Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 high school students charged with killing 3 horses in Pike County
Those boys should get into trouble IMO!
http://www.news-expressky.com/articles/2...01game.txt

“Kids do silly things sometimes and don't think about it,” said Stratton.

Nothing will happen to them just from reading this.
According to a friend, who is an East Ridge cheerleader even the CHEERLEADERS from Pikeville acted like they were shooting horses that night. I don't doubt that the fans did this either. People are so inconsiderate of others especially high school students at basketball games. They don't care WHAT they make fun of, just something to hit the nerves of the rival team. It's sad really. Would they make fun of the people from ER who have been killed over the years if it happen around basketball season? Probably. Pikeville threw PILLS out onto the floor a few years ago when they played Pike Central because of the drug problems/busts at the school. Pikeville's student's dads were probably the ones to prescribe them in the first place.

thetribe Wrote:According to a friend, who is an East Ridge cheerleader even the CHEERLEADERS from Pikeville acted like they were shooting horses that night. I don't doubt that the fans did this either. People are so inconsiderate of others especially high school students at basketball games. They don't care WHAT they make fun of, just something to hit the nerves of the rival team. It's sad really. Would they make fun of the people from ER who have been killed over the years if it happen around basketball season? Probably. Pikeville threw PILLS out onto the floor a few years ago when they played Pike Central because of the drug problems/busts at the school. Pikeville's student's dads were probably the ones to prescribe them in the first place.

Pikeville's cheerleaders werent even at the game.
Sorry about that, I went back and read my messages and it wasn't a cheerleader. It said Pikeville girl. I apologize.

Fans were still way out of line though.

I seen it happen at the game, I just thought it was a throw off of last years "Brokeback Mountain" theme that East Ridge came up with.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
thetribe Wrote:Sorry about that, I went back and read my messages and it wasn't a cheerleader. It said Pikeville girl. I apologize.

Fans were still way out of line though.

Hey Tribe...maybe you should go to the ER games rather than jump off the bandwagon like everyone else has. You wanted rid of Kilgore...he's gone. You wanted rid of D.P. May...he's gone. So where were the ER fans Friday night???? Their were twice as many Pikeville fans as ER fans on a cold, snowy night so what's your excuse now??? It is sad that ER has to come up with a "horse" tactic like this when they have nothing else to complain about!!
SVcatfan Wrote:Was anyone at the Pikeville/East Ridge basketball game Friday night? According to todays News Express there were some kids from Pikeville that brought a stuffed horse and plastic cap guns to the game. Mr. Stratton took them and there were no further probems, according to the paper, but that is horrible that those kids would do something so cruel and hearless.

No, it is horrible that the ER kids "really did" do this so don't try to blame Pikeville Kids for the ER kids screw up!!!
Maybe if I was still in high school then I wouldn't have anything better to do than go to the games. I was an ER fan for the last 4 years and went to more games imaginable but I'm no longer a student there and stuff comes up when you are out in the real world that is more important than a basketball game. I love the game just as much as the next person but I have other stuff to do. What does getting rid of Kilgore and May have to do with Pikeville versus East Ridge fans or students killing horses? We wanted rid of them, they are gone. That's fantastic. It doesn't effect me anymore though, just glad my friends don't have to tolerate them. I couldn't tell you where ER's fans were Friday night. Maybe they had other stuff to do than get out on a dangerous night and show some support. I had that the basketball team never has the support they deserve but when they start having a great record more people may get behind them.

What in the WORLD are you talking about with "ER has to come up with a horse tactic like this when they have nothing else to complain about"? Seriously what in hell are you saying?

bball fan Wrote:No, it is horrible that the ER kids "really did" do this so don't try to blame Pikeville Kids for the ER kids screw up!!!

I don't think that there is ONE person here who doesn't understand that East Ridge students were those involved in the situation. No one is TRYING to say that Pikeville is at fault here. They did not cause their actions in any way, shape, or form. The world doesn't revolve around Pikeville, some of us realize that. All that they ARE trying to say that it is absolutely retarded that Pikeville would have no heart, consideration for others, and be so immature and childish as to add insult to injury. How would YOU and the other Pikeville fans like it if OUR student section had reenacted a plane crash after Max Smith was tragically taken from this Earth? But NO! WE had enough respect for you, his loved ones, OURSELVES to not make total heartless jackasses of ourselves over a basketball game!

Sorry Tribe, but I think it takes a heartless jackass to compare kids shooting a horse to a 17 year old kid and his family getting killed in a plane crash. The boys that shot the horses did it on purpose. They chased it around the hill. I will bet dollars to donuts that the plane crash was 100% accident. Please dont try to relate the two.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Well I for one could care less how big of *** anyone made out of their selves at a basketball game.

This thread is about the act that took place involving the killing of the horses.
Not a groups of fans .

If any of you want to discuss the fans at basketball games do it in the bball forum.
bball fan Wrote:No, it is horrible that the ER kids "really did" do this so don't try to blame Pikeville Kids for the ER kids screw up!!!

It is horrible that the ER kids "really did" this, but it was only 2 kids that attend school there. I am not blaming Pikeville kids for this but it was way out of line for the Pikeville kids to do something like this. This has really upset the whole community and it was not something that needed to brought to the game. Kids will be kids but there was no excuse for this.
SVcatfan Wrote:It is horrible that the ER kids "really did" this, but it was only 2 kids that attend school there. I am not blaming Pikeville kids for this but it was way out of line for the Pikeville kids to do something like this. This has really upset the whole community and it was not something that needed to brought to the game. Kids will be kids but there was no excuse for this.

THIS is what I'm trying to say. I didn't mean to COMPARE the Smith situation with the horses. What I am saying is that it was completely uncalled for to bring up a horrible situation in front of a thousand people and taunt a SCHOOL over it when it was the actions of two people. People that cared about those boys were in attendance. What would have happened in the situation had his mother been there and she took the floor when the fans started this? His girlfriend was on the sidelines and I'm sure her and the rest of his friends didn't appreciate it. I think that the boys should have a gooooood, long, swift punishment for their actions and I myself cannot accept Pikeville's actions as any less as repulsive.

thetribe Wrote:THIS is what I'm trying to say. I didn't mean to COMPARE the Smith situation with the horses. What I am saying is that it was completely uncalled for to bring up a horrible situation in front of a thousand people and taunt a SCHOOL over it when it was the actions of two people. People that cared about those boys were in attendance. What would have happened in the situation had his mother been there and she took the floor when the fans started this? His girlfriend was on the sidelines and I'm sure her and the rest of his friends didn't appreciate it. I think that the boys should have a gooooood, long, swift punishment for their actions and I myself cannot accept Pikeville's actions as any less as repulsive.

I agree with you that it shouldnt have happened. But as I said earlier, I thought it was a throwback from the whole "Brokeback Mountian" thing last year. Taunting ONE player instead of the team or SCHOOL.

You should get your facts straight before making posts about things. In a earlier message you said that Pikevilles cheerleaders were doing it, then you changed it to a girl from Pikeville after it was mentioned that the cheerleaders wasnt even there. Another flaw in your story is, there wasnt even close to a thousand people there. Maybe 300 and the majority was from Pikeville.

His mother and girlfriend comment, I would be pretty sure his mother would be trying to find a way to keep jr out of jail instead of going to a ballgame. His girlfriend and friends, well, what the Pikeville kids did may have been in bad taste, but trust me, it wasnt no where near in the same league as what the boys did. If I had a daughter, and her boyfriend did what they did, guess what, he wouldnt have a girlfriend anymore. I would be more worried about her safety than to allow her to date someone who has no more heart than what the boys showed.
As Doc said above. This thread is about the horrible slaughter of innocent horses. Not a bunch of fans that were acting like a horses ***.

If anyone would like to discuss the fans actions start a new thread and discuss away. Keep this one about the topic at hand.
thetribe Wrote:I don't think that there is ONE person here who doesn't understand that East Ridge students were those involved in the situation. No one is TRYING to say that Pikeville is at fault here. They did not cause their actions in any way, shape, or form. The world doesn't revolve around Pikeville, some of us realize that. All that they ARE trying to say that it is absolutely retarded that Pikeville would have no heart, consideration for others, and be so immature and childish as to add insult to injury. How would YOU and the other Pikeville fans like it if OUR student section had reenacted a plane crash after Max Smith was tragically taken from this Earth? But NO! WE had enough respect for you, his loved ones, OURSELVES to not make total heartless jackasses of ourselves over a basketball game!
It was Max Lester not Smith and surely you aren't comparing shooting a horse to a plane crash. You are a sick individual!! You guys at ER can't even argue because you never can get the facts right. Just stay out of everyones business if you are clueless about details!!
Bball fan please read Midee1 post above yours or mine, If you want to address fans and their actions. Go to the basketball thread!
This is off topic.
From the ANE..."Herbert Mack Gibson, the athletic director for East Ridge, didn't see any problems during the game, and neither did East Ridge principal Kevin Justice, who said he expressed concern only because he heard a rumor that a horse was brought to the game."

So neither saw anything only heard a rumor.
Did the Appalachian News Express,(ANE) make this out to be bigger than it was???
bball fan Wrote:It was Max Lester not Smith and surely you aren't comparing shooting a horse to a plane crash. You are a sick individual!! You guys at ER can't even argue because you never can get the facts right. Just stay out of everyones business if you are clueless about details!!

Okay so I'm bad with names, my mistake. I did say that it was a cheerleader until I went back and read the messages, it wasn't like I intentionally said that it was one until someone said that they weren't there and then I was like Uh oh, they caught me ummm well it was a girl. I made a mistake, I'm human, it happens. I'm not comparing the two. I am saying that there are some things that you should use to boil the blood of your opponents and other things should be left alone.

No one from ER is trying to argue. There is nothing TO argue. This thread is about what happened and what we think should be done about it. In no way we are trying to argue that what they did was right. It's not in any way. What Pikeville's fan did was not right. We don't have to have any facts to support any case. You aren't even from East Ridge and you come in here saying that we should stay out of everyone's business if we are clueless, we know a HELL of a lot more things about it than you ever will because we know the people who did it personally, we know the owner of the horses, we know the lady whose property they came onto, YOU know what you read in the newspaper or that was told to you through the grapevine.

This thread isn't about fans of any school. It has gotten way off topic and it will only get more and more heated if it continues to be about the schools instead of the individuals and the crime. I'm glad someone brought it to the attention of everyone that the newspaper published a story on the basketball game, some may had not heard what happened BUT this needs to go back to the way it was or else it will be shut down.

And Fox, I don't think that the News-Express really blew things out of proportion. It was probably HALF truth, half rumor. People saw students with the guns, horses, things like that, they were taken away. People saw taunting and the shooting horses actions but the whole severed horse head and things to that extent, I'm not sure if it was ever going to be taken THAT far.

thetribe Wrote:Okay so I'm bad with names, my mistake. I did say that it was a cheerleader until I went back and read the messages, it wasn't like I intentionally said that it was one until someone said that they weren't there and then I was like Uh oh, they caught me ummm well it was a girl. I made a mistake, I'm human, it happens. I'm not comparing the two. I am saying that there are some things that you should use to boil the blood of your opponents and other things should be left alone.

No one from ER is trying to argue. There is nothing TO argue. This thread is about what happened and what we think should be done about it. In no way we are trying to argue that what they did was right. It's not in any way. What Pikeville's fan did was not right. We don't have to have any facts to support any case. You aren't even from East Ridge and you come in here saying that we should stay out of everyone's business if we are clueless, we know a HELL of a lot more things about it than you ever will because we know the people who did it personally, we know the owner of the horses, we know the lady whose property they came onto, YOU know what you read in the newspaper or that was told to you through the grapevine.

This thread isn't about fans of any school. It has gotten way off topic and it will only get more and more heated if it continues to be about the schools instead of the individuals and the crime. I'm glad someone brought it to the attention of everyone that the newspaper published a story on the basketball game, some may had not heard what happened BUT this needs to go back to the way it was or else it will be shut down.

And Fox, I don't think that the News-Express really blew things out of proportion. It was probably HALF truth, half rumor. People saw students with the guns, horses, things like that, they were taken away. People saw taunting and the shooting horses actions but the whole severed horse head and things to that extent, I'm not sure if it was ever going to be taken THAT far.
GOOD POST Tribe!
Thats soo mean!!
They need a LOONNGG sentence!!!
I mean once you abuse an animal, your more likely to abuse a human being... proven fact. Plus these poor horses didn't deserve this. Makes me so mad!
I say give them about 5 years and let them think about what they did and move on with life.
This thread is 2 years old.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]