Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one is Charlie?
Here we go again...Just this weekend we have New York City, Elizabeth, NJ. , St. Cloud, Minn.

Who is Charlie, and what should we do about figuring out who Charlie is?
Could a mod fix the thread title, please?
Is it time to officially start profiling?
Bob Seger Wrote:Is it time to officially start profiling?

I would like to think, were I in America, and of Middle Eastern heritage, and an Islamic adherent, I would understand the need for special scrutiny, given the times. Nothing to hide... nothing to fear kind of thing. The assumption is not guilt, but rather the policy is identification for purposes of security.
Bob Seger Wrote:Is it time to officially start profiling?

We already have been profiling since the beginning of the country's history. Sometimes its warranted, other times it's not.
Motley Wrote:We already have been profiling since the beginning of the country's history. Sometimes its warranted, other times it's not.

Do you consider it "not a good time" to allow 100,00 more Syrian refugees to enter the country right now?
Bob Seger Wrote:Do you consider it "not a good time" to allow 100,00 more Syrian refugees to enter the country right now?

Women and children maybe, but we need to be very careful of who is allowed in.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I would like to think, were I in America, and of Middle Eastern heritage, and an Islamic adherent, I would understand the need for special scrutiny, given the times. Nothing to hide... nothing to fear kind of thing. The assumption is not guilt, but rather the policy is identification for purposes of security.

Then why is the left calling Trump racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, and all kinds of other mean nasty ugly things?
Bob Seger Wrote:Then why is the left calling Trump racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, and all kinds of other mean nasty ugly things?

I do not speak for the left, but, it seems to me, that the early rhetoric of his campaign sought a "large print" appeal, and it worked, but left himself vulnerable to these charges for the general election.
Bob Seger Wrote:Then why is the left calling Trump racist, xenophobic, Islamaphobic, and all kinds of other mean nasty ugly things?

Because out of all the would be nominees, 17 for the Republicans and 6 for the Democrats, only one of the 23 had the courage to speak the truth. And he did so first, initially drawing fire for having done so from all of the other candidates and the speaker of the House. Don't think that didn't take some chin. In fact, Trump is the first to speak the truth since Ronald Reagan left office. Americans are sick of the lies, the PC, and being used to fund the left's agenda with an ever expanding portion of their hard earned pay checks while their own families are often forced to do without.

The people spoke during the primary season and the left are terrified. Therefore no stoop will be too low for Dems to plumb and no name or lie will be considered out of bounds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Democrats have made clear that loss of American Life is an acceptable risk of globalization!
Pick6 Wrote:The Democrats have made clear that loss of American Life is an acceptable risk of globalization!

Oh I don't think there's any doubt they are prepared to accept loss of life for 'the cause.' We're all a bunch of useful idiots to these guys. Just make the comparison of the America of 2011 at the time of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and America of 2016 where it is nothing to see minority based mobs face down and even fight against police.

I was appalled to see the obviously organized and financed mobs of the Occupy movement. Reportedly a gift of George Soros BTW. I knew at the time that I was watching something I'd never seen on American soil. But Occupy was nothing compared to what we're seeing in Charlotte. I don't like where this stuff is heading, before this is over it will likely get much worse if the contrast of 2011 & 2016 is any indication. And FTR, it's no small thing for citizens to take it upon themselves shut down a U.S. interstate highway.

Hillary promises more of the same. Trump promises more opportunity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I knew at the time that I was watching something I'd never seen on American soil.

Will you clarify this statement a little more?
Motley Wrote:Will you clarify this statement a little more?

Manufactured, non spontaneous protests, participated in by actors who were hired and in many cases bused in to inspire unrest and foment, which were enjoined by useful idiots.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I doubt Urban understands the reference to "Charlie" in this thread. No diss at all Urban, I just doubt you are old enough to understand the reference.

During the Vietnam war, our enemy could not beat us in conventional war, so they fought a guerilla war in which the North Vietnamese and Viet Kong infiltrated the South Vietnamese civilian population. They were indistinguishable from the civilian population. The analog, of coarse, is Muslims coming to this country to do us harm infiltrating our civilian population.
TheRealThing Wrote:Manufactured, non spontaneous protests, participated in by actors who were hired and in many cases bused in to inspire unrest and foment, which were enjoined by useful idiots.

In your view, then, were the Freedom Riders "outside agitators"?
Pick6 Wrote:I doubt Urban understands the reference to "Charlie" in this thread. No diss at all Urban, I just doubt you are old enough to understand the reference.

During the Vietnam war, our enemy could not beat us in conventional war, so they fought a guerilla war in which the North Vietnamese and Viet Kong infiltrated the South Vietnamese civilian population. They were indistinguishable from the civilian population. The analog, of coarse, is Muslims coming to this country to do us harm infiltrating our civilian population.

I was aware.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:In your view, then, were the Freedom Riders "outside agitators"?

You'll never convince me that black people are scared they'll be shot by the cops. Don't believe that for one second. Jessie Jackson and Sharpton have been pushing the narrative, but nobody really buys that except the liberal press and liberal academia.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You'll never convince me that black people are scared they'll be shot by the cops. Don't believe that for one second. Jessie Jackson and Sharpton have been pushing the narrative, but nobody really buys that except the liberal press and liberal academia.

Legitimate protest of injustice will have its grandstanders and publicity hounds. It will also have a lot of nameless, faceless folks willing to risk personal safety and comfort for a cause greater than themselves. The monolithic "black people" I'm not sure about; however, I am almost certain that in a lot of places in this country parents of black teen boys do think about it.
TheRealThing Wrote:Manufactured, non spontaneous protests, participated in by actors who were hired and in many cases bused in to inspire unrest and foment, which were enjoined by useful idiots.

a la George Soros.
Bob Seger Wrote:a la George Soros.

A protest does not have to be spontaneous to be legitimate, nor does it annul the legitimacy if those from outside come in. What delegitamizes is vandalism and violence which serve only the purposes of the perpetrators, and actually harms the cause of the party seeking justice.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A protest does not have to be spontaneous to be legitimate, nor does it annul the legitimacy if those from outside come in. What delegitamizes is vandalism and violence which serve only the purposes of the perpetrators, and actually harms the cause of the party seeking justice.

And for many of the quote, unquote, protestors, participating in a riot where you can freely loot and pillage is the most fun they've had since they attended the last one that was scheduled in Baltimore.
Bob Seger Wrote:And for many of the quote, unquote, protestors, participating in a riot where you can freely loot and pillage is the most fun they've had since they attended the last one that was scheduled in Baltimore.

I take it you are suggesting that inner city youth can easily travel from Baltimore to New Orleans to Dallas to Charlotte in a sort of "loot and pillage" traveling road show?
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:I take it you are suggesting that inner city youth can easily travel from Baltimore to New Orleans to Dallas to Charlotte in a sort of "loot and pillage" traveling road show?

Pocket change when George Soros is your sugar daddy.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:A protest does not have to be spontaneous to be legitimate, nor does it annul the legitimacy if those from outside come in. What delegitamizes is vandalism and violence which serve only the purposes of the perpetrators, and actually harms the cause of the party seeking justice.

I gotta hand it to you, making lemonade is an art form perfected by the liberal and one of which you are adept. How you could dredge up anything positive with which to spin your way out of the tight spot this time though, required a true talent IMHO. These so-called protestors are paid professionals, even their transportation has in many cases been provided. So just to hit a few high spots, they've gone from the various Occupy sites, to Sanford, Florida, to Ferguson, to New York, to Atlanta and LA, to Baltimore and now they're proceeding to destroy Charlotte, NC.

The police in that fair city have checked the ID's of many of the more violently inclined PROTESTORS there, and found them to have participated at some of the foregoing protest 'stops' mentioned above. This is nothing more than a 5th column bent on the destruction of the normalcy and orderliness of the society in which we all grew up. The actions of destruction, murder and mayhem, arson and general anarchy associated with these so-called protests, should bring an obvious conclusion to all. Very simply, where orderliness exists prior to the arrival of the protest leaders, after their arrival exists rage, ruin, and in this case more death and certainly more injury.

The sentiment which moves local folks to get involved has been drummed up by the liberal media, and this administration. And as they take to the microphone, they are always poignantly aligned with the supposed underlying frustrations, of what has now become a group known and accepted as oppressed beyond debate. Thus giving legitimacy to Jessie and Al's alleges, and making such folks special above and beyond the 'common good' in my view. And I'd just like to ask a question. How long will the people's sentiment and sympathies abide with those who tear down cities, stop commerce and traffic, and threaten the overall safety of their families? I said this before and I'll say it again; If all concerned in law enforcement circles would come out and tell the protestors aligning themselves for yet another round of mayhem, 'all who break the law will go to jail and be prosecuted, no exceptions,' the level of insurrection would be far less.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:Legitimate protest of injustice will have its grandstanders and publicity hounds. It will also have a lot of nameless, faceless folks willing to risk personal safety and comfort for a cause greater than themselves. The monolithic "black people" I'm not sure about; however, I am almost certain that in a lot of places in this country parents of black teen boys do think about it.

I actually agree with the first part of your post.

However, why don't the parents (both black and white) make sure their teens are being properly educated. And if they're not cut out for college, have them get a job! I know some kids who actually go to college AND hold down a job.
Granny Bear Wrote:I actually agree with the first part of your post.

However, why don't the parents (both black and white) make sure their teens are being properly educated. And if they're not cut out for college, have them get a job! I know some kids who actually go to college AND hold down a job.

A lot of black and brown skinned Americans are good parents, have smart kids, are employed and teach a solid work ethic. They are concerned about the issues we are here discussing.
TheRealThing Wrote:I gotta hand it to you, making lemonade is an art form perfected by the liberal and one of which you are adept. How you could dredge up anything positive with which to spin your way out of the tight spot this time though, required a true talent IMHO. These so-called protestors are paid professionals, even their transportation has in many cases been provided. So just to hit a few high spots, they've gone from the various Occupy sites, to Sanford, Florida, to Ferguson, to New York, to Atlanta and LA, to Baltimore and now they're proceeding to destroy Charlotte, NC.

The police in that fair city have checked the ID's of many of the more violently inclined PROTESTORS there, and found them to have participated at some of the foregoing protest 'stops' mentioned above. This is nothing more than a 5th column bent on the destruction of the normalcy and orderliness of the society in which we all grew up. The actions of destruction, murder and mayhem, arson and general anarchy associated with these so-called protests, should bring an obvious conclusion to all. Very simply, where orderliness exists prior to the arrival of the protest leaders, after their arrival exists rage, ruin, and in this case more death and certainly more injury.

The sentiment which moves local folks to get involved has been drummed up by the liberal media, and this administration. And as they take to the microphone, they are always poignantly aligned with the supposed underlying frustrations, of what has now become a group known and accepted as oppressed beyond debate. Thus giving legitimacy to Jessie and Al's alleges, and making such folks special above and beyond the 'common good' in my view. And I'd just like to ask a question. How long will the people's sentiment and sympathies abide with those who tear down cities, stop commerce and traffic, and threaten the overall safety of their families? I said this before and I'll say it again; If all concerned in law enforcement circles would come out and tell the protestors aligning themselves for yet another round of mayhem, 'all who break the law will go to jail and be prosecuted, no exceptions,' the level of insurrection would be far less.

There were many within his own community who wished ill on the Southern Christian Leadership group of MLK. They had their agendas and motives, most of which conflicted with Dr. King's message and methods. Charlatans and hucksters exist in every walk of life, the church included. I would like to see the Dallas police chief who is retiring be appointed to create a national task force on improving understanding between police and community. Shooting unarmed people ain't cool. Non-compliance to police officers orders ain't smart. I also think more training for cops on dealing with mental illness is optimal.
The Urban Sombrero Wrote:There were many within his own community who wished ill on the Southern Christian Leadership group of MLK. They had their agendas and motives, most of which conflicted with Dr. King's message and methods. Charlatans and hucksters exist in every walk of life, the church included. I would like to see the Dallas police chief who is retiring be appointed to create a national task force on improving understanding between police and community. Shooting unarmed people ain't cool. Non-compliance to police officers orders ain't smart. I also think more training for cops on dealing with mental illness is optimal.

Which of course means you accept the narrative being put forth which states that dimwitted and trigger happy police, just up and shoot black folks because they're some kind of sub specie that doesn't really matter. To do that means you have to ignore the statistics completely, along with the twin lies which got this black lives matter ball rolling in the first place. They were the false charges of the Trayvon Martin affair, in which we saw wild eyed speculation being reported and exacerbated by a very disingenuous press. And the lie propagated by the CBC among others, said lie BTW, rose to the level of infamy even though a DOJ that leans so hard to the left that side of their heads all have callouses on them, as 'hands up don't shoot' was proven to have been a lie perpetrated by a biased witness.

And from incidents such as these rose what seems to be the national right to now treat the police as if their first inclination is to murder innocent black people and then lie about it. You do realize that once the authority on which this nation has functioned since it's inception, that being the rule of law, is sufficiently eroded by such stupidity, there will exist no authority to keep the peace and ensure orderliness in our society, right? Such rejection of authority would serve an apt definition for anarchy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
⬆️

You are trigger happy in your assumptions, building straw men to knock down. If your suggestion is that many areas in the country do not have a gap of understanding between police and community, of which these incidents are but a symptom, I don't know what "statistics" you source from. I did not directly nor by implication malign police officers, as that was your erroneous inference. I stand by what I posted.