Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who do you think is the best guitarist ever?
Cause his voice is the most aggrivating thing I've heard, next to his music of course. If I wanted to hear elevator music, i would download it lol..

But most people when they sing, they have a full voice, clear, and a good tone.

John Mayer sings too close to the mic, and breathes when he sings, that's why he has like a softer voice. He isn't the only one though. There are others. But since you picked him I'm goin to keep on picking on him.. lol
But since you picked him I'm goin to keep on picking on him.. lol

I kind of figured this was more about aggravating me and less about John Mayer...
I could name quite a few singers that are irritating to me too...
i think john mayer is better then Ryan lol
Actually it started off against John Mayer, cause I honestly don't like his music. But then it got fun arguing with you..

Bamma, You dont' want to get in between this lol..
lol bring it on CTD lol u wont get any UK tickets hahahahahaha now hows that for the tables to turn :-)
Oh boy.. I can always get a ticket.. Don't start on me lol.. or I may have to touch up your posts some lol
HEY NOW THATS NOT NICE lol man now im going to go cry c that CTD u made a kid cry u should feel ashamed.LOL
But I don't lol
lol go figure haha
I went to a birthday celebration in Nashville in 1994, I got to see, Joe Perry from areosmith, Eric Clapton, jeff Beck Jimmy Page, Waylon Jennings, mark Knoppler from Dire straits/chet atkins and david gilmour from Pink floyd and Les Paul.
I would have to say David Gilmour and Les Paul are the best I have ever seen.
I saw Randy Roads with Ozzy and I got to see Stevie ray Vaugn and Jeff Healy in cinn at Bogarts, BB King in Vegas last summer
thats awsome i wanna c Steve Vai in concert
Mark Knophler and chet atkins are the two best finger pickers I've heard
He is pretty good.
But if you really want to see a show go see Pink Floyd, Gilmour Is the Bomb.

I have seen so many
Angus Young is a blast
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:That's very true but it don't sound like the country singers are trying to whisper/breath heavy while they sing..

He does not whisper or breathe heavy while singing that I am aware of. Is this the same man we are talking about. I love John Mayer...I could listen to it 24/7...

Male Country singers are still worse with the stuff they sing about and the way they sing... with the exception of Garth Brooks...

are you not a big country fan? haha...
Clapton is the best out there,,he was one of the people that revoultionized rock,,he can play the blues, rock, and acoustic..SRV falls close behind, but was influenced by Clapton and Hendrix both. I could listen to John Mayer every other day. CTD, you should download his version of Lenny,,it is amazing, and is played smoother than SRV did it to begin with.
That's what made SRV so great. He had a unique sound, and it was very bluesy. I didn't say John Mayer couldnt' play.. cause he's not that bad.. but he can't sing, thus making his music sucky.. That and the fact that Jazz isn't one of my favorites.
Angus Young from AC/DC
has so much energy.
ummm..John Mayer....lol...
SRV and Hendrix
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:ummm..John Mayer....lol...

You just had to do it didn't ya..
yep...
:cough:John Mayer sucks:cough:
Hendrix, Clapton, and SRV obviously. Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds are amazing acoustic guitar players. John Mayer is a great guitar player too and he writes really good songs...just keep him away from the microphone!
Slash was good..
have you noticed that almost all great guitar players had or have a problem with drugs or drinking?
John mayer makes me sick to my stomach..
hawkamania Wrote:have you noticed that almost all great guitar players had or have a problem with drugs or drinking?

Not necessarily. But the one's that do just justifies the point that genius and insanity run a fine line.

Also shows just how some artists have to use drugs and alcohol to relieve their pain, in the same way music does.
torQQue Wrote:John mayer makes me sick to my stomach..

Finally someone agrees with me lol
Amanda will put that crap on and it drives me nuts.. I rather listen to a pig squeal..
Jim Root and Mick Tompson from Slipknot... they are guitar GENIUSES. acoustic, electric, anything. they can out-riff any guitarist out there, EXCEPT jimi hendrix