Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky 17 South Carolina 10
Final from Lex

Good game all around by the Cats. First half of offense wasn't so good but defense was. If Kentucky can put 4 quarters together like they did with the second half of tonight's game with SC, they should win several more games this season.

I'm gonna go ahead and take the L for next week tho.
Was surprised by the young defense first half they were amazing could have played with the best for two quarters. That being said they still have a long way to go but should be solid once they get experience. Ill admit I was unsure how the little qb would play.. after the first half he got in sync was impressed. Good game glad to see muschamp take a loss haha
Its hard to believe that South Carolina has fallen further than UK.

But like UK, they hired a coach that has no business being a HC.
2-2 really isn't the start we hoped for, but 6 wins are still possible.

We aren't beating Alabama.

We have 4 winnable games left. Doesn't mean we will reach 6 wins, but at least there is a path.

10/8 vs. Vanderbilt
10/22 vs. Mississippi State
10/29 @ Missouri
11/19 vs. Austin Peay
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Agreed. We will beat Austin Peay, we should beat Vandy at home, but it's hard to imagine with this being Kentucky football that we could best Mississippi State and Missouri both. Might get one, another 5-7 looks very likely.
Unless we show tremendous improvement, Austin Peay and Maybe Vandy will be it this season.
That is the crazy thing about these schedules under Stoops. When Rich Brooks was here we had basically all cupcakes outside of the SEC. We would play teams like EKU, Ohio University, and Middle Tennessee State School for the Blind and Deaf. Now we are playing bowl teams who were preseason Top 50. In the next 2-3 we will play Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan who have both been bowl teams in the last 2-3 years. Yikes!

When I looked at the schedule in the preseason I said there were about 8 potential wins if we play our best. There were 5 guaranteed wins and 3 potential wins. The 5 guaranteed wins are still there. We got two of them done. I always had Southern Miss as a potential, not guaranteed, win.

The road to 6 is a narrow one but very possible. South Carolina is better than Vandy and they proved it on the field. Therefore, Vandy should be no problem. Obviously, Austin Peay should be no problem. There is 4 wins.

The real questions will be the Tigers and the Bulldogs.

One thing that gives me hope is that every year Kentucky beats someone they are not supposed to and loses to someone they shouldn't. My hope is that Southern Miss was our letdown and that we pull off an upset at some point this season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:2-2 really isn't the start we hoped for, but 6 wins are still possible.

We aren't beating Alabama.

We have 4 winnable games left. Doesn't mean we will reach 6 wins, but at least there is a path.

10/8 vs. Vanderbilt
10/22 vs. Mississippi State
10/29 @ Missouri
11/19 vs. Austin Peay
Georgia is not playing well at the present, might have a chance at home...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:That is the crazy thing about these schedules under Stoops. When Rich Brooks was here we had basically all cupcakes outside of the SEC. We would play teams like EKU, Ohio University, and Middle Tennessee State School for the Blind and Deaf. Now we are playing bowl teams who were preseason Top 50. In the next 2-3 we will play Eastern Michigan and Central Michigan who have both been bowl teams in the last 2-3 years. Yikes!

When I looked at the schedule in the preseason I said there were about 8 potential wins if we play our best. There were 5 guaranteed wins and 3 potential wins. The 5 guaranteed wins are still there. We got two of them done. I always had Southern Miss as a potential, not guaranteed, win.

The road to 6 is a narrow one but very possible. South Carolina is better than Vandy and they proved it on the field. Therefore, Vandy should be no problem. Obviously, Austin Peay should be no problem. There is 4 wins.

The real questions will be the Tigers and the Bulldogs.

One thing that gives me hope is that every year Kentucky beats someone they are not supposed to and loses to someone they shouldn't. My hope is that Southern Miss was our letdown and that we pull off an upset at some point this season.

2006-2009 under Brooks UK won 12 games in the SEC, including 4-4 in 2006. But if you look at the scores, and remember the games they always COMPETED in several other games. There seemed to always be a chance. I think that is the biggest difference between Brooks and Stoops. Many weeks Stoop's coached teams don't seem to play hard.
2006- (8-5) lost to UT by 7, and SC by 5
2007- (8-5) lost to UT in 4 o.ts upset #9-UofL and #1-LSU
2008- (7-6) lost to Bama by 3, SC by 7, UGA by 4, Vandy by 7
2009- (7-6) lost to SC by 2, Miss St by 7, and UT o.t. by 6

The depth seemed to catch up the those Brook's UK teams. After the 3 overtime win vs. #1 LSU in 2007, and then the following week ranked 8th in the country vs. Florida with College game day on hand the Cats were beat up and banged. They got drilled by Miss. St. 31-14, in a game they probably win 9/10 times had they not been so spent.