honestly a really good guy, and I do consider him a very good friend to myself as well as to my nephews and my sons . We all want to support our own teams, and that he vigorously does with his own, but he honestly is an Eagle supporter when we don't play his Tigers.
Lexington Catholic
Madison and Valdosta - both very good programs. Valdosta actually has a kid that signed with EKU.
Elder
St. X
Cabel Midland
Campbell County
Not sure who in Nashville?
Somerset - always descent

The two games in the Fayette Invitational against Henry Clay and Rockcastle, which would be tough games, will seem easy by the time they get to them. Rockcastle has a good core and will compete with anybody.

This could be as tough of a schedule as anyone has ever produced, especially in the 15th region. If Lexington Catgolic would have made it out of the region, they could have easily been state champs last year. Could be the favorite this year. St. X could be as well.

One thing is for sure, even though I would have liked to have seen some of these games closer to the end of the season, they will be absolutely "battle tested" by the time post season comes around. I hope more teams with potential take note of this type scheduling.

He sends a huge message to his team by putting together this schedule and let's them know straight up what his expectations are.

Well done Coach.
With wrestling now over and the basketball season is rounding 3rd base and headed home, the baseball team is looking to add their first state title their resume.

The football team's goal was the Class 4A State title..... They won it.
The wrestling team's goal was the State title..... They finished 3rd overall.
The baseball team's goal is the State title..... Don't bet against them.

The talent is there, the schedule they have will get them ready for a post-season run and the coaching is there. Just gotta make it happen.
You'd think our school was from TN looking at the first half of the schedule.

McCracken Varsity Baseball
MARCH
Tues. 14 Henry Co. HOME 6:30
Fri. 17 Calloway HOME 7:00
Sat. 18 Bowling Green HOME 12:00/2:30
Wed. 22 Brighton,TN UNION CITY 6:30
Thurs. 23 Fort Smith Southside, AR UNION CITY 4:30
Thurs. 23 Jefferson City, MO UNION CITY 7:00
Sat. 25 CHAMPIONSHIP UNION CITY TBA
Tues. 28 CCA HOME 4:30
Tues. 28 St. Mary HOME 6:30
Fri. 31 Houston, TN MT. JULIET 8:00
APRIL
Sat. 1 Mt. Juliet, TN MT. JULIET 2:00
Sat. 1 Hendersonville, TN HENDERSONVILLE 7:00
Wed. 5 Florida Christian Christian Bros. HS-Memphis 7:00
Thurs. 6 MUS USA Stadium #1 - Millington 3:00
Fri. 7 Collierville, TN Christian Bros. HS-Memphis 3:00
Sat. 8 USA CLASSIC Bracket play MILLINGTON, TN TBD
Tues. 11 Paducah Tilghman HOME 6:30
Thurs. 13 Bartlett, TN HOME 7:00
Sat. 15 Clarksville HOME 11:30
Sat. 15 Daviess HOME 4:30
Tues. 18 Paducah Tilghman Away 6:30
Fri. 21 Brighton HOME 3:30
Sat. 22 Lafayatte HOME 10:00
Sat. 22 Christian Co. HOME 12:30
Tues. 25 Marshall Co. HOME 6:30
Thurs. 27 Hopkinsville HOME 6:00
Fri. 28 Henderson Co. Away 5:00
Fr. 28 Scott Co. HENDERSON 7:30
MAY
Thurs. 4 St. Mary Away 6:00
Sat. 6 St. Xavier Away 11:00
Sat. 6 Madison Central ST. XAVIER 1:30
Mon. 8 Caldwell MURRAY ST. 7:00
Fri. 12 Butler LAFAYETTE 8:00
Sat. 13 Lafayette LAFAYETTE 11:00
Sat. 13 Sayre LAFAYETTE 1:30
Mon. 15 Graves Co. Away 6:00
Tues.16 Marshall Co. Away 5:00
Thurs. 18 Calloway Away 6:00
Sat. 20 Union Co. HOME 11:00
Mon. 22-23 DISTRICT TOURNAMENT TILGHMAN
Mon. 29-June 1 REGIONAL TOURNAMENT GRAVES CO.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:With wrestling now over and the basketball season is rounding 3rd base and headed home, the baseball team is looking to add their first state title their resume.

The football team's goal was the Class 4A State title..... They won it.
The wrestling team's goal was the State title..... They finished 3rd overall.
The baseball team's goal is the State title..... Don't bet against them.

The talent is there, the schedule they have will get them ready for a post-season run and the coaching is there. Just gotta make it happen.

Both girls and boys basketball have concluded this season for JC... so spring sports are full steam ahead.
JC definitely has the toughest schedule around
Johnson Central has pretty much dominated every sport and baseball will be no different. Should be another good year for JC.
Great team JC has, has two great pitchers. Watch this team in the state tourney....
Base_Ball Wrote:Great team JC has, has two great pitchers. Watch this team in the state tourney....

Why didn't anyone notify the other teams in the 15th region that the regional tournament was cancelled???? :Thumbs: Could have saved some money and not even played games and just go cheer on the champs since they have already won it all......:Clap:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Why didn't anyone notify the other teams in the 15th region that the regional tournament was cancelled???? :Thumbs: Could have saved some money and not even played games and just go cheer on the champs since they have already won it all......:Clap:

Man what an ass. :1:
0ff The Chain Wrote:Johnson Central has pretty much dominated every sport and baseball will be no different. Should be another good year for JC.

You would have to say that JC is the favorite this year in baseball. But to say that they have dominated every sport would be a real stretch. I would say if you looked at sports (both boys and girls) that JC and other 15th region schools both compete in the number of district and regional titles over the last 5 years is going to be pretty close. Example LC girls soccer won 5 or 6 regional titles in row. The men's basketball team 3 district and a regional title the last 3 years. The fishing team state title.
dawg fan Wrote:You would have to say that JC is the favorite this year in baseball. But to say that they have dominated every sport would be a real stretch. I would say if you looked at sports (both boys and girls) that JC and other 15th region schools both compete in the number of district and regional titles over the last 5 years is going to be pretty close. Example LC girls soccer won 5 or 6 regional titles in row. The men's basketball team 3 district and a regional title the last 3 years. The fishing team state title.

Is JC the favorite? Yes, of course they are. They return pretty much their entire team minus 1 pitcher this year from last. Should all teams shut down and just stop competing? There are two teams that offensively should be able to be with them....and then at least one other that is surprising some early on with a few impressive wins so far.

As for baseball, since 2006:
2006 - Sheldon Clark
2007 - JC
2008 - LC
2009 - LC
2010 - Pikeville
2011 - LC
2012 - Pikeville
2013 - Prestonsburg
2014 - JC
2015 - LC
2016 - JC

So in the past 11 years, the totals are:
LC with 4 regional titles
JC with 3 regional titles
Pikeville with 2 regional titles
SC and Prestonsburg 1 each
Eagle84 Wrote:Man what an ass. :1:

Why? Because we have people already saying they can't wait to watch JC in the state tournament? Chill out. My post was satirical humor. JC probably stands better chance of winning the 15th than the other teams. However, there are at least 2 teams that can challenge them to the end. :Thumbs:
LCHSbulldogsalum Wrote:Why? Because we have people already saying they can't wait to watch JC in the state tournament? Chill out. My post was satirical humor. JC probably stands better chance of winning the 15th than the other teams. However, there are at least 2 teams that can challenge them to the end. :Thumbs:

Because you were being an ass :1:

Yes I was say JC is the favorite but LC was the favorite last year. That means nothing. That why it is called last year. That are several teams who have a good chance of beating JC on a given night.